• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

WTH is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's developping for years. And it will be finished unknown years later.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

AH-64A would provide all the important stuff that a proper attack helicopter needs to have and in a well thought out battle tested and tweaked platform. The weak points of Apache aren't issues for simmers (price and maintenance requirements). Longbow is just an even more refined version with radar which isn't the kind of super SA system like it's portrayed in media and games. You will still get shot down by unseen MANPADS in AH-64D just like in Ka-50 if your tactics and SA suck. Getting a simplified D model would be worse than getting a properly made A model.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

...with full scale cockpit for both crew members, with monitors, working instruments and switches and with colimated screen :smilewink:

Here is one - made by CSTS Dinamika, cost approx hundreds of thousands $$$ :D

Edited by Suchacz

MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird

Not what I voted for, but that would be pretty fun. Visions of Blackhawk down entering my mind.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Man, I'd just like to see whatever military combat helo ED/third party devs can get their talented hands on. I'm very pleased with their work so far, and am not about to criticise them for not being able to work on a product due to Government classification.

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.

All Helicopters in the proposed wish list have two-seat Cockpit for two pilots or more like in the UH-1H Huey. As long as there is no option in the Graphic Setting for an independent second view monitor, it makes no sense to purchase those. The second pilot must have his own view, to control the Heli! Until that happens, I remain for the meanwhile in the one-seat Ka-50th

Since its creation, FSX offers the option to choose multiple window views.

As such, DCS has a lot of catching to do.

You can make your vote in the following Poll on this Topic:

ED Forums » English » Digital Combat Simulator » DCS World » DCS Wishlist » Second independent monitor for two-seat cockpit is needed

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108442

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Is AH-64 (A/D/E ;P ) possible in DCS and why not?

Hi,

I apologise if a similar thread already exists but my search brought nothing of the sort of a thread I intended to start. If I did miss it, I am sorry. :)

So... lately I've been flying the Huey (currently only flight is achievable - no such thing as landings for me yet...) and in the trill of excitement, browsing youtube for some Vietnam War videos showing Huey in action I watched a couple of clips with Mr.Apache. I surfed from one video to another only to realise that an hour has passed while I was reading and watching various materials about that helicopter. I knew it was a great piece of engineering but...

Wow! WOW!! W-O-W!!! :D

I would love to be able to fly that thing in DCS! The Series already accepts projects that require more than one person to operate so Pilot and Weapons Officer (?) would work, not to mention Coop Mode (Rise of Flight and it's bombers & strike aircraft prove it is achievable on a very high level of realism) where two players could create the crew. Majority of the systems, weapons, hell even the model are already in the sim so all the work would have to focus on flight characteristics and avionics. I know it's A LOT of work but it seems very "doable"...

Now, tell me please why I am wrong... :?

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't see any reason for why it should not be doable.

There is a lot of information out there. heck, even I am sitting on a 1000+ pages manual for the AH-64D, going over systems ranging from FLIR, engine performance, drag factors with different weapons, longbow radar usage, MFD's, icons, ++++

I don't see any reason for why it should not be doable.

There is a lot of information out there. heck, even I am sitting on a 1000+ pages manual for the AH-64D, going over systems ranging from FLIR, engine performance, drag factors with different weapons, longbow radar usage, MFD's, icons, ++++

From where?

http://info.publicintelligence.net/USArmy-ApacheLongbow.pdf

This?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I fly the A and D models in DCS heaps and would love to get a functioning cockpit for them, well more function than I already have would be great. I have the manual too but my version doesn't have the drag factors or other coefficients, wish it did because I would use them.

Didn't bother loading, but yes, most likely.

I think the main problem would be to get approval from the US Army to actually model it to somewhat high fidelity. Since ED is already working with them, I don't think they wanna do anything to jeopardize their business just to make a public simulator for the masses.

I think it's about approval too.

I think now we can play Ka-50, Huey etc. because ED can take permission to simulate them. ED can't take full permission about Apache. Because Apahce is fully functional today.

You can say that ED can simulate a lower model of Apahce. But personally I don't want to play very basic model of Apahce. Yea I now, may be that means I'll have to wait ~20 years to play Longbow.

I think I have a dilemma here. :P

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

So Huey and Ka-50 are retired...?

PS. Tomcat is definitely retired and still we can't have an ultimate F-14 Sim because Iran has 2 and a half units operational... Geezzzzzzz :(

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sure it can be done. Just no one choose to do it yet. Personally I'd rather fly an early variant than a modern one. The machines complex enough without having the longbow system. Plus I always thought that big bulbous thing on the rotor head was bloody ugly.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Back when the Ka-50 was still in development, there were plans for the next helicopter to be the Block 49 AH-64A. For reasons known only to ED, the AH-64A has dropped off the list. Maybe one day it will come back, maybe not. The AH-64A manuals are all approved for public release. There might be some copyright issues to work out with Boeing, but the technical details are all available legally. The same cannot be said of the AH-64D. While the Operator's Manual for the AH-64D can be found online, it is still classified For Official Use Only for U.S. Government and Department of Defense Contractors. Granted, the U.S. government is not likely to hunt down people who have the AH-64D manual, but rest assured it is not approved for public release. And until such time as it is, I am fairly confident that ED will not be simulating it.

My favorite sim of all time was probably Jane's Longbow 2. NOE flying the blackhawk at night with NVGs to spot in the middle of no where, drop off a spec ops squad, make it back home with no one the wiser was great fun.

Also pretty cool to pop up over a ridgeline in an AH-64D, get a radar picture, drop back down, set up 8 hellfires on an armored column (with AAA), and launch.

Unfortunately the DCS AI is completely incapable of flying like that. Instead of 10ft, they prefer 1000ft.

Edited by Evil.Bonsai