Iraq Preview & Pre-Order

Graphics

• ED Team

header.png

18 October 2024

Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends, 

The wait is almost over! We are ecstatic to announce that DCS: Iraq is now available for pre-purchase, and its official launch is coming soon. Get ready to soar through the skies of one of the most historically rich and significant conflict regions in the world. 

The work remaining is focused on increasing the quality of the normal mapping textures, improving the airfields, and adding important points of interest. For a deeper look at what's planned in the lead-up to the official launch of DCS: Iraq, please do read the development report below.

By pre-purchasing DCS: Iraq you can save -30% off the release price, which is by far the best way to secure this new terrain and benefit from continuous updates. As all terrains, Iraq will receive further improvements throughout early access. 

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely, 

Eagle Dynamics

Iraq

Announcement

Hero1.png

Why Pre-Order DCS: Iraq?
Be among the first to experience Iraq's diverse terrains and landmarks by taking advantage of a special pre-purchase price of $48.99 instead of $69.99 before the official release. Watch the preview video!

Flexible Options to Suit Your Flight Path
The initial release of the DCS: Iraq map includes the Northern region, offering an exceptional combat flight simulation experience. It is a diverse map that ranges from the immense and bustling cityscape of Baghdad, to the spectacular mountainous east. Following the release of the Northern region, the Southern region will be offered. In addition to purchasing the entire map, you will also have the option to purchase just a specific region of interest. 

DCS: Iraq - Pre-order Now

• The entirety of Iraq that includes all significant cities, air bases, points of interest and more. 
  • Includes the detailed Northern region map and the detailed Southern region map when available later.
  • A new level of terrain detail and accuracy.

DCS: North Iraq – Pre-order Now

• Key locations such as Baghdad, Kirkuk, Sulaymaniyah, and more.
  • Key air bases including Al Asad, Balad, Baghdad International, and more.
  • Ideal to recreate the War on Terror and War on ISIS in Iraq.
  • Purchasing DCS: Northern Iraq makes the entire map flyable in single-player and multiplayer, but only this region will be in the highest detail.

DCS: South Iraq – Coming in 2025

• Featuring strategic locations such as Basrah, Najaf, Amarah, Nasiriyah, and the Shatt al-Arab waterways.
  • Covering the west coast Persian Gulf that also includes Kuwait, Bahrain, and much of Saudi Arabia. 
  • Perfect for pilots interested in recreating Operation Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom missions.
  • Purchasing DCS: Southern Iraq will make the entire map flyable in single-player and multiplayer, but only this region will be in high detail.

Please note: In order to receive the latest high quality textures across the entire map, you will either need to own the entire map or both regions.  

Development Progress

Hero2.png

Terrain Refinement: We are meticulously enhancing and adding high-resolution textures whilst simultaneously improving the normal maps and terrain elevation mesh. The goal of which is to provide an outstanding and immersion experience from very low to very high altitude. 

Airbase Detailing: Final touches are being applied to all major air bases that include accurate layouts, taxiway and runway signs, lighting, surface textures, hardened aircraft bunkers, and support facilities. All air bases are being recreated with detail and authenticity in mind.

Ground Objects: We're developing detailed models of unique buildings, vehicles, points of interest like monuments and dams, and environmental assets. 

Mission and Campaign Development: Our mission creators are preparing a variety of missions for our most popular aircraft. Mission scenarios include the Gulf Wars, The War on Terror, and operations against ISIS. 

Upcoming Plans Before Launch
Prior to the launch of the Iraq map, we are also prioritising the following items to ensure a smooth and enjoyable Day 1 launch.

• Performance Optimisation: This includes reducing load times, enhancing frame rates, and ensuring stability during large-scale battles.
  • Massive Multiplayer Testing: Extensive multiplayer sessions are scheduled to stress-test servers and refine the online experience. Our goal is to provide a seamless, lag-free environment for cooperative missions and competitive battles.
  • Community Feedback Integration: We're actively engaging with testers and community members. Your feedback is invaluable, and we're committed to incorporating your suggestions for a polished, final product. 

Pre-Purchase Now!

Hero3.png

We are extremely optimistic about the upcoming launch of the Iraq map and thrilled to begin the pre-sale. Please make sure you secure -30% off before launch and be amongst the first to conquer in one of the most captivating regions in the world. 

Pre-order now for only $48.99

Please note that the Afghanistan map is still being developed in parallel and is also making rapid progress on both improving the available Southwest Region and the upcoming East Region that includes such noteworthy locations as Kabul, Bagram, and Jalalabad.

Thank you again for your passion and support, 

Yours sincerely,

footer.png 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Iraq Preview & Pre-Order

Ordered and paid: just under 38 euro thanks to some miles I had left... Not too shabby for such an interesting and significant map 🥳

2 minutes ago, Cunctator said:

Map from DCS discord:

DCS-Iraq.png

I wouldn't mind some Iranian airbases to be included at some point, so we can recreate the Iran-Iraq war of the '80s 😎

• Like 5
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Asus ProArt RTX 4080 Super | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | VR: Varjo Aero
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2 grip on VPForce Rhino with Z-curve extension | Virpil CM3 throttle | Virpil CP2 + 3 | FSSB R3L | VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip | Everything mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS graphics settings

I feel like it may be time to wait, I have pre-purchased almost every ED module - After the drama and the game of brinkmanship that's been played with my money between ED and the other developer, I just don't feel comfortable investing more until I see more in the way of ensuring that my investment will be sound in the future. 

