DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

Hi all,

I will say over and over again is an F-18 variants and F-16 variants and after that start here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1475896&postcount=688

Crack the wip on that, with maybe using these tools with Orbx or REX or even

modeling Air Craft like this watch

using Crysis engine (CryEngine) amazing, Ha

Watch this ..... REAL VS CRYENGINE

Also these

http://youtu.be/hgw9DlIK8DY?hd=1

Cryengine 3 Tutorial Series part 1: Introduction and download

http://youtu.be/w4TCXTqpQ2Y?hd=1

Now imagine implementing modeling with soft body physics with realistic over-g effects on aircraft parts, bended gears on rough landings, planes crashing to the ground, ship missile damage nothing scripted or animated, realism at its ultimate and this looks to be the most realistic physics engine so far just further improving om what is but on carriers ops explosions on current DCS products as a suggestion

WOW that will win "Hearts and Minds"..... LoL wink.gif

Edited by WRAITH
DCS Future

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

A rather simple (I'm guessing) feature that I would like to see (actually the extension of one already there) is the up-and-down tilting of the pilot's head in relation to the view. Presently the pilot's head turns left and right, but not up and down. I feel it would add a lot to the multiplayer immersion, especially on the ground (and you could also shake your head for no and nod for yes, radio-silent flying here we come ! :D), for what I would guess is a small cost (extending the current animation shouldn't be too hard or time-consuming, I'm guessing - no need for 6DOF movement support).

Also would be nice for screenies :)

This doesnt make sense considering you cant ask questions without speaking unless in text which would be rough. You could be waiting for minutes looking for a head nod. Of course theres no way to do hand signals either. So it seems a little pointless. Just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Searched the posts but didn't find this suggestion so I'll add it.

In the Logbook I would like to see the pilot image match the plane tab. So when I'm looking at the A-10 I have my A-10 pilot image. When looking at the Su-25 or BlackShark I have my Russian pilot image and when looking at the P-51 I have my WW2 Pilot image.

Tie the image to the tab so it stays in context.

Lots of other good posts with good ideas but hopefully this is an easy one to implement.

Thanks.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I don't know why I want to fly it, but I just do. I think it would be really fun. It's kinda cute, like a Zooey Deschendal of the sky. :)

800px-JAS_Gripen.jpg

800px-Gripen_ag1.jpg

800px-2006JASGripen3JM.jpg

Small, fast, multirole. The NG variant has an F414 in it, so we're looking at a 1.15 T/Wr in an air-to-air configuration. AIM-120, AIM-9, IRIS-T, Maverick, KEPD, RBS-15, GBU-12, Mark 82, Hydra compatibility. That is BVR, WVR, ground attack, precision strike, anti-shipping, cruise-missiling, and bomb dropping of both the retarded and smart varieties. No shortage of variety and fun!

Edited by Zakatak

DCS: Combined Arms 2 should include being able to link up with and stream the view from aircraft's targeting pod. This could include a drone and possibly include taking control of it and lasing targets for aircraft.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Default skin selection for pilot settings

I see there have been a lot of skin wishes her for many years in this thread. And some of them have been delivered, which is great! But now that ED with DCS World have linked all different modules together in one environment there must be room for one more wish! I wish there was a way to set my default skin for the aircrafts I fly. That be the P-51D or the A-10C or the Ka-50 for that matter. There should be a possibility to load the skins you want in the Liveries folder and then on your Pilot settings select the skins you want as default for both single player and multiplayer. It should be easy to implement some variable on user settings that in a section for P-51D say “default skin=Old Crow” and if the default skin is not set it uses the mission designers skin.

(HJ) :)

• Like 1

Agree! That was a nice feature we had back in the days with LO!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I don't know if it was mentioned before..

Runway damage. craters made by bombing for example.

And making the AI to notice the runway is damaged

We already have that. Though certain type of bombs, or better said submunitions the damage to the runway is not visible.

You will notice it though when you taxi over it.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

A terribly difficult feature request but still..

