Huey wish list

ebabil

If this started before sorry.

we can share our ideas that can be implemented to our Huey.

-active ai door gunners

-rain drops on glasses

-visible troops in chopper , loading unloading

-sling loads

-rope operations like special forces

-slick versions

-medevac version (visual medic operations/animations )

-coast guard versions (smilar visual actions as medevac)

+

Cargo Mirrors and a Bubble Door :p

CargoMirrors are pretty important when you have something on the Hook.

Maybe an easy feature to change the length of the rope?

:thumbup:

The multiplayer aspect of having others sit in the helo. You've already made a big step in allowing us to change seats. There are a few guys in my squadron who don't fly helos, but would have fun doing door gunner. The ai call outs would be good in the meantime. The ability to pick up downed pilots is a big request, and also the cargo loads. I know I'm mirroring the requests of others, but that's only because right now we really can't do much even though it's an awesome airframe.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but when using NVGs, it would be cool when you look over at the copilot and crew to see them actually wearing NVGs as well.

I agree, though perhaps my crew are better off not seeing the way I fly! :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The NAV lights seem excessively bright I "WISH" they could be less bright. I know this might only be personal preference but having the Huey lit up like a xmass tree in the dark is just not cricket!

Do you know on the overhead panel there is a switch for the brightness of the Nav light's?

You can set them to "Dim" or "Bright" :thumbup:

Do you know on the overhead panel there is a switch for the brightness of the Nav light's?

You can set them to "Dim" or "Bright" :thumbup:

Even on Dim, they are still pretty Bright.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Modeled UH-1 should have the NVG nav lights kit installed - you have the additional knob on the overhead panel to set their brightness for NVG flight, although in current beta it's not operational.

Not all of the Hueys in 80s and 90s received that kit -some were flying with normal lights, but modified - sprayed with paint, or taped over, to either reduce its brightness or reduce the angles from which those were visible (to not light up the interior of aircraft and blind its crew). Until 1997, when all aircraft such hastily modified had to meet FAA standards, and all paint and tapes were removed from the lights. Which wasn't the best idea, and only a month later an instruction was published how to modify Huey nav lights that would meet FAA standards, and not blind its crew - the lights were painted over to almost (1/8" below) half of their height.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

I always feel a little out of place in my Huey, because the weapons don't provide to much use in Coop missions in comparison to an A-10c. I'd therefore recomment to add some kind of target designator, be it a laser marker, or an IR beam that players in the A-10c can see, so that the Huey could at least mark targets to make it easier for the other pilots.

Multicrew also is a must have for me, but I read this is in development already.

Also: You can never have enough choise of weapons... ;)

I'd therefore recomment to add some kind of target designator, be it a laser marker, or an IR beam that players in the A-10c can see, so that the Huey could at least mark targets to make it easier for the other pilots.

You can load 2x19 Willie Pete rockets, right now, for marking targets.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd therefore recomment to add some kind of target designator, be it a laser marker, or an IR beam that players in the A-10c can see, so that the Huey could at least mark targets to make it easier for the other pilots.
AN/ASQ-132 IR illuminator:

6744072487_63c0078f62_b.jpg

Two of those were mounted on the M21 weapon system as part of the INFANT project - "Iroquois Night Fighter and Night Tracker", a night Huey gunship. Those were IR spotlights that would illuminate areas where the flex mounted miniguns were pointing.

UH-1M_INFANT.jpg

Edited by Sundowner.pl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Active AI door gunners, I think for me this is the only let down about the Huey game and I would rate it as the number one feature that should have been sorted for the beta release.

I think they are doing this back to front: an auto pilot so I can door gun?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

backround radio speaking noise would be good

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Last night was the first time I had my copilot and a gunner killed by enemy fire on hill 39, and I wished we could have an option to show a little blood. I was looking over to the left and thought "Hey, was that so boring you're taking a little nap ??"

I have 3 things on my wishlist:

• the ability to assign the flexible sight to a controller axis, so that i can make faster adjustments as pilot. ( i mean as copilot i can move the miniguns faster with the trackIR than I can as Pilot)

• I dont know, but it seems that every single random AK shot that hits me destroys the flexible sight..and that's a shame in my opinion...
    is this thing really that easy to disable?
    I guess it should be easier to injure the pilot when hitting the cockpit than hitting the sight...

• other players can't see where my searchlight is pointing...just takes away from the atmosphere when its dark and all the hueys have searchlights pointing to the ground where they can't even see the illuminated area

;):thumbup::smartass:

Hello,

My wish list ?

In fact other members are already wrote that I want, I version without weapons to the doors, no crew in the rear place.

One civil version without weapons for the Coast Guard (it's my dream)...

One version like this:

Some members are wrote:

For non-combat:

- internal Goodrich winch;

- GPS or INS for over-water operations.

-slick versions

-medevac version (visual medic operations/animations )

-coast guard versions (smilar visual actions as medevac)

- the possibility to remove the rear and front doors

And I think like them because this DCS Huey is very perfect and incredible but one civil version without a weapons, WOW it's a dream...

Best regards, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

I know it has already been said by many of my fellow forums members but, just so you know how bad we want it :

- Civilian version

- Expand the non-combat aspect.

Seriously, since Search And Rescue 4 there haven't been a single game that tackled that aspect of helo operations.

It was 10 years ago !

I'm not expecting to see fully animated stretcher teams but basic sling and hoist operation would be a must.

Not only they would be fun to play but they could just revolutionize the way we play DCS.

And, yeah, all the other stuff too :

- AI door gunners

- Smaller A/P and weapons overlay

- Winning lotery numbers dispenser

- etc

;)