Canopy scratches?

moggel

Canopy scratches?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Canopy scratches?

• Yup, I reeeeally miss those little thingeys in the sunset...
    • Naaah, I couldn't care less...
    • Yes! And an option to carve a line in the canopy with my mouse every time I smoke some armour...

so if we have contrary preferences why not simply put in an option: canopy crazings on/off ?

Because I have seen a lot evidence that they are realistic, from cockpit videos to pictures and MY preference would shure be to have them on.

I found them to be top notch immersion, putting me right there in the pit.

Yes, with 2D they may distract, but I would like that challenge like the difficulty to spot a plane against the sun...

You don't like it? Turn it off! Simple solution, isn't it? :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

err... if you like it, turn the setting on ;) :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

err... if you like it, turn the setting on ;) :)

I would! Unfortunately that is what we ask for: to implement them as an option... problem is other people don't like them so they argue "that's unrealistic" (which it isn't) and try to block it.

like if they never use indicators in the car and say: nobody needs them... :D

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I would! Unfortunately that is what we ask for: to implement them as an option... problem is other people don't like them so they argue "that's unrealistic" (which it isn't) and try to block it.

like if they never use indicators in the car and say: nobody needs them... :D

"Unrealistic" I think you better get on YouTube my friend its part of the "reality factor"

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

NOT a canopy in this world doesn't have scuffs marks on it .

Guess you haven't been in many real A-10 cockpits then have you? Yes some have scratches but the location, size, and depth all have to be with in Tech Order limits which are very restrictive and most don't have any scratches.

My point exactly Nate

yep! talking about crazing here... acrylic usually suffers from crazing. As I said lots of videos and pictures show them...

@rextar - I'm absolutely pro crazings. Read my previous posts, please.;)

Shagrat

yep! talking about crazing here... acrylic usually suffers from crazing. As I said lots of videos and pictures show them...

@rextar - I'm absolutely pro crazings. Read my previous posts, please.;)

No need to read any past posts my opinion is what counts.

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Pretty big debate took on these small little things, and I'll tell you my opinion. Of course scratches exist in the cockpits in RL, but in reality they do not bother so much as in this simulation. In FC I always sought mod to turn them off. Therefore, I propose to make a slider in the options of complete disappearance, so that the intensity slowly increases to 100%. Otherwise mode that erases scratches will be highly sought.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Scratches have to be added into the physical model now, they aren't a separate glass layer like the old FC1/2 days, so they would have to be added back in by ED. That aside, what is also now possible would be to have no scratches at the start of the mission, and over the duration of the flight build up a couple here and there. Some neat tricks available in EDM with some simple coding. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Because the poll was created in April 2011, almost 2 years ago....

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Because the poll was created in April 2011, almost 2 years ago....

Hm... I know very well when was it created, cause I was the creator... but, people can no longer opt and there is a lot of new pilots hopping on this boat after FC3 release... they also have an oppinion I gues eh?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• 2 months later...

OK, I know it is a "dead horse" and maybe we never get the OPTIONAL(!) button to get this back, but what pissed me of for some time is the people again and again telling "This is not there in real life" - "crazing is not there in real life" - "Real aircrafts don't have scratches, they are replacing the canopy everytime it is scratched" - etc.

So maybe we watch a little

, happening in REALITY with a REAL cockpit canopy... and guess what?

REAL CANOPY CRAZINGS!

00:18 ...and later on throughout the video, whenever the sun is in the correct steep angle to the plexiglass:

attachment.php?attachmentid=77746&stc=1&d=1362046903

...so maybe, just maybe, we can have these as an OPTIONAL effect, we may turn on, if we like it? :music_whistling:

EDIT: And by the way, before everybody is pointing out: "this is a demo flight, in real combat they would have replaced the canopy" - Maybe, I like to fly demo displays and like to do it in a realistic way... :megalol:

A-10C_Cockpit_Crazings.thumb.png.19e40a566f45eb4a9dba0897b8c1cf5e.png

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

ED please put more hours in to EDGE, Nevada, DCS F/A-18 and DCS F-15C before even consider adding scratches that is not visible by the naked eye sitting behind the pilots visor.

You are aware that the textures are already done since FC2? This effect was there loooong time ago.

I do not ask to develop it! I dare ask if they might drop the textures into DCS World and maybe put a line in config.lua to switch on or off depending on the personal preference...

Agreed on EDGE, though. Before considering any other plane, please give us EDGE so 3rd Party can start making Afghanistan, Iran/Iraq, Balkans, Vietnam, Scandinavia and what else anybody is willing to build. :D

Shagrat

Mustang has a tiny cracks all over the canopy, visible only when you are staring to the sun, something like on the foto above. IMHO it shouldn't be too hard to implement it to the Hog and BS. Or...?

Screen_130228_165108.thumb.jpg.540cedaefba6a13bd26e6b145c2d8d7f.jpg

Edited by Suchacz