I know I'm asking for a world of hurt by requesting this, but one feature I've always found amazing more than any other graphical improvement is post procesing support. Computer graphics have always looked computerish, no matter how much the hardware improves. One game that really stood out from this was Steel Battalion on the XBox.

Some people who had copies knew if you plugged a second controller in you could control the post processing and see all of the effects that the game could do. Given the entire game was designed to look like you were looking through a cheap security monitor but still, it created a very uniform effect even on hardware as low as the xbox that was very impressive.

Being able to see how the same mission changed completely just by changing the post processing was amazing...going from a dark cloudy and gritty day to a golden sunny effect really made things more believable.

I think it would be nice, over say, HDR or anything else, to have a few video overlay options to give the game different effects, whether gritty, or smooth, because they really change how a game feels.

steelbattalion_587.jpg

10978-pic014_super.jpg

SteelBattalion_01.jpg

Nice idea mate, but haven't you noticed yet, that DCS already needs high performance systems to look like it does. So adding further graphic-fx could maybe stop your whole sys! ;)

And to be honest: To push the idea of CA further, we'd first need a much higher number of (collidable) 3D Objects on the ground WITHOUT dropping the sim to 0fps. Unfortunately the size of the theatre(s) puts all these eye-candy gfx far away from us I'm afraid.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well...

Actually I have to disagree with your assessment of needing a large amount of graphical power. Post processing works on changing the final image you see after the 3d has been rendered by the engine. It doesn't require more objects or more terrain detail, HDR or more collidable objects. The only thing it does do is run the final image you see through a few shaders to give effects like noise or bloom.

What it does need is someone to sit down and write a few plugins to see how much CPU power they would require, the bonus of post processing is that since it exists on top of the engine, as a separate step, it can be completely disabled for those who lack computer power and thus doesn't prevent anyone with slow machines from enjoying the game. They did it on the xbox 10 years ago, so you can't tell me computers today can't hack it.

Especially with people sporting quad core CPU's and ridiculously powerful graphics cards, there is no reason this shouldn't be implemented.

You got me wrong: We NEED more 3D Objects, to make the sim look like it needs to, to operate human controlled infantry units on it. That, of course, has nothing to do with your suggestion. Just wanted to point out, that if things go that way, our hardware will be at its limits again.

On the other hand: As you said, as an optional feature it would be welcome...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ahh

Yeah, sorry for the miscommunication on that.

When I think of improving graphics for sims, I used to think in terms of polygons or textures, but I think its best to examine the entire picture as a whole. The key to making a picture look 'alive', as in unique, is to keep the graphics from looking the same one frame to the next.

The people over at Hard Light (if you've ever played Freespace 2) implemented post processing two years ago, you can see a dramatic improvement in the visuals between these two videos:

Without post processing:

With post processing:

The key thing is that because the lighting effects from post processing make the screen 'flicker' like a candle and add bloom over explosions, the primitives that are clearly out of date and boring in the first video look nothing like the almost movie-like effects from the second. The only difference between the two is that post processing is active in the second.

I realize these videos are from a space sim, so the graphics for aircraft/daytime playing will look quite different from the dark shadowy feel of space. Still, it would be awesome to see that nice warm glow over everything.

I think the key idea here is that the authors(if that's you) could implement post processing without having to redo major engine features, change models, or update terrain. You should be able to get a much better looking game using what you already have available.

By the way, all of the Freespace Open source code is available for free. If the authors want, I will BUY them a copy of freespace 1 and 2 so they can see the difference post processing makes.

• 3 weeks later...

Accurately Enhanced FX

Better Sounds & Explosions + well timed Impact shake Animations

+ better G force pilot motion + more realistic camera view with a wider angle..not so zoomed?

Basically we want the real adrenaline experience without joining flight academy

that's the only feature we wish for this Christmas or in general :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is it a great wish to have the airbase illumination work at night? Please. Kinda sux that they were there in Ka-50/FC2 (like in Min.Vody) and it was such pain discovering that it won't work at night - we hoped "too bad, oh, well, lets wait FC3" - and still no sign of light in DCS:World :(

I cry for night ops!

Edited by 59th_LeFty

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass: