New A-10 model..

Yeniceri

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeniceri, we should post all download links and mirrors onto the front page so people can pinpoint it. Otherwise everyone would go straight for lockonfiles and it would overstress the server.

And a note to everyone else: If you guys are having any problems, please read the readme first. Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

**SIM-MOD A-10A Released**

In case any of you boys are still asleep or didn’t check the 3D Model thread, the new A-10 has been released.

Here is the download links and mirrors (note: we know there's going to be a lot of people downloading this, so please use the mediafire mirror first otherwise you might over stress the server over at the other sites)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnoyz12uhgg

www.lockonfiles.com

http://www.simwolfs.com/a-10/

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=21&file=880&lang=en

please read the readme guide

SIM-MOD A-10A Readme.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/?wkbwsy0x2ja

Compatibility packs ( these do not include the A-10 itself, check the readme )

A-10A + ADA Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?ujhdnxwjqgb

A-10A + Walmis F-15

http://www.mediafire.com/?gnygm1iy9wz

A-10A + ADA Mod + Walmis F-15

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ndgyn23ame

Please check the last few pages in this thread for more details and links

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=25064

Also: some people asked for the template, it will be up shortly. First lets get this model distributed so then the servers have enough bandwidth to host the skin template.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, if you have any problems with the model, please read the readme, as well as the FAQ first.

I'll post the FAQ here

A-10 FAQ

Note: Please install the A-10 Mod using the latest modman 6.3.0.1 to avoid any problems.

Q: Will this mod be compatible for 1.02

A: This model was never intended for 1.02 and we never did test with it, so if you want to play with it using 1.02, that will be up to your discretion.

Q: How will the new A-10 model affect FPS?

A: Of course with a new model you can expect a small hit in fps compared to the stock model. Just like any other increase in eye candy, install this model if you feel your system is up to the task. But in my personal experience as well as the other beta testers, we found the new A-10 model ran at a reasonable fps.

Q: Help! I’m getting some real bad fps with the new A-10

A: Again, as stated above, only install this if you feel like your system is up to the task. However, here’s a tip, we found that if the skins were in the temptexture folder, it significantly decreased fps- almost to a gridding halt. This is partially due to the massive four 2048x2048res bmp files for skins. So PLEASE MAKE SURE all skins and all future skins would be packed into the cdds format. You can still release skins in bmp files, but to the users, you should pack it into cdds format. This would dramatically save a lot of fps.

If you don't know how to do the coversion, please follow the excellent tutorial made by Cosmonaut.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3

http://cosmonaut1.wordpress.com/2008/02/09/cdds-tutorial-version-3/

Q: I found some details on the A-10 are missing; will there be an update in the future?

A: No, there will not be any updates to the Hog. The Sim-mod team will move onto other projects. Some details were not incorporated either due to fps reasons or the object was too small (hence it caused more trouble than it’s worth). In addition, any changes to the model itself might destroy the unwrap.

Q: Walmis F-15 had regular updates, why can’t we have it on the A-10?

A: Walmis F-15 had the ability to be updated since it used the same skin as the stock F-15 (but a lot of parts didn’t fit). It was also an ongoing project when he released it to the public, ours is a completely finished model with all the works and new skin. So I believe you will be satisfied with the amount of detail that went into this model. It is currently the most detailed A-10 model in any simulator that I am aware of. (And it’s free too!)

Q: Is the new A-10 compatible with other mods?

A: We found during our testing that some mods were incompatible. Since our A-10 replaces the original Meinit file, there are a couple things that you have to manually do in order to get other mods to work. (this has been covered in the Readme file). SIM-MOD will attempt to help where they can with integration with some of the other fantastic mods available out there, but we cannot make any guarantees. Please note the following mods:

·Walmis F-15 - if you wish to have both walmis F-15 and Sim-mod’s A-10, install the F-15 first, and then install the A-10, followed by the A-10+F-15 Compatibility package.

·ADA Mod - again, like the F-15, install the ADA mod first and then the A-10, followed by the A-10+ADA compatibility package

·ADA Mod AND Walmis’ F-15 - install ADA mod first, then Walmis F-15, and finally the A-10 along with the A-10+ADA+F-15 compatibility package. Note that this configuration DOES NOT support Walmis’ weapons mod.

·Static object pack - Keep in mind other mods that affect the meinit file also doesn’t work, such as the static object pack. If you want that to work, you must install the A-10 first, then manually edit the meinit file to include the static object pack…etc.

·Walmis weapons pack - It is also recommended to uninstall walmis weapons pack because the AIM-9 didn’t rotate properly on some machines.

Q: Will the A-10 have a more accurate payload?

