DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

They aren't missiles, I've already seen people streaming with bombs on their wings.

Exactly! Mavs are not available yet.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't missiles, I've already seen people streaming with bombs on their wings.
Correct. My bad

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Patch is live please be gentle with the servers

Download rates are 1990es-ish. Even with that utterly useless torrent thingy. I keep wondering what that sillyness was invented for if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, speed up the rates by meshing over multiple clients seeding each other. I've got a fully firewalled upload, but less than a thenth of that as download.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Anyone having this issue? Servers not seen in DCS since last update. Everything looks good as far as ports etc; nothing changed since update. GUI shows all 3 servers running but they are not seen in MP server list in DCS.

Thoughts?

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Download rates are 1990es-ish. Even with that utterly useless torrent thingy. I keep wondering what that sillyness was invented for if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, speed up the rates by meshing over multiple clients seeding each other. I've got a fully firewalled upload, but less than a thenth of that as download.

You can always press cancel and switch to direct server http download and see how that works out for you.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

No external lights working on the F16??

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

00001.905 ERROR: Servers are unable to complete your request. Please, try again later.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Known issue

Cheers man...yes I just read that. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

A true replay solution would case a lot of other issues. It would cost a lot of performance during recording (meaning during gameplay) and it would also cause huge file sizes for each replay.

Depending on what your idea of a "replay" is. Starcraft 2 replays are quite advanced, replaying CPU instructions mainly AFAIK, they're not videos, small file size, ability to rewind.

The mood at the time was, as explained by the devs at Blizzcon, not an easy programming job.

PS: The Patch Changelog thread was being viewed by 726 people at one point, I think it was more than that as it was tapering down as in the next refresh second later it was 600 and 500 already, so I missed the peak, a couple of minutes before it was going steaduly up from 280 to 300 ... then I got caught up by something else, but the forums were half broken, so some requests timed out, well done Viper!

And it just happened that my Print Screen key didn't register or I hit the wrong key when that 726 number happened.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I've tried force updating a few times now, only to get the message that "the installed version 2.5.5.35461 is up to date"

Also tried Skate's update/repair tool but to no avail.

Then you probably don't have the Open Beta, but the Stable version, which is still up to date on .35461: http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've just completed an albeit not perfect, AAR mission and landed safely at OMAM, but having saved the track and replayed it, the boom on the KC135 doesn't get deployed and my F16 then proceeds to crash into the tanker.

I did save the track and can send it if needed, zipped as it's too big to be attached as is, but i can't see how it will help much when there is no other way of seeing the original flight.

You will have to trust me that the actual mission ended in a safe landing and not as the track might have you believe.

Edit: it looks like the boom might not have dropped because i was using VoiceAttack to set the radio frequency and handle the comms. Even though i wouldn't have expected that to cause the two aircraft to crash into each other, when they didn't in the actual flight, as my track is somewhat tainted by the earlier inconsistency it is probably going to be of even less use than i had initially stated.

Edited by Greyman

I haven’t really messed around with it to see but ... if you show your event log that shows you taking off, tanking, and then landing safely and the track file shows something else then it would be safe to say they could use that for the bug reporting correct? Is the trackfile number embedded in the event log of the mission so that you could see event log and the track are from the same flight? #BIGNEWEY

• ED Team

Hi all,

The team is planning for a Friday update, if all goes well.

Thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all,

The team is planning for a Friday update, if all goes well.

Thank you.

*fingers crossed* :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Excellent news!

Don't suppose there's a chance to get some patchnotes on what's guaranteed to be in fridays' patch? *puppy-eyes*

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

• ED Team
Excellent news!

Don't suppose there's a chance to get some patchnotes on what's guaranteed to be in fridays' patch? *puppy-eyes*

No sorry, we wont have a finial list for the patch until patch day. Team is working hard so lots changing quickly.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2