DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

God I hope they don't close this thread any time soon, with all that's been going on in the world its a real entertaining read, Its like watching a pack of seagulls fight over the last chip. So they made a date for release of a BETA and things didn't go to plan, BUGGER!

Sounds like there are a few people around that should get in game and shoot each other down. Please someone put up a server called " SUPER CARRIER BLUES " and live stream it somewhere. Be good to watch.

Awesome! :megalol:

Hi draconus, thanks. Yeah I knew the end of May was the revised deadline; I was just pointing out that information isn't always easy to find, especially for newcomers to the forum.
That is the problem. People see something vaguely resembling a date and suddenly "the new Release is announced".

As nobody seems to be able to guarantee we don't have a similar last minute bug popping up or the fix not turning out as expected.

Kate said:

(...)"So until the end of May you should hear sth about Supercarrier - either release or delay."(...)

so basically we have a promise to update us on the status until end of May and the hope to have it fixed until then, agreed?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

By the way so much for "who is asking the developers to post updates here".

The problem is people keep talking out of their ass and answering questions meant for the developers!
The devs are actually working on the stuff. That's why NineLine and Bignewy try to answer questions from the community and keep us informed.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Kate said:

(...)"So until the end of May you should hear sth about Supercarrier - either release or delay."(...)

No, it were my words - but contain info from Kate's announcement.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

That is the problem. People see something vaguely resembling a date and suddenly "the new Release is announced".

As nobody seems to be able to guarantee we don't have a similar last minute bug popping up or the fix not turning out as expected.

Kate said:

so basically we have a promise to update us on the status until end of May and the hope to have it fixed until then, agreed?

So you've gone from "the information's out there" to "what information do you expect to be given?".

Take a look at this sub-forum and you'll find a post from Wags saying the SC has been delayed to 15th of April, and that's it. So forget the end of May, if you came here looking for answers you wouldn't even know that April date's been missed too.

You've got no issue with how ED are handling things, that's fine, but many people do. Stop trying to tell people their opinion is wrong.

• ED Team

Hi all,

Progress is being made by the team on our internal builds, some of the code for how objects interact with the deck had to be redone.

As soon as we do have a date we will let you all know, we are planning for sometime in May.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So you've gone from "the information's out there" to "what information do you expect to be given?".

Take a look at this sub-forum and you'll find a post from Wags saying the SC has been delayed to 15th of April, and that's it. So forget the end of May, if you came here looking for answers you wouldn't even know that April date's been missed too.

You've got no issue with how ED are handling things, that's fine, but many people do. Stop trying to tell people their opinion is wrong.

Oh I am fine with opinion, but I may have overlooked the "in my opinion" part in your posts (though I didn't go and review all of them). To me it looked a lot like demands for infos and a firm release date and orders where to put them...

I am not happy with the delay of the SC and I am pretty sure anybody at ED is not happy, either.

NineLine and Bignewy try to relay any reliable information to us and keep us updated and Kate and Wags took some time to update us here on the forum.

Fine with me.

Shagrat

Oh I am fine with opinion, but I may have overlooked the "in my opinion" part in your posts (though I didn't go and review all of them). To me it looked a lot like demands for infos and a firm release date and orders where to put them...

I am not happy with the delay of the SC and I am pretty sure anybody at ED is not happy, either.

NineLine and Bignewy try to relay any reliable information to us and keep us updated and Kate and Wags took some time to update us here on the forum.

Fine with me.

Please take more time to read what people are saying. Our discussion started when you took 'better communication' to mean more information. At no point did I insist on more information.

My gripe isn't that information isn't it there, it's that it's difficult to find. Part of that is opinion yes, but backed up by examples of information scattered all over the place.

Edited by Flamin_Squirrel
typo

God I hope they don't close this thread any time soon, with all that's been going on in the world its a real entertaining read, Its like watching a pack of seagulls fight over the last chip. So they made a date for release of a BETA and things didn't go to plan, BUGGER!

Sounds like there are a few people around that should get in game and shoot each other down. Please someone put up a server called " SUPER CARRIER BLUES " and live stream it somewhere. Be good to watch.

I agree, this thread needs to stay, talk about trying to out chav each other over a module for a game. The hand wringing and poor me posts are hilarious.

I hate to think what some of you are like if something actually bad happens to you.