A: YES, we have changed the A-10’s loadout so it would reflect the real A-10 loadout. Almost everything that the real A-10 carries can be found in this mod- except the Snake-eyes bombs. We had some trouble with the rotation and since that would require changing how the bomb behaves in the air, it won’t be allowed on several servers so it caused more trouble than its worth.

Q: Is the SIM-MOD A-10A compatible with Shepski's weapons mod

A: No the SIM-MOD A-10A has unique pylon locations that would conflict with Shepski's mod. However, most of the changes in the SIM-MOD A-10A include many of the real world payloads that Shepski and Iguana King made.

Q: Are Merc's MER's (multiple ejector racks) compatible with the SIM-MOD A-10A?

A: Thanks to some close work with Merc, we have a new and improved MER and integration with new LAU-61 and LAU-68WP rocket packs.

Q: Will the new A-10 have been FM?

A: Sorry no, remember this is just a new model. The model doesn’t affect the FM in any way.

Q: Can we use the old skins on the new A-10?

A: No, due to the significant change in shape and detail on the new A-10, we felt creating a new set of skin was in order. Plus, I believe you will find the many skins that our skinners have made are very beautiful. We will also be releasing a template for future skinners.

Q: Why doesn’t the engine spin during flight like the Su-25T?

A: Its hardcoded. Based off of what ED gave us for the .lom exporter, there’s no argument number that allows the engines to continue spinning during flight. So, we made some clever workarounds. For example, on the ground, the engine rotation is attached to the wheels. So as the wheels spin, so does the engines. Once you are in flight, the engine rotation becomes blurry so it looks like its still spinning. It’s the best option we have and I applaud Yeniceri and TekaTeka for coming up with this idea.

Q: How come there’s no radical damage model like engines falling off….etc (similar to the Su-25T).

A: Although at one point we experimented with new damage model ideas, it did not work properly due to how the damage script was written. Hence, it was hardcoded. Therefore, we dramatically improved the old damage model’s position.

Q: Why doesn’t the A-10 have the correct flashing strobe/nav lights

A: Hardcoded

Q: Why is there a red/green illumination at the bottom of each wing?

A: It was hardcoded, so we can’t move its position.

Q: Can we have a fire flash in front of the A-10 gun?

A: sorry no, due to the hardcode, we cannot have that effect appear every time we press the trigger for the gun.

Q: Does the A-10 Gun spin when you press down the trigger?

A: No, there was no such argument # when building the model.

And here's some screens for you guys to make you drool over while you download

Here's some screens for you guys

ScreenShot_0211024x768-1.jpg

ScreenShot_0221024x768-1.jpg

ScreenShot_0251024x768.jpg

ScreenShot_0261024x768.jpg

ScreenShot_0271024x768.jpg

ScreenShot_0281024x768.jpg

ScreenShot_0291024x768.jpg

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FINALLY! installing NOW!

rep inbound

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Very nice job indeed.

Quick question: How do I change from the desert camo skin to a diff aircraft skin like whats in the pics?? The noets said you guys made several diff skins but Im just not sure how to switch it in game or do I do it via Modman ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Very nice job indeed.

Quick question: How do I change from the desert camo skin to a diff aircraft skin like whats in the pics?? The noets said you guys made several diff skins but Im just not sure how to switch it in game or do I do it via Modman ?

All of the skin/flag combinations should be there to be chosen in the payload editor. you should see a list of 100 skins

ScreenShot_030-2.jpg

If you wish to customise the skins further, you can do so by following the guide in the readme.pdf http://www.mediafire.com/?wkbwsy0x2ja

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

quick question. I after installing this beauty. I went to go take it up and when I am looking through the cockpit everything is wacked out. meaning the wings are all right next to my pit, I can touch the bombs if I opened the canopy and the ejection seat is in front of my hud. Anybody know whats going on? I am using ModMan 6.3.0.1, uninstalled all of the other mods and still a no go.

quick question. I after installing this beauty. I went to go take it up and when I am looking through the cockpit everything is wacked out. meaning the wings are all right next to my pit, I can touch the bombs if I opened the canopy and the ejection seat is in front of my hud. Anybody know whats going on? I am using ModMan 6.3.0.1, uninstalled all of the other mods and still a no go.

Can you provide a screen shot?

If it is that just the weapons are not lined up correctly, and look like they are closer to you, this is due to the meinit.xml not being installed, or modified correctly. Also, have you made any changes to the default viewing angles in the view.lua? http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=28347&highlight=default+cockpit+view

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A huge thank you to the entire team!!!:thumbup: I just installed it using MODMAN 6.03.01 and tried it out in the training mission. Heres how it looks. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

This is usually caused by the A-10.skins file not being in the correct format to map to the cdds files. Can you check modmads install and make sure that there is a green indicator for the file A-10.skins

It could also be that for some reason the cdds file was not installed, or your graphics.cfg did not update via modman as it should have.

Check for these lines

graphics.png

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]