FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

21.10.2021 в 20:26, Ercoupe сказал:

I hadn't heard that DCS was supposed to get Vulcan. I used to fly XPLANE 11 before MSFS 2020, and when XPLANE went over to Vulcan, the difference in performance was dramatic, to say the least. When is that supposed to happen?

If I'm not mistaken ED has planned to implement Vulkan in Q3 of 2021. So, now the first month of Q4 close to the end. I've asked from ED guys when it will happens but they were not authorized to comment it unfortunatelly.

i9-11900K, MSI MAG Z590 TORPEDO, DDR4 32,0GB RAM, Gigabyte RTX3090, Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, Quest 3, standalone DCS.

6 hours ago, Knock-Knock said:

For what its worth, I kicked out the A-4 Community Mod and the Military Aircraft Mod (MAM), the latter I was using some  of the units of in the mission I had been flying for a while now, and was using as my 'benchmark'. Without these mods installed, I re-gained most if not all my fps - in VR, so hard to give exact numbers, but its smooth again.

As I reported earlier in the thread, I couldnt keep 45 fps after the update at Nellis for example, on the runway facing north. Had no problems with that before. But also when looking around while airborne, I would get really bad stutters, even with 45 fps. All this corrected itself with the above mentioned Mods uninstalled. Cant say if it was both or just one of them, or maybe just one of the planes in MAM.

Myea mno, I'll revert that statement. Well it worked for that particular NTTR mission (very simple and low on units), but for the other much bigger missions I have, fps / performance is defenetly still lost (no Mods). I know for a fact that I can maintain 45 fps in those missions with specific modules, when flying out on a task and executing that/those tasks, but not anymore. Cause Im obsessed with maintaining 45 fps when I build and test fly those, and just use the the missions when I consider them done.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I am down on fps too. I also noticed some flickering in VR. Like somebody else wrote here: the latest GeForce driver does not seem to be a good match with the beta.

I did notice a performance drop in other games too with the latest (two) GeForce updates. 

I am on windows 11.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, captain_kaoss said:

Check your GPU usage - mine has dropped from 99% with the previous build to between 90-92% with the current OB release

can confirm, even if my gpu % usage remained high i see an average of 20 watt less of power used

Ok what i did to get my 10 -15 fps  back  .

WATER QUALITY was on medium , i reset it to LOW . the new  beautiffull water texture is still there so graphically no difference except the waves effect on the shore .

TERRAIN SHADOW : off

SHADOW : LOW so you can still have shadows from clouds on ground and on the sea .

New water definitively has an impact for what i observed ...

Hope that  this can help .

rem : i use VR ,  nv 2070 

i did not try this for the moment

---go to: Users\[windows user]\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache

and delete all content of \DXCache folder -----

Edited by jpdesvals
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jpdesvals said:

Ok what i did to get my 10 -15 fps  back  .

WATER QUALITY was on medium , i reset it to LOW . the new  beautiffull water texture is still there so graphically no difference except the waves effect on the shore .

Thats what it is, i dropped my water setting from high to medium and it sprang back up so Caucuses F18 free flight upto 121fps (4k) and Syria free flight 89-103fps (4k).

I suppose I could just keep it all maxed out but its important we know why the FPS drops potentially on each release so we can accomodate it, without this understanding 3 release/patches down the line it could be another 40/50fps down otherwise. At last knowing the cause so we can make an informed choice in the local settings.

I'm pinning my hopes on better CPU redistributed instructions with vulcan and really wish they could take advantage of the Nvidia 30xx series cards but thats for the future I expect.

@BIGNEWYCould you feed this back to the coders please chap? Many thanks.

Big Thanks to @jpdesvals nicely done.

Pyroscot.

www.twitch.tv/pyroscot

Edited by wheelie

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.

5 minutes ago, davidrbarnette said:

Nice, but the water change didn't do it... I dropped mine from high to medium to low and no impact in VR... I've still lost about 20 fps. As a matter of fact, I've tried dropping basically all of the settings with little to no impact, and my system is no slouch.

I suspect its a different effect in VR David as its worked a treat for me and is replicatable outside of VR.

Edited by wheelie

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.

I also encountered the same problem. My PC configuration is RTX2080, I6700, 32GB RAM @2400, SSD, Reverb G1, and in VR mode I can run the previous version stably at 45fps, but in the latest version, only 32~ 41fps, and there are obvious freezes, the experience is very bad, lowering the water quality and visible distance did not improve, please check what is the reason, hope can be recover soon.

Inte 12700KF/ 32GB@3600MHz/ RTX2080/ 2T NVMe /Hp Reverb G1 

I may be get the reason. I tried to turn off the cloud completely in weather option. The frame rate has been improved by 10, and the Nevada map has regained a stable 45fps, which is almost the same as the previous version.
I think the reflection effect of the cloud has seriously affected the frames. I hope ED can provide an option.

• Like 1

Inte 12700KF/ 32GB@3600MHz/ RTX2080/ 2T NVMe /Hp Reverb G1 

On 10/22/2021 at 8:43 PM, m4ti140 said:

Upon investigation the GI option, which until now didn't affect FPS at all, now is the primary reason for fps tank. Disabling it return more than half of the framerate loss from this patch for me. Weird.

Also it seems that object rendering distances are higher now for same settings. I will try to reduce them and see what happens.

EDIT: View distances don't do anything. Also performance reduction from simply getting into cockpit seems bigger.
Btw, how can it be, that we STILL don't have the option to change the quality of cockpit reflections? I suspect they might be the reason for this

Had a chance last night to change global illumination to off and it made a massive difference. Lowered water too. It's still not what it was pre patch but I'm flying again so thats a plus. ED please take a look at it though. We can't all afford these 30 series cards in current climate, but we spend just as much on modules and such so shouldn't be left behind. The sim is looking great and the eye candy is great but no use if you can’t fly, besides as multiple threads are indicating, even people with high end systems are having fps issues of varying degree. It's not an isolated problem.

• Like 3

I recently switched motherboard and reinstalled windows and iam having bad VR but also bad 2d performance since.
My fps isn't even a stable 90fps in the home screen anymore, it fluctuates between 70 and 93fps causing stutters.
Also being in the plane (F14, A10C) iam having stutters most noticeable looking straight ahead and moving my head from left to right and vice versa.
During flight its having a hard time maintaining a solid 45fps (Reverb G2)

I thought this had something to do with my new motherboard, but it might also be the cause of the latest DCS patch, who knows...
Driving me crazy though searching for the answer.

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

Divine the silence of ED, at least warn that they have reported the fall of fps, of many people. Some do not notice it but those of us who have VR is abysmal, long stutters that even make the screen go out and return to steamvr for seconds and then return to the game.