I love ED, ED's product and the capabilities we have with it - I am very, very excited to see where it goes.. but after more than 15 years of using this sim, I am worried given the last year.

I know I'll get called a troll, I'd invite anyone who thinks so to read my other posts on this forum.  I usually feel like it's best to keep my opinion to myself but the silence here has been deafening. 

Edited by ChuckJäger
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 5

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

full

Perfect news! 👍 Pre-purchase done!

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

15 minutes ago, ChuckJäger said:

I feel like it may be time to wait, I have pre-purchased almost every ED module - After the drama and the game of brinkmanship that's been played with my money between ED and the other developer, I just don't feel comfortable investing more until I see more in the way of ensuring that my investment will be sound in the future. 

I love ED, ED's product and the capabilities we have with it - I am very, very excited to see where it goes.. but after more than 15 years of using this sim, I am worried given the last year.

I know I'll get called a troll, I'd invite anyone who thinks so to read my other posts on this forum.  I usually feel like it's best to keep my opinion to myself but the silence here has been deafening. 

I’m in a similar situation.  I’ll still buy modules if they are special to me, but I’m really getting tired of parcelling out early access maps when really it’s just not done. I think I started down this road when I excitedly bought the F16 early access only to be disappointed that everything I clicked on seemed to be “in development” and half the weapons weren’t included. It’s only gotten worse since then and the money issue means that 3rd party devs are not the stable source of of new modules thought they were after the Hawk debacle. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

After Kola and Afghanistan I'll need more assurance Im not buying a map full of airfields surrounded low res tundras and jelly mould hills I'm afraid. Sales patter such as "A new level of terrain detail and accuracy" only serve to make me think "snake oil" after the last £100 I dropped on DCS map pre-orders. 

I sorry I cannot be more positive about what should be exciting news. Im afraid the last 2 maps have left a sour taste. 

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 4

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Excellent news! I now (almost) can flight from Egypt to Afghanistan! (Maybe some time also Middle Mediterranean Sea? Modern and WWII?)

And that means also, we are at one step less to get Pacific WWII map and airplanes!! ... and to Vietnam!

Congrats ED for your new achievement and thanks for your continuously so good work!

Edited by Peregrino
  • Like 3

I have almost pre-ordered every module, be it Aircraft, Helicopters or Maps.

This time though I will pass on and wait until it´s much more refined.

Recently I got the Kola and Afghanistan map and the CH-47F, but I find all three of them too incomplete to also add an (most probably) incomplete Iraq map ontop of that.

I know about Early Acces and what to expect, since as I told, I have done that with almost all addons and I own everything apart from the South Atlantic map, JF-17 and MBB-339.

But for now I want to see how developement moves on for Kola, Afghanistan and CH-47F before investing more. The Razbam issue also comes on top of this, having all their Aircraft too.

Also recent performance issues (flying almost entirely in VR) keeps me from putting more hard earned money into DCS.

It´s not because I have lost faith in DCS, or want to be negative, but I just have reached a point where I want developement to catch up with my investment.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

| i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz | 64GB RAM | RTX 4070 12GB | 1x1TB M.2. NVMe SSD | 1x2TB M.2. NVMe SSD | 2x2TB SATA SSD |  1x2TB HDD 7200 RPM | Win10 Home 64bit | Meta Quest 3 |

16 minutes ago, ChuckJäger said:

After the drama and the game of brinkmanship that's been played with my money between ED and the other developer, I just don't feel comfortable investing more until I see more in the way of ensuring that my investment will be sound in the future. 

I find it impossible to believe that Razbam spent 14 years as a contractor making multiple modules for ED without ever getting paid, that is just not how any business works ever. What i find a lot more believable is that someone is making it up to justify not paying their subcontracted talent with some "the client never paid us ever" bs.  They likely didnt get paid for their last project, Strike Eagle,because they didnt fulfill their reqs and didnt rectify it, and decided to go nuclear and full-drama instead.   

If someone were a painter, builder, or architect, hired by a home-owner, and they told me that they didnt get paid at all... the last thing i would suspect is that the wealthy client just arbitrarily decided to screw them out of the money and just wanted to goto court and have a public fiasco. I would assume the true story likely involves some grave mistakes made by the contractor that were not fixed to a resolution. 

I would never buy early-access if Razbam were involved. Now THAT makes sense to me.

• Like 5

Me too...after the Afghanistan release and the slap downs for voicing my concerns, I am going to wait and see. First time ever I have done this, always pre ordered before, but past years experience has left me jaded........

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

If someone calls you a troll for a sincere post like that, you know who the troll is.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 7

I always felt like 1991 Desert Storm should be the first "desert" map in DCS. Nothing against "War on Terror" but such assymetrical warfare is neither particularly exciting nor really possible to even simulate in DCS.

When all out wars with both sides having tanks, artillery, aircrafts, helicopters, warships, SAMs etc. like 1980s Iraq-Iran war or Gulf War are perfectly suited for DCS. Thanks!

• Like 5

I hope the textures resolution on the less detailed parts of the map are not going to be like in Afghanistan.

Even on the "detailed" portion of Afghanistan, the zones around the most detailed ones are very low quality when flying low. Dont know if this is going to be improved but if Irak is going the same way is a no go for me. The transition between high and low resolution is so poor handled that flying helicopters is a pain, when those parts can be seen together.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4