Before anyone tells me off for not agreeing, I think you have been very bad ED and you should go stand in the naughty corner for not providing a play by play commentary.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Any chance we can get the office building ED uses placed in the Caucasus map? I have a server idea.....The White Knights for the Defense of ED vs those whinny complaining non-patient children......I mean seriously, let's move the discussion from the forums to the game. What could go wrong? If not, anyone want to mod the static warehouses with ED's logo on the roof?

Any chance we can get the office building ED uses placed in the Caucasus map? I have a server idea.....The White Knights for the Defense of ED vs those whinny complaining non-patient children......I mean seriously, let's move the discussion from the forums to the game. What could go wrong? If not, anyone want to mod the static warehouses with ED's logo on the roof?

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

:megalol: :pilotfly:

Shagrat

I agree, this thread needs to stay, talk about trying to out chav each other over a module for a game. The hand wringing and poor me posts are hilarious.

I hate to think what some of you are like if something actually bad happens to you.

Before anyone tells me off for not agreeing, I think you have been very bad ED and you should go stand in the naughty corner for not providing a play by play commentary.

You are right. Obviously stuff like this does not happen in the real world. It's just a hobby/simulation for god sakes! Professionals have deadlines and expectations from their customers/bosses. I know that I do at least. It's just not like that in the make-believe world of games.

I hope everyone is staying safe, working from home is tough.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I drew the first blood by blowing up 4 of ED's private yachts (off Abu Dhabi's shore) months ago.

My knights can't go online yet and... 1 of them is 'Green" (well... was)

I drew the first blood by blowing up 4 of ED's private yachts (off Abu Dhabi's shore) months ago.

My knights can't go online yet and... 1 of them is 'Green" (well... was)

Well, I have heard reports that GlowingAMRAAM was located in a bunker, north of Tiblisi. A strike at this location could cripple ED's SC PR Campai.............I can't I love his videos too much. We may have to settle for a strike against the Cat in the Hat (I'm horrible I know), just can't promise a location at this time.

We may have to move this strike discussion to a more secure location. I have seen deletions of OFF TOPIC posts increase in recent days.

Sorry guys, just trying to break the argument with a slight bit of stupid humor.

Edited by TheGuardian

when will be released ? i was buy it since 3 monts ago
Still unknown. It was planned for the 15th April but was postponed to a unknown date due to several issues in Multiplayer. In May we get a new release date or they will inform us about another delay.

Well, I have heard reports that GlowingAMRAAM was located in a bunker, north of Tiblisi. A strike at this location could cripple ED's SC PR Campai.............I can't I love his videos too much. We may have to settle for a strike against the Cat in the Hat (I'm horrible I know), just can't promise a location at this time.

We may have to move this strike discussion to a more secure location. I have seen deletions of OFF TOPIC posts increase in recent days.

Sorry guys, just trying to break the argument with a slight bit of stupid humor.

If they're onto you, that might explain the minimal amount of intel we're intercepting now...

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

We have kept you updated with progress as it has happened, when things have changed we have let you all know. Development is a difficult thing and problems sometimes arise.

As soon as we are happy the blocking issues are resolved we will let you know a date for release.

Personally find your comment offensive, you can clearly see massive amounts of work have gone into this project and we will deliver.

Your patience is appreciated.

thanks

You should not be personally offended by any comments here.

You are a representative of Eagle Dynamics, not a private citizen on this forum, and as such your "personal" views should never come into play. Customers are frustrated and they have every right to be; they did not create the issues or delays; over zealous planning did. The carrier was suppose to release the 1st quarter, then April 15, and that's fine, but listen to your customers and let them vent.

You should never show any "personal" regard or disregard for anyone posting here. That's a quick way to lose the company you represent customers. Hopefully, Raytheon continues to be part of the DCS community, which is not large.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

If they're onto you, that might explain the minimal amount of intel we're intercepting now...

Crap. Here I was thinking open conversation and planning on the forums would be overlooked as simply "ridiculous non-sense". We may have to change tactics here boys, onward to MySpace (Anyone know if they share information, sorry answer questions on that platform??)

1567722426_DCSSC.thumb.jpg.4027f281488356a0744bdf008a5c722c.jpg

Crap. Here I was thinking open conversation and planning on the forums would be overlooked as simply "ridiculous non-sense". We may have to change tactics here boys, onward to MySpace (Anyone know if they share information, sorry answer questions on that platform??)
If there's anywhere something will not be noticed, it's MySpace

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Hi all,

Progress is being made by the team on our internal builds, some of the code for how objects interact with the deck had to be redone.

As soon as we do have a date we will let you all know, we are planning for sometime in May.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Thank you for the update and details!