Monthly Newsletter Updates Discussion

SkateZilla

Not sure if this was covered. But what is EOS code?

Electro Optic Systems?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering why the update discussions has been merged together and placed in the 'Chit-Chat' area (= 'what relates but does not belong')? Somehow gives the impression that community reactions to news updates are rather unimportant and perhaps unwanted. Honestly don't think this is the intention or the best way of doing it.

Suggestion: make an 'Official Updates Discussions' Subforum in the News section, right between the 'Offical Updates' and 'Community News' sections. Restrict topic creation to mods there. In addition to his Friday Updates, Wags could start a discussions thread there, quoting the News Update and linking to it. Same way Wags could include a link to the discussion thread at the end of the news update. It's successfully done in a very similar way on other forums.

Just my 2c!

MAC

I am very interested in hearing more details about the missile changes for the R-77 and ET, would someone be able to go in to more detail on what exactly is changed or if someone has a link for more detailed explanation?

R-27ET: Decreased rear hemisphere DLZ.

R-73: Corrected mass and thrust.

R-77: Corrected time, fuel flow and thrust.

SA-8 Osa: Increased range at low altitude from 6 to 8 km.

Corrected the lock on range of IR missiles.

For "corrected the lock on range of IR missiles", has the range been lowered or raised? Right now I am lucky to get launch authorization on an ET at Rtr.

Edited by Night

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

Just wondering why the update discussions has been merged together and placed in the 'Chit-Chat' area (= 'what relates but does not belong')? Somehow gives the impression that community reactions to news updates are rather unimportant and perhaps unwanted. Honestly don't think this is the intention or the best way of doing it.

Suggestion: make an 'Official Updates Discussions' Subforum in the News section, right between the 'Offical Updates' and 'Community News' sections. Restrict topic creation to mods there. In addition to his Friday Updates, Wags could start a discussions thread there, quoting the News Update and linking to it. Same way Wags could include a link to the discussion thread at the end of the news update. It's successfully done in a very similar way on other forums.

Just my 2c!

MAC

Today was the last weekly updates so not needed (even though I'm of the opinion it wasn't anyways).

Electro Optic Systems?

Thanks? :)

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Today was the last week update? gone bad that are eliminated by the low interest / dissatisfactions from a part of the community?

First sentence from today's update....

This will be the last of the weekly updates. Future news will be through our monthly news letter that will be cross-posted here.

New ambient sound system (sea, shallow water, fields, wind, g-breath effect).

Wind + turbulence sound depends on mission weather parameters.

New wingtip vortices, new touchdown smoke.

F-15C: Fixed altitude hold when air to air refueling.

AWACS: Decreased the answer pause between picture requests.

The engines will start after repair.

These are probably the most exciting to me.

But I'm a bit confused on this fix:

A-10C. SAS and EAC switches fixed.

What was wrong with them before?

It's a shame that the heaters always wrecking all the fun. A shame, we look forward to monthly updates.

I doubt the "heaters" were the reason.

There's simply much more to tell on a monthly basis than on a weekly.

"Hey, we edited 215 lines of code this week" is simply more cheesy than a 3 pages long changelist, new model-pictures and stuff like that. But you simply can't deliver these goodies on a weekly basis.

I still hope we see updates on an irregular basis, like when milestones are reached, new models are ready or stuff like that. It's just the friday-regularity that was ended. We'll see how they will handle it from now on.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

First sentence from today's update....

Oh, missed that piece of information. Entirely disagree with you that the updates weren't needed (consequently should not be missed in the future). Active community interaction is the living heartbeat of game development. Seems like a step backwards to me.

:(

MAC

I agree with Macademic.

And the first sentence wasn't from the start there because I copied the entire Wags post when he posted and place it on our squad forum in updates section and that quote doesn't have that phrase.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It says in MIG-29 manual that you need to hold the lock button in vertical scan until the target is locked, when target is locked the lock button can be realised.

The vertical scan in FC3 will keeps its effectiveness If it is intended to be like it say in the MIG-29 manul. I hope we will not have to realise the button to get a lock, that will be wrong!!!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1853128&postcount=763

Many thanks.

Nate

Seems there is evidence to the contrary on the russian forums...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

All Aircraft had it IIRC, you just needed to delete your old Keyboard.lua.

Nate

You are wrong on this Nate, the only way to bring the briefing screen on FC aircrafts is by copy and pasting the line that does the trik from the DCS aircraft keyboard lua.

PS I did what you said before i dive into .lua hacking :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

It says in MIG-29 manual that you need to hold the lock button in vertical scan until the target is locked, when target is locked the lock button can be realised.

The vertical scan in FC3 will keeps its effectiveness If it is intended to be like it say in the MIG-29 manul. I hope we will not have to realise the button to get a lock, that will be wrong!!!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1853128&postcount=763

Its full automatic, you dont have to hold the lock button in vertical scan mode. That "manual" is false.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are wrong on this Nate, the only way to bring the briefing screen on FC aircrafts is by copy and pasting the line that does the trik from the DCS aircraft keyboard lua.

PS I did what you said before i dive into .lua hacking :smilewink:

I stand corrected.

Nate