Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Glad to be of help, and to dispel odd thoughts 😉

Oh and, worth mentioning remaining stuff from current modules too, like 2 more tomcat variants, an actual AI A-6, AI Draken, etc :))

Edited by WinterH
  • Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On 7/9/2022 at 2:56 PM, WinterH said:

Glad to be of help, and to dispel odd thoughts 😉

Oh and, worth mentioning remaining stuff from current modules too, like 2 more tomcat variants, an actual AI A-6, AI Draken, etc :))

2? I knew about the GR-95 (?) with ALR-45 (was it that?)

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman

2 hours ago, Bananabrai said:

2? I knew about the GR-95 (?) with ALR-45 (was it that?)

The second is 135 early. We have 135 later one now.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 7/11/2022 at 11:15 AM, draconus said:

The second is 135 early. We have 135 later one now.

Actually the second is the 135 early only.

The 95GR is basically only what we call the IRIAF variant, which will be the 135 early minus weapons, TCS, etc. plus IRIAF liveries.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:19 PM, TLTeo said:

Yeah iirc the datalink shares some common features and as a result the documentation for a lot of stuff is classified (even if the implementation of the datalink itself wouldn't be a big deal in DCS for obvious reasons).

Correct. Currently not possible. Not that it wouldnt be a wish of ours to do it.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 7/12/2022 at 3:25 PM, ShadowFrost said:

Obviously its going to be this. 

Saab JAS 39 Gripen - Wikipedia

Just may have to wait ~10 years 

Oh my God if that were the case I would be so excited. It would be hard to figure out which plane I would want to fly, the eurofighter or gripen.

• Like 1

Specs: i7-11700k, RTX 3070 Ti, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD

Squadron:

Capture.PNG

Gripen C could also be a possibility, seeing as it's soon replaced by the Gripen E. Likely won't be several years before HB make their next aircraft anyway. 
It's not being replaced. Five countries use the C and are likely to continue doing so.

Even Sweden will keep up to 60 C/D while adding another 60 E.

Only Brazil, the sixth country, will solely operate the E.

I'd wager the C will soldier on in Sweden until the next generation aircraft is taken into service in 2035 or later. Probably later, eh?

56 minutes ago, Zahnatom said:

obviously the eurofighter 😄

Both are very good at what they do, not to mention total eye candy. Although, I'm a bit of a canard slut so it doesn't take much for me 😛

• Like 1

Specs: i7-11700k, RTX 3070 Ti, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD

Squadron:

Capture.PNG

Continue the collaboration with True Grit…

… HB two-seater + variable geometry experience…

Plus TG European aircraft / systems and German pilot contacts / experience…

”Tonka Dream Team”

• Like 1

Anyone ever circled back to the very, very first post in this thread?

That is right, a then young Farlander, is now, 7 years later, working for us and a full blown Heatblur dev. And we couldn't be more happy about it.

Some things don't just age well, but brilliantly. 🙂

• Like 9

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

5 minutes ago, IronMike said:

OMG, the next one is MiG-25?!

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

46 minutes ago, IronMike said:

That is right, a then young Farlander, is now, 7 years later, working for us and a full blown Heatblur dev. And we couldn't be more happy about it.

Some things don't just age well, but brilliantly. 🙂

Oh...

Now you have to reply to this again and clear everything up before it hits all the headlines...

...or just pretend you are not doing MiG-25BM next.

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Mig 31 never had a chance, if that was doable, then, at least the Su-30 would have been. I believe the Mig 31 is too secretive and still in service. 

The Mig 25; day one purchase. Eagerly waiting. I guess this one would take 2024 late or 25 for it to be a reality.

The first post, the choice was between Mig 25 and 31. Mig 31 never had possibility; too secretive. A Mig 27 or Su-30 could have been the choice in place of the Mig 31. Either way, Mig 25 is good indeed.

Edited by jojyrocks

Uh, we're not doing a MiG-25 guys... Not saying it wouldn't be cool, but I think we have our hands full for the foreseeable future. My comment was not even remotely about that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Heatblur Simulations

7 hours ago, IronMike said:

Uh, we're not doing a MiG-25 guys... Not saying it wouldn't be cool, but I think we have our hands full for the foreseeable future. My comment was not even remotely about that.

I thank you for this comment made in time. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

8 hours ago, IronMike said:

Oh well...thanks for clearing that up. It was too unbelievable anyway, a former USSR era fastest secretive plane. Hard to get solid data on.

I am already very eager for the release of the most iconic F4 Phantom. 😁

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like ED is going to be unable to make a FF MiG-29 9.12 due to the current geopolitical situation so maybe Heatblur and TrueGrit could make a FF German MiG-29 (both the non-upgraded and upgraded models) thanks to their connections with the Luftwaffe.

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

On 8/31/2022 at 10:18 AM, DSplayer said:

due to the current geopolitical situation

You mean...[pissy comment removed]...Why not just say so?

A change of tack from me, returning a type I've not fanboi'd since Il-2 days:

G-OMHD-Canberra-0889.jpg

Here's lookin' at you, kid!

She had a huge number of operators, roles, years in service...it's got a lot going for it. Heaps of personality, so naturally no other developer but HB could do it justice 🙂 

Edited by Tonker
Senses regained

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

Il 31/8/2022 at 11:18, DSplayer ha scritto:

Looks like ED is going to be unable to make a FF MiG-29 9.12 due to the current geopolitical situation so maybe Heatblur and TrueGrit could make a FF German MiG-29 (both the non-upgraded and upgraded models) thanks to their connections with the Luftwaffe.

Really? so disappointed to hear that.

Do you have any source pls?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

Really? so disappointed to hear that.

Do you have any source pls?

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

On 9/3/2022 at 9:25 PM, Tonker said:

G-OMHD-Canberra-0889.jpg

This totally triggers my OCD - Fix the #### cockpit! It is so wrong it hurts my brain!

• Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

On 9/12/2022 at 9:18 AM, Bozon said:

This totally triggers my OCD - Fix the #### cockpit! It is so wrong it hurts my brain!

🤣 Agreed! Other options exist, shown off in a lovely 3/4 shot:

English_Electric_Canberra_B-57_Prototype

For more sectional and profile views, how about these courtesy of the RAAF in Vietnam trim:

QUS_8.jpg

Canberra_B20_2_Sqn_RAAF_over_Vietnam_197

Better?

🙂

Edited by Tonker

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly: