[WIP] F-16C MPCD's too dark - Need BRT and CON working

The two MPCD's definitely lack brightness/contrast. That does not help usability of the F-16 sim. I tried to improve by adjusting brightness, contrast and gain, but with insufficient improvement.

Even when I export the MPCD's to my secondary monitorand maximize contrast and/or brightness, that doesn't help.

This issue needs to be addressed!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I agree, it is very hard to see them.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I agree, they are pretty dim and appear kind of washed out.

+1

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Interfacing with Viper's key systems is so tied to the two MFDs. Not being able to clear use those screen as they are is a setback.

For guys like me who has embrace vr with strong passion, those screens are worse in vr.

So I qive my +1 vote to an early optimization of the textures of the font and brightness/contrast options.

It would be great to have those fixes in this weeks update if feasible.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I agree. It would be nice to see the screens have a bit more punch, at the moment I barely see any need to dim them at night, where as with the Hornet the screens are so bright that at night time they are totally overpowering and need to be dimmed.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

#metoo(dark)

I just hope that it can be implemented latest with a functioning MFD dim control rocker and that the current setting was "not the brightest".

In the meantime an early tweak for the current fixed setting would be also appreciated.

+1

As I’ve already posted in another thread, this should be fixed ASAP.

And what about the MFD resolution? This should be improved too. It looks like 240x240 for now.

I hope these are just place holder features for now and the Devs are working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Indeed, they are pretty hard to read. I have a 55 inch, 4K display. In the Hornet, I can keep the field of view quite large and still read all the MFD's. In the Viper, the view has to be zoomed in pretty close in order to get the same result... eliminating a good deal of SA with the narrow FOV.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

My Gamma is set to 2.5, I can see my MPCD's just fine. You may need to bring up Gamma for brightness. Your eyes adapt to having to better at night, so it should be higher during night time missions, and lower during day time.

+1 for the VR comment. I can’t fly DCS without VR and the MFDs make it nearly impossible to do so!

This /\

+1 from me too, hope they change them soon.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

My Gamma is set to 2.5, I can see my MPCD's just fine. You may need to bring up Gamma for brightness. Your eyes adapt to having to better at night, so it should be higher during night time missions, and lower during day time.

I shouldn’t have to adjust a setting like this when every other module with screens is perfectly visible at my current settings. This is an issue with the F-16 MFDs.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

+1

I export mine to a second monitor and even with the brightness at 100% and contrast max'ed out they are too dim to read. Fortunately the route lines show up a bit better but still need to lean right in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Same applies for me. Using Oculus Rift CV1, and the screens appear too thin and too dark.

Please improve them a bit, thanks!

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

+1 for the Index.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

+1 Rift S

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]