Forrestal Update?

Perhaps, but Vulkan/multicore was announced for Q3 this year and we haven’t seen any communication about a possible delay…

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

4 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Perhaps, but Vulkan/multicore was announced for Q3 this year and we haven’t seen any communication about a possible delay…

LOFL... Probably the funniest thing I heard today...

The F4U was supposed to hit 1.5 years ago...

The mirage F1 last month...

We were supposed to have "moving" clouds "soon tm"

We are supposed to get iads this Q... "nothing heard"

We are supposed to get dynamic campaign this Q "nothing heard"

I'm sure there are far more I've missed.

15 hours ago, dorianR666 said:

the apache trailer showed improved flir (trees werent hot).

maybe its the new flir tech that was supposed to come with hornet's atflir originally.

So I really really hate to break it to you, but there are plenty of situations when it comes to FLIR where the Trees are "HOT", in fact most of the use cases of FLIR thats the case.

Sadly no one actually uses FLIR in DCS when that "should be" the case... So its mainly an "end user" problem...

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The best middle ground is to have atleast the Plane Director, the Shooter and a plat cam while leaving the rest of it out. Assuming ED doesn't allowed HB for a full animated deck.

I own the supercarrier. And i ended up being in a lose lose situation because everytime we  do a carrier ops mission with myfriends. we either have to

- have 2 carriers SC and non SC

- or stick with the stennis. And yes Stennis does not have a lot of slot like the SC.

Edited by ustio

9 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

LOFL... Probably the funniest thing I heard today...

The F4U was supposed to hit 1.5 years ago...

The mirage F1 last month...

We were supposed to have "moving" clouds "soon tm"

We are supposed to get iads this Q... "nothing heard"

We are supposed to get dynamic campaign this Q "nothing heard"

I'm sure there are far more I've missed.

So I really really hate to break it to you, but there are plenty of situations when it comes to FLIR where the Trees are "HOT", in fact most of the use cases of FLIR thats the case.

Sadly no one actually uses FLIR in DCS when that "should be" the case... So its mainly an "end user" problem...

All of them has "plans"

18 minutes ago, ustio said:

The best middle ground is to have atleast the Plane Director, the Shooter and a plat cam while leaving the rest of it out. Assuming ED doesn't allowed HB for a full animated deck.

I own the supercarrier. And i ended up being in a lose lose situation because everytime we  do a carrier ops mission with myfriends. we either have to

- have 2 carriers SC and non SC

- or stick with the stennis. And yes Stennis does not have a lot of slot like the SC.

ED has building a API, by now HB or M3 has none confirmed carrier crews, only release a CVN-70 "funtionality".

• Like 1

m1qutq4cu4251.png?auto=webp&s=d607d5cbe2

Doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot of difference in length, but the Nimitz definely has a fair bit more area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 hours ago, Spurts said:

The Oriskany and early Midway are giving me anxiety with that landing area.

If you think about when they were implemented though, we didn't have many of the monster aircraft in inventory at the time. Think F9F Cougars, A-4s, A-1s. I don't believe the A-3 or A-5 had shown up, though the Phantom was used off the later Midway change. And even when the Phantom, Intruder, and other bigger stuff were adopted the Forrestal class were online and the Kitty Hawk class was on the way. But the old converted Essex carriers like Lexington and Hornet, and the Midway class were still used as attack carriers chock full of A-4s and the lighter aircraft.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

48 minutes ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

I don't believe the A-3 or A-5 had shown up, though the Phantom was used off the later Midway change.

The Tracker and Savage were in service, and the A-3 would be entering service roughly the same time as the majority of Essexes were rolling through their SCB-125 conversions. The Navy put some surprisingly big things onto small decks. 

10 hours ago, near_blind said:

The Tracker and Savage were in service, and the A-3 would be entering service roughly the same time as the majority of Essexes were rolling through their SCB-125 conversions. The Navy put some surprisingly big things onto small decks. 

Ah, almost forgot about the Savage. I know it and the Tracker were bigger but I guess I'm not thinking of them on the same scale as the A-3 or the A-5.

Now I'm curious to look back and see what all operated off the Essex and Midway decks.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

16 hours ago, Spurts said:

The Oriskany and early Midway are giving me anxiety with that landing area.

There is a collosus carrier mod out thats pretty small probably similar (in Argie livery IIRC). Landing an A4 on it isn't hard, though I think thats probably largely due to the rather basic FM/carrier interaction. But if you can land on a Nimitz IMO its not that much harder to do on a smaller carrier, just gotta line up right and fly a good approach. Should be fun once F8 comes out.

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Since the update has been pushed back by Ed, can you show us some previews at least?

• Like 3

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, ebabil said:

Since the update has been pushed back by Ed, can you show us some previews at least?

Seconded, would be nice to see some teaser shots. I recall it was delayed due to the SC release about a year ago?

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Supposedly the major October patch... so two weeks 😆 

• Thanks 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

3 hours ago, Uxi said:

Supposedly the major October patch... so two weeks 😆 

I mean, I'm gonna hope in one hand... But at the same time, it was supposed be out like last nov too...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pimp said:

So are these deck crew obsolete now?

No idea, but I hope not, even if they're static.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

last one week, please show us something HB!

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5