2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

• ED Team
hi nineline, please, could you let us know if the caucasus will get again another refresh/update - regarding textures, trees, onlays and so on?

No plans currently as Caucasus has been redone recently.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

just updating the left over/relict airfields from lock on era would have a massive impact and will be a huge improvement! in comparison with upcoming maps and the 3 or 4 already redone/new airbases in caucasus, the remaining look more than outdated. . . please discuss it in the team. that would be great.

Edited by flanker1

Just wanted to say...

With both recent newsletters, it sure looks like a wonderful year for the DCS!

I am the DCS Hornet owner, I will be getting Supercarrier day 1 of pre-order, no matter my discount anyway.

I am hyped for both Marianas and Channel maps and will be ground-pounding on both on them with my Hornet and later Warthog 2, probably the new CAP units first before Scud, trucks, tank, and other units are ready...

If you think what ED's mission is, I see that they are getting close to great success.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

just updating the left over/relict airfields from lock on era would have a massive impact and will be a huge improvement! in comparison with upcoming maps and the 3 or 4 already redone/new airbases in caucasus, the remaining look more than outdated. . . please discuss it in the team. that would be great.

You obviously haven’t actually looked at a screenshot of Lock-On’s airbases for a long time, or you wouldn’t be saying that the current bases are at all like them.

Cheers.

You obviously haven’t actually looked at a screenshot of Lock-On’s airbases for a long time, or you wouldn’t be saying that the current bases are at all like them.

really? tell me the difference to dcs . . . with ground plates/ tarmac bigger than a fighter bomber? no infrastructure? all the same shelters and towers from lock on? ok, they received "new" textures. . . but we need soviet era/russian style ones. evey airbase should finally get its specific draw, onlays, buildings and infrastructure. . .

ahh, i am using dcs on a daily base and own all modules, to make it clear. i am a first day fanboy beginning with the very first piece of the flanker-series. . .

Edited by flanker1

• ED Team
Any idea of what ED plans to improve in the Mission Editor and when will be added? Tought it will be announced this week, but has not been the case.

Hi

Thanks for the PM, the team are constantly working on the mission editor, as part of the core of DCS it is a focus of the team, as new features are added we will announce it either in the newsletter or during change logs.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

really? tell me the difference to dcs . . . with ground plates/ tarmac bigger than a fighter bomber? no infrastructure? all the same shelters and towers from lock on? ok, they received "new" textures. . . but we need soviet era/russian style ones. evey airbase should finally get its specific draw, onlays, buildings and infrastructure. . .

ahh, i am using dcs on a daily base and own all modules, to make it clear. i am a first day fanboy beginning with the very first piece of the flanker-series. . .

If your DCS airbases look like this, you need to turn your graphics up

screen14_large.jpg

screen15_large.jpg

screen2_large.jpg

Cheers.

If your DCS airbases look like this, you need to turn your graphics up

You're not really disproving his point there… :huh:

Those are indeed the same copy-pasted structures and sporadic and decorations we see in the current Caucasus map. It has nothing to do with graphics settings — it's what's built into the map.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Discounts dont stack, so the Hornet Owner Discount will come after release. Will not be available during pre-order/Early Access.

Then you guys should really clarify the 18 owner's discount when opening up the presale. It should be as high as 30% as well or less (I was expecting 20-25% anyway, so 30% presale discount is very decent) not to get some torches and pitchforks action and thereby lots of moderation work over here. So just having a general 20-30% off (not stacked with other temporary discounts) for Hornet owners after the presale is probably the best way to go and what will actually come.

Yes I know it is a different area, but c'mon.... it is the same two countries......

Wait I wanna go a further up north or south ? Gotta load another map

Think in long terms. ED actually has plans for one big global map that contains more detailled areas - which most probably will be the maps we'd have until then. So you'd be able to fly from Omaha Beach to Calais or Dover for instance.

You can line up behind me on all those requests smile.gif

I'd so much like to have the 410, especially since that other sim with the truckload of a planeset didn't even have it...

Hey ED,

Great report...Coming around turn 2 in 2020 DCS is extending the gap to the closest competitor....

They will never catch-up!

There's a competitor? icon_redface.gif

Well I guess most people have "that other sim" anyway as well, since we're in such a niche market. At least that one won't prevent me from getting further WWII modules for DCS, even though I spend very little time with them which might change once the DM will be here and the whole thing gets more complete. I can just speak for myself, but I really like to support ED as well as the other guys just to have a few good sims at all. And I still can afford that even without having a decent income. By the way, I spend most time flying in DCS for about 2 years now. And it keeps getting better - 2020 seems to become a very good DCS year.

...but it still makes it look like the promised discount for Hornet owners will, in real terms, not be delivered, as non-Hornet owners will be able to buy the module for exactly the same price.

Why would a Hornet owner wait until after early-access to buy it, just to get the same discount?

Well, they already did one step and increase the presale discount from the usual 20% to 30%. And probably noone who really is keen on getting the carrier module will wait until whatsoever to get it, but there's always some guys who might not be able to afford getting a module right away and others who want to wait and see the things being released before throwing cash in the pot or even wait until it's fleshed out with some patches after release. All those wouldn't necessarily have to wait for another sale to get a discount at all if they have the Hornet already. And let's dont forget the simmers yet to come.

And to view this from a different perspective: Who'd be going to buy the carrier module without having the Hornet anyway? I dare to guess that most Tomcat owners also have the Hornet... and if someone doesn't have either, there'd be no point in getting the carrier module before having one of those planes anyway.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

He said “all the same structures”.

They’re not the same structures, they’ve all been updated.

Yes, the shelters are in the same place — so are the runways.

- because they were placed to copy actual places. You want them to move them so it feels fresh ???

Cheers.

Hi

Thanks for the PM, the team are constantly working on the mission editor, as part of the core of DCS it is a focus of the team, as new features are added we will announce it either in the newsletter or during change logs.

thanks

Thanks for the info.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

As everyone already said, great job on the recent news. Super excited about the future of DCS!

One item that was mentioned before (perhaps by Matt) that I didn't see in the newsletter - Any plans to further enhance the smoke / explosion / particle effects in DCS?

Thanks,

Wauw!!!!! ED you’re the best, 30 percent of supercarrier and an additional 20 percent for the hornet owners!! Glad to have everything and stick with it! Bis, bis, bis! :D :D :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

How about steam users?why the pre-order is only available on ED shop?

通过我的 ONEPLUS A5010 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Bought on the fly!!! Can’t wait! :D :D :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Wauw!!!!! ED you’re the best, 30 percent of supercarrier and an additional 20 percent for the hornet owners!! Glad to have everything and stick with it! Bis, bis, bis! :D :D :D

You forgot the ED Miles on top of the 30%+20% ... :smilewink:

I was not interested in this module, but because it's cheap with all that discounts and the only way to get the Kuznetsov....bought :music_whistling:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Couldn't agree more with the what's already been said about the pricing.

I wasn't planning on jumping on this right away as I plan to spend most of my jet time in the F-16. But as a Tomcat and Hornet owner, I can't pass up the carrier for $25 bucks. Sold! Good decision, I think you will move a lot of units for people who were on the fence like I was.

How about steam users?why the pre-order is only available on ED shop?

通过我的 ONEPLUS A5010 上的 Tapatalk发言

I really think ED needs to clarify this. Will the Steam users any kind of discount for purchase the Hornet on Steam, or they even get the possibility to preorder the EA of the supercarrier...?

@NineLine please could you add some light to this?

Thanks