DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

Except VR DID work fine.

You must of missed the city sized mob holding the "Why did 2.6 break the game!?" signs on your way in.

That's why the Stable is called Stable. If you are happy with the 2.5.5 VR-Performance, why complain about the Beta currently testing and improving the graphics engine and as clearly stated STILL being optimized for performance?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Kate Perederko

Your frank, clear and open communication is a very welcome breath of fresh air around here, and very much appreciated. Thanks and take care.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

We consider the single-player release as a plan B.

I'm not trying to be a crap disturber here but why is it plan B if 2/3 of the players don't play in multiplayer (by your own numbers)? If people can be told to be patient waiting for stable updates so that they can play modules they've paid for, I don't see why people who want to use a model in multiplayer can't be expected to be patient as well. Again, all I really care about is that I get my frame rate back that I had pre 2.5.6.

Not stressing it. Was only 20 bucks. ED will send it when its playable. When she comes she comes.

Was it really only $20? I can't remember anymore; that's not even a case of Pauliner.

I wish ED would get the Channel map and P-47 into pre-release so I can give them more money. They're very hard to get along with some days.

Wow Kate, you went from 14 posts (sorry, I just noticed that this morning :P), to 67 posts in one day!!!

That totally made you earn the following emoji:

:clap_2:

You now have two options:

1. Get yourself some well deserved rest and a nice beverage (<-- I'd suggest you choose this one)
  2. Keep replying in this thread and maybe earn a ":worthy:" when you reach 100 posts in one day

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

The only reason DCS exists with players is thanks to FC3 in the first place.

Bringing the contents from fc3 to dcs meant bringing the fans as well.

Its not my fault i only joined dcs actually thanks to fc3.

So why are you ???? calling me greedy? You useless peace of

The reason DCS exists, is for the integration of DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark and DCS: A-10C Warthog. Later DCS World integrated both into one Multi-Player environment. Until then, FC2 was sold 2009 as a separate title, that had a limited integration with DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark.

Later around 2012 Flaming Cliffs 3 was launched as a separate game and the first utilizing the free of charge DCS World environment and enabling old FC2 customers to integrate their planes into the new and enhanced Caucasus/Georgia map with all the stunning visuals the Ka-50 and A-10C development brought to us.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Uhhh,....yeah,.... it’s not ready today, so it wasn’t ready when the sale was happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... just wasting my time here, sorry. Believe what you want.

Shagrat

I'm not trying to be a crap disturber here but why is it plan B if 2/3 of the players don't play in multiplayer (by your own numbers)? If people can be told to be patient waiting for stable updates so that they can play modules they've paid for, I don't see why people who want to use a model in multiplayer can't be expected to be patient as well.

+1000

Keep 2/3 of the paying customers waiting for weeks, for something they could have had today, so mayyyyybe the other 1/3 can have their cake and eat it too at a later date.

doh.gif

If I did that I'd be unemployed by the end of the day and I'd deserve it.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Regarding the Super Carrier pre-order. If you’re unhappy with the delay, next time around wait and pay full price after it’s released. Right ?

Edited by Odey

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog

I'd prefer the team to finish up the current bugs/issues to make openbeta into a Stable version.

Once that occurs, you can push the Super Carrier...

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

Hey kate, posted most my comments over on reddit because yeah but to summerize, thanks for actually keeping your word on the roadmaps and the like, really think you could have communicated before release day, but also understand easter..

Big one though still is what is going on with bug tracking and patch notes? Because currently that part still doesn't appear to be improving, patch notes are still missing vital information, they still don't list known ongoing issues etc which is frustrating as is having to ask Newy etc each week and being told 'wait and see'.

Case in point the crash happening with 2.5.6 and VR users, it's been reported now for 3 months since 2.5.6 dropped to open beta, it's a game stopper for a lot of VR users and appears to be an issue with your changes to 2.5.6's transparency and translucency implicit renderer based on the logs and the data they are throwing out as that is the top of every one of the memory dump items other then the last log item saying 'bow wave' but we have not seen it acknowledged as an 'ongoing' issue each patch, instead we have to ask if it's been fixed, get told 'dont think so if it wasn't in the patch notes, but give it a try and let me know if it is fixed'.. We should be able to look at the patch notes each time and see a list of known ongoing bugs not have to guess :(

I know it's not easy things have to be translated etc but the bug tracking and the like was the other big 'gripe' beyond communication/roadmaps etc over the last 6 months and it would be nice to see that new 'better' tracking you mentioned finally implimented with JIRA ;)

Other then that again thanks for listening, thanks for keeping your word about trying to be more open, wish you'd gotten it out before today but yeah.

To all the ED staff, keep yourselves safe in these times and hope you had a good easter.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Hey kate, posted most my comments over on reddit because yeah but to summerize, thanks for actually keeping your word on the roadmaps and the like, really think you could have communicated before release day, but also understand easter..

Big one though still is what is going on with bug tracking and patch notes? Because currently that part still doesn't appear to be improving, patch notes are still missing vital information, they still don't list known ongoing issues etc which is frustrating as is having to ask Newy etc each week and being told 'wait and see'.

