RIP Jim Mackonochie

Wags

A man doesn't die until there are people to remember him. Rest in peace Jim.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

R.I.P Jim.

I've been the lucky person who could met Jim at Brussels.

Jim asked my son (then he was 6 years) to fly the black shark, he did.

Yes indeed he really really loved the peoples and his passion.

You will be missed Jim..

Edited by Ross

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

51st have a good memory of Jim from a photography we saw him in. It was Jim whit a German squad from Lockon meeting on some sort of event in Germany. I believe our squad never had such a good laughter when we saw them in their fictional G-suits, It made hole our squad to burst in to laughter whit a question who was the only guy whit no G-suit on him. It turned out to be Jim.

RIP.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

• 1 month later...

May he find rest & peace in the world to come...!

My condolences to his family.

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

"High Flight"

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth

of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,

I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air....

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue

I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace.

Where never lark, or even eagle flew —

And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

- Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee

RIP Jim. Knowing that your finger prints are all over this genre so many of us find enjoyment in, will be your lasting legacy.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys,

On the 26th September it would have been Jim's 66th birthday.

I am setting up a memorial flight for that evening - 19:00GMT, 20:00BST, 21:00CET on the Virtual Aerobatics server.

I will post details closer to the time but would like to invite anyone that is interested in taking part.

We may be limited to 32 on the sever without lag but will give it a go.

Thanks,

Chris.

As the wind blows, way up high,

I soar like a bird into the sky.

As I spread my wings, in flight,

Do not cry, do not fight.

I am amongst the clouds, and rain and sun,

Where I belong, where I came from.

Remember me close, remember me near,

For true flying legends, are always here.

Just in addition to Ells' post above, Virtual Aerobatics is honoured to host this and we would encourage as many people as possible to sign up for this, I will also be looking to arrange for the event to be live streamed as well for those who cant fly or are unable to get in.

Pman

Indeed, we at Virtual Aerobatics are very grateful to be part of such a fitting tribute to Jim from the community that he loved so much. Chris will be taking the lead on this one, using the Virtual Aerobatics server as the base. We would love for as many of you as possible to take part in this special event, dedicated to the memory of someone very special to us all.

Rob.

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Grand idea.

While I likely won't join you, I will be sure to take the P-51 up that day, in the Dee skin, in his honor.

:thumbup::thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Please consider setting up some form of stream of the event. I'm flying to Russia around that time and might not have a DCS machine available, but would love to at least spectate in some fasion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester