Any new info?!

Evilducky

Thought it was 11.20AM

So it's official, NOW we have survived. ;)

Time to start asking when a certain Huey will be released again. :D

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if we could get our hands on the manual before the release...

I like to know how things work before I fly.

I've already got a small part of the manual about autorotation...

me too..:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yea; no word. doesn't look like we are going to see the update until Jan now, considering how quite its gotten. I would say everyone is on holiday and wont be back until Jan2, 2013.:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I would say everyone is on holiday and wont be back until Jan2, 2013.:thumbup:

I doubt it, since

Belstimtek ... are a fully independent company primarily located in the Ukraine (some engineers in Belarus and Russia)

and xmas celebrated here on 7th jan, not on 25th dec. Moreover, this week is 6-days work week in Russia and holidays are from 1st jan to 10th jan.

Merry Christmas to you and the team also EB1! We know you all will deliver soon enough. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

We are still working. Unfortunately I have no official updates to bring about the release at this time.

In the meantime, I hope everyone here is enjoying the holidays and wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

A very Happy and full of good surprises 2013 to you and your team too :-)

Really looking fwd for the UH1 ;-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

:music_whistling:Oct...Nov...Dec... music_whistling.gif

doh.gifDec 21 "just a joke"doh.gif

:(

We are still working. Unfortunately I have no official updates to bring about the release at this time.
:mad:

I understand they're 'working on it' but I'm tired of the hype, the lack of updates, and the obvious lack of a release date. I'm beginning to think this is another Dodosim Huey debacle--still waiting for that one to be released; therefore I'm done with this, good luck...:furious:

• Like 2

• ED Team

lol at rage quit :)

Looking forward to the huey

I am not going anywhere, and will be ready to chuck my cash at you when it is ready :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

:music_whistling:Oct...Nov...Dec... music_whistling.gif

doh.gifDec 21 "just a joke"doh.gif

:(:mad:

I understand they're 'working on it' but I'm tired of the hype, the lack of updates, and the obvious lack of a release date. I'm beginning to think this is another Dodosim Huey debacle--still waiting for that one to be released; therefore I'm done with this, good luck...:furious:

I think it has something to do with DCSW 1.2.3. Some additional models and files are required to make the Huey MP compatible and I believe DCS World has to be updated for every module, 3rd party or ED. ED cannot give any info about their release of the patches, so the same goes for Belsimtek.

This is just a theory, nothing confirmed.

If it turns out otherwise then I have to agree with you. Belsimtek is very 'closed' about their product compared to other third party projects. Especially if you realise that DCS Huey is supposed to be almost finished, yet we haven't seen only a glimpse of anything but the exterior that we already have acces to.

The promise: 'release this year' still stands. But they'd better be realistic and/or honest.

So Belsimtek is a bit strange in their communication with the community but that can (hopefully) be explained by the DCSW 1.2.3 reason...

We'll see...

'Frett'

I think it has something to do with DCSW 1.2.3. Some additional models and files are required to make the Huey MP compatible and I believe DCS World has to be updated for every module, 3rd party or ED. ED cannot give any info about their release of the patches, so the same goes for Belsimtek.

I thought the same things... let's see :).

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

This is just a theory, nothing confirmed.

If it turns out otherwise then I have to agree with you. Belsimtek is very 'closed' about their product compared to other third party projects. Especially if you realise that DCS Huey is supposed to be almost finished, yet we haven't seen only a glimpse of anything but the exterior that we already have acces to.

The promise: 'release this year' still stands. But they'd better be realistic and/or honest.

So Belsimtek is a bit strange in their communication with the community but that can (hopefully) be explained by the DCSW 1.2.3 reason...

We'll see...

Yeah I agree, I'm getting a little frustrated myself at the lack of updates. It's not like it takes more than 5 minutes to sit down and just tell the public what you are working on at the moment, even if it would be just one small thing... That would mean a lot to many people. By the way, if you haven't seen this already, there is one picture of the UH-1's cockpit in the Russian manual. [not sure if this is outdated though]

v1CU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I agree, I'm getting a little frustrated myself at the lack of updates. It's not like it takes more than 5 minutes to sit down and just tell the public what you are working on at the moment, even if it would be just one small thing... That would mean a lot to many people. By the way, if you haven't seen this already, there is one picture of the UH-1's cockpit in the Russian manual. [not sure if this is outdated though]

v1CU

That's the biggest reason I'm so frustrated. If you announce a time frame then stick to it; if you're not 100% sure you can make the time frame--then don't give a time frame. How hard would it be to give us specifics and keep us updated on the time frame? As a former Marine I'm not known for my patience and my mentality has always been 'get it done--NOW'. We've all been patiently waiting since it was announced that it would be out by the end of the year; at this point there's not even a website to look at, so I doubt a release is gonna happen. This is a company that wants our money for a product, if it were freeware and being done in someone's spare time I could understand and I wouldn't have anything to say. If it does come out in the next four days I'll gladly admit that I was wrong and I'm being a complete jacka$$...I've had to do that before, lol.

We've all been patiently waiting since it was announced that it would be out by the end of the year
I believe there was a statement that a pre-purchase with access to beta was considered with beta release before the end of the year, not a final release in any case. That said, this project was announced just a couple of months ago ...
Edited by ALDEGA

I believe there was a statement that a pre-purchase with access to beta was considered with beta release before the end of the year, not a final release in any case. That said, this project was announced just a couple of months ago ...

Press Release

Announcing DCS: UH-1H Huey

DUXFORD, UK, October 7th, 2012 - The Fighter Collection and Belsimtek are proud to announce the upcoming release of DCS: UH-1H Huey - the next aircraft in the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) series of PC combat simulations. The Huey is one of the most iconic and well-known helicopters in the world. Having seen extensive service as a transport and armed combat support helicopter during the Vietnam War, the Huey continues to serve in both military and civilian roles in many countries around the globe today.

DCS: UH-1H Huey will feature the same exacting level of modelling detail as the existing Ka-50 Black Shark, A-10C Warthog and P-51D Mustang DCS aircraft and it will be online compatible with them. Working in close partnership with U.S. based UH-1 operators and experts, The Fighter Collection and Belsimtek have leveraged their unique skills and experience to provide the most dynamic and true to life helicopter experience available on the PC.

The UH-1H will be the first helicopter of conventional design featured in the DCS series and further demonstrates the broad scope of the DCS simulation environment and its ability to introduce a wide variety of aircraft from all eras into a common simulation platform. The UH-1H will also be the first DCS aircraft to offer multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner. Like previous DCS products, the UH-1H will include a variety of difficulty options to cater to users with different levels of flight simulation experience, including “Simulation” and “Game” playing modes.

DCS: UH-1H Huey will be available for pre-purchase later this year for $39.99.

This was posted October 9th, 2012...it's December 28th now. A beta is all I expected for Pre-Purchase. A working beta should have already been well taken care of at the point you would make this announcement. If the beta wasn't already able to be released by this time then this announcement should never have been posted in the first place.

... this announcement should never have been posted in the first place.
This is why there are so few announcements from ED and third parties. Everything is subject to change and the best laid plans don't always work out. As far as we know, it was their full intention to launch the pre-purchase before the end of the year, but it looks like it didn't work out.

If you don't make any announcements, people complain. If you do make announcements and things change, people complain. ;)