Case in point the crash happening with 2.5.6 and VR users, it's been reported now for 3 months since 2.5.6 dropped to open beta, it's a game stopper for a lot of VR users and appears to be an issue with your changes to 2.5.6's transparency and translucency implicit renderer based on the logs and the data they are throwing out as that is the top of every one of the memory dump items other then the last log item saying 'bow wave' but we have not seen it acknowledged as an 'ongoing' issue each patch, instead we have to ask if it's been fixed, get told 'dont think so if it wasn't in the patch notes, but give it a try and let me know if it is fixed'.. We should be able to look at the patch notes each time and see a list of known ongoing bugs not have to guess :(

I know it's not easy things have to be translated etc but the bug tracking and the like was the other big 'gripe' beyond communication/roadmaps etc over the last 6 months and it would be nice to see that new 'better' tracking you mentioned finally implimented with JIRA ;)

Other then that again thanks for listening, thanks for keeping your word about trying to be more open, wish you'd gotten it out before today but yeah.

To all the ED staff, keep yourselves safe in these times and hope you had a good easter.

+1

The reason DCS exists, is for the integration of DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark and DCS: A-10C Warthog. Later DCS World integrated both into one Multi-Player environment. Until then, FC2 was sold 2009 as a separate title, that had a limited integration with DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark.

Later around 2012 Flaming Cliffs 3 was launched as a separate game and the first utilizing the free of charge DCS World environment and enabling old FC2 customers to integrate their planes into the new and enhanced Caucasus/Georgia map with all the stunning visuals the Ka-50 and A-10C development brought to us.

...and then?

Keep your history lessons to yo self as it doesn't bring me any answers over my concerns.

• ED Team

please keep the comments mature, and treat each other with respect please.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is what I wish ED would do:

- stop development of the super carrier

- fix the performance issues and core problems

- finish the F-18. We're coming up on two years since it's debut

- after the F-18 is done, finish the F-16

THEN start talking about releasing new modules, and taking money for pre-orders. Nothing is getting finished. Everything is perpetually in development. The A-10C is the last module I can remember that actually released "completed".

Why can't the other modules release like the A-10C did?

Why do you put release dates, and even release times, if y'all wait until the release is just hours away to delay without warning? I know this is just an Eagle Dynamics trade mark, but sometimes they're delayed beyond steam's refund policy, leaving me stuck with a product that I'm not confident is going to be released anytime soon.

I think that the community is already overhyped with Vulkan API and waits for years it's implementation. I don't want to start to talk about the model of the entire world map at this stage. There is no doubt that we want to have the entire world but we have a large technical debt to cover first.

Caucasus will not be updated to even a current set of technologies we used for THe Channel. We might consider developing a new Caucasus map to avoid problems with thousands of missions that are created for the current map. Of course, the old one will stay in DCS.

Persian Gulf expansion, well, probably it will be next map and not the PG.

... (Caucasus will not be updated to even a current set of technologies we used for THe Channel. We might consider developing a new Caucasus map to avoid problems with thousands of missions that are created for the current map. Of course, the old one will stay in DCS.)...

Kind of a contradiction in there with a obvious reason

This thread is a sight to behold!

I've occasionally been critical of ED's poor communication in the past, and now find myself thinking careful what you wish for.

Finally, someone from ED is put forward who actually has an in-depth knowledge of what is going on... and they're just thrown to the wolves. To have to spend a day reading and replying to 356 (so far) mostly vacuous or vitriolic posts, from a mob of flightsim nerds: no-one deserves this. Have mercy.

Here's an idea - have mods or whoever collate the top 10 concerns per month, present them to Ms Perederko, and have her post a reply to them. Lock that thread immediately. She can then get on with her day job / life.

No-one should have to put up with this s***.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

This thread is a sight to behold!

I've occasionally been critical of ED's poor communication in the past, and now find myself thinking careful what you wish for.

Finally, someone from ED is put forward who actually has an in-depth knowledge of what is going on... and they're just thrown to the wolves. To have to spend a day reading and replying to 356 (so far) mostly vacuous or vitriolic posts, from a mob of flightsim nerds: no-one deserves this. Have mercy.

Here's an idea - have mods or whoever collate the top 10 concerns per month, present them to Ms Perederko, and have her post a reply to them. Lock that thread immediately. She can then get on with her day job / life.

No-one should have to put up with this s***.

I think she already went for option 1

Wow Kate, you went from 14 posts (sorry, I just noticed that this morning :P), to 67 posts in one day!!!

That totally made you earn the following emoji:

:clap_2:

You now have two options:

1. Get yourself some well deserved rest and a nice beverage (<-- I'd suggest you choose this one)
  2. Keep replying in this thread and maybe earn a ":worthy:" when you reach 100 posts in one day

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks for the update. I'm not upset with a delay: better a polished product than a rushed one imho. Perhaps, the announcement of the delay could have been managed a bit better from a PR point of view, but it's not my business and it does not really matter now. I guess you didn't want to disappoint customers and worked until the very last to avoid the delay, so maybe this was why you was a bit late on the announcement.

I read all the roadmap to the very end and I am excited to think about all the things you are working on, so I express my gratitude to you for the hours of enjoyment your products give me. But couldn't it be that you are working on too many things at the very same time? Perhaps, you could consider on focusing only on a couple of things at once, instead of spreading work hours and human resources on too many projects. Just my 0,2 cents.

Stay safe in these odd times and thanks.