02.02.2024 - Bo-105 Report | South Atlantic Progress | Digital Controllers MP Server

• ED Team

header.png
02 February 2024

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends, :pilotfly: 

Our third party partner Miltech-5 are pleased to share a progress report on their DCS: Bo-105. This module promises to bring you a truly authentic light utility and reconnaissance helicopter experience. Please stay tuned for more details, and take a look at the Development Screenshots below.  

Since the inception of the DCS: South Atlantic map, RAZBAM have strived to innovate within ever-evolving technologies.  From the majestic mountain peaks to the rolling landscape of the Tierra del Fuego, their new custom surface mesh, which lends detail where required, makes the entire landscape feel more alive and better suited to the local topography. 

Digital Controllers is a community dedicated to establishing detailed and international standards for Air Traffic Control and Tactical Control in all their varieties. Through partnerships with various DCS servers such as Flashpoint Levant and Hoggit, they provide layered ATC and Tactical Control to dozens of pilots on a regular basis, while running a comprehensive training course and dedicated mentoring. Join their Discord

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely, 

Eagle Dynamics

Bo-105

Miltech-5

Hero1.png

The above screenshot shows the current state of the Bo-105, which will be available in three versions: the German Bo 105 PAH 1A1/VBH, the Swedish Hkp9A, and the South Korean Bo-105 as AI only. 

Aside from the liveries, all three versions will have different internal devices and are offered as separate versions. The external and internal 3D models of all Bo-105 versions will have a high level of detail that is close to photo realistic. All movable parts of the helicopter have been modelled, from rotor blade articulation to circuit breakers. 

Initial tests have shown the great potential of their new development strategy for internal machine logic. It fits well into the existing DCS API and environment. The program logic changed from event control to situation control. This means that all devices have their own program and are interconnected within a global system. The advantage is that specific control situations do not require special coding. The result is an auto-generated output that is dependent on all the connected devices. An example of this is autorotation. The handling is initiated by the corresponding pilot inputs. The rotor system, as an independent device, reacts like a real Bo-105. Even non programmatically planned situations are handled realistically. This system is termed MEDUSA by Miltech-5. It is a multithreaded system that can handle all devices in different threads.

The external and cockpit models, electric system, engines, fuel supply, and rotor system are in advanced development states. The next steps are focused on flight performance, handling, and fine tuning the Bo-105’s behaviours.

South Atlantic

Development Report

Hero2.png

Since the release of the DCS: South Atlantic map, RAZBAM has provided a series of updates including new airfields, improved visual appearance and performance. They have also resolved bugs and this is now a much improved map that will see further enhancements this year. 

A large amount of work has gone into modelling and improving all towns, cities and small hamlets. This includes new building types, Points of Interest (POI), and optimising them for a boost in performance. RAZBAM have also invested time and expense in aerial photography drones to provide improved terrain distribution aesthetics. 

RAZBAM will be focusing on further ground texture and normal map improvements in the coming months. Please make sure you update to the latest version to enjoy all these new updates or consider a purchase of this large, unique, and historic region of the DCS: South Atlantic

Digital Controllers

Multiplayer Server

Hero3.png

Digital Controllers aim to unite individual squadrons by inviting them to participate in large inter-squadron events. Collaboration becomes far easier by training squadron air controllers to a global standard. Pilots new to radiotelephony are welcome to participate in the training too!

They provide detailed publications that define training standards and provision of ATC/Tactical Control. This allows squadrons to quickly and easily reference standard specifications. The linked example is a work in progress Air Traffic Control standards guide.

Their mission is to standardise ATC and Tactical Control, resulting in a friendly hub that brings the DCS community closer together. Check out their website and join in on Discord

Thank you again for your passion and support, 

Yours sincerely,

footer.png 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I got tears in my eyes that we finally got some good news for the Bo-105. Was worried that it is vaporware although the model is such a great one. Hope to hear more about it soon.

• Like 5

Great to see the BO-105 apparently being in an quite advanced stage. Did not follow its development for a while now. Happy to see all these outstanding dedication for so many years finally comes together! Will be a definite buy for me!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fisherman82 said:

Good question, the newsletter is pretty unclear about what it actually is.

Only the South Korean. The Bo-105 will be a normal full fidelity module (writing this with tears of joy btw…..) 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

19 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Only the South Korean. The Bo-105 will be a normal full fidelity module (writing this with tears of joy btw…..) 😄

However, if you read this again, one begins to wonder who wrote these words in such an unfortunate meaningless form: 

will be available in three versions: the German Bo 105 PAH 1A1/VBH, the Swedish Hkp9A, and the South Korean Bo-105 as AI only. 

Aside from the liveries, all three versions will have different internal devices and are offered as separate versions

What does it mean ? 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

What's lacking really is few words from ED, with all the great things announced, it would be nice to actually start to read more bits and pieces. Nothing new on the ED side, like really, nothing to tell your community that makes your dreams come true? 😉

I know, when there is something to share, you will share. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

What's lacking really is few words from ED, with all the great things announced, it would be nice to actually start to read more bits and pieces. Nothing new on the ED side, like really, nothing to tell your community that makes your dreams come true? 😉

I know, when there is something to share, you will share. 

It is one newsletter where we don't share our own news, nothing wrong with sharing third party news. 

We share content weekly, there are 52 weeks in a year, plenty of time to share more DCS news. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

20 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

However, if you read this again, one begins to wonder who wrote these words in such an unfortunate meaningless form: 

What does it mean ? 

Probably that the three versions are distinct assets and not only the same asset with different skin when used as AI.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• ED Team
1 hour ago, cordite said:

So all 3 versions of the Bo will be AI only, or just the South Korean one?

We will try to clarify 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Without intending to be overly negative, for me the SA map has always been the biggest disappointment, air starting at 20,000 feet and never landing is the only way I can enjoy this map and yes, I am aware that it is a WIP.

Not to sound mean or condescending, but I remember back in school we learned how to properly use commas in a sentence. To me it was pretty clear... 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

The above screenshot shows the current state of the Bo-105, which will be available in three versions: the German Bo 105 PAH 1A1/VBH, the Swedish Hkp9A, and the South Korean Bo-105 as AI only. 

Well the use of the commas in this case implies that all three versions will be AI only, otherwise the last one would be a semi-colon.

But here’s the thing: remember how the BO-105 has been slated to be a flyable model (on again/off again) for years now? And why show the cockpit if it’s AI only?

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

nothing wrong with sharing third party news.

If news at all, sir. Bo 105 information was available before the newsletter that seemed just to repeat it, SA map is not news at all as Razbam said long time ago they will do it, and promoting community multiplayer group does not belong to 'news' category although we know it is part of the newsletter since some time now.

Yeah, looking forward to those other weeks out ahead, but frankly this community is always eager to get the real information, we also communicate this loud that newsletters should stand out, this one today is rather weak. 

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gierasimov said:

If news at all, sir. Bo 105 information was available before the newsletter that seemed just to repeat it, SA map is not news at all as Razbam said long time ago they will do it, and promoting community multiplayer group does not belong to 'news' category although we know it is part of the newsletter since some time now.

Yeah, looking forward to those other weeks out ahead, but frankly this community is always eager to get the real information, we also communicate this loud that newsletters should stand out, this one today is rather weak. 

Thanks for reading!

It's standard practice for the newsletter to combines various news. Normally if these are 3rd party things. The info might already be available. But not everyone scours the internet for dcs news all the time.

I'm at best meh about the bo. So I don't go looking for the info. So fine that it is posted to an easy to find newsletter.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Gierasimov said:

Thanks for reading!

Development progress is news, sharing great community events, groups and progress is important and we will continue to highlight it. 

I am sure there will be something for you in future newsletters to enjoy, I don't understand the criticism above, either way have a great weekend. 

bignewy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

We share content weekly, there are 52 weeks in a year, plenty of time to share more DCS news.

ED is the only game publisher that I know of, who shares weekly news … of course, there will always be people that can’t be pleased, but on my case I truly appreciate the communication efforts that ED does, probably because I spent most of my free time flying with DCS, instead of being on a never ending vigil for the "next great thing" 🙂 

Best regards.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Beautiful Newsletter!

I was do happy about seeing the BO-105 in it this week. 
The BO will be a great addition to the DCS Helo fleet.!!!

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

I look forward to the weekly news letters, some of the content interest me more than other. but it's still news.  Keep them coming.

• Like 5

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Comma followed by 'and' means only the following one is designated with the later classification of 'as AI only'. If there were no comma, all 3 would. That's how I interpreted it.
Also...why make a cockpit for AI only aircraft??? It is obviously a player controlled module. The message was there.

Good news for South America map. I'm looking forward for its continued development and upgrades.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Outlaw24 said:

I look forward to the weekly news letters, some of the content interest me more than other. but it's still news.  Keep them coming.

I got spoiled in the fall of 2022. When each week a new aircraft or map got announced.

Granted a year and a half later. Only 2 maps have been released from that 6 or 8 week news overload. Some moduals haven't gotten a single news update since. Like the G.91

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.