Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

2 minutes ago, Sajarov said:

I fear big updates. The bigger the update, bigger bugs we get.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

I'll assume you're joking

(Just in case you're not, I advise you to try the stable version)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, pii said:

Did you have problems getting Jane's Longbow to run? I think I have the cd around here someplace.

I use DOS BOX. LB GOLD runs like a charm. You need the 1.04F patch though. With 2 x 40 mission SP campaigns and multiple single missions, and AI that just simply works, it's probably a better experience than DCS Apache will be at launch.

2 minutes ago, Sajarov said:

You are sooo naive my friend.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

He might be, but the fact is the Stable version exists to mitigate the update risks you're concerned about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

You, regular customer, get to wait because you are not a popular youtuber.

That used to be the case a few years ago but is not the case these days. Casmo is a former Apache pilot who helped with the development and therefore is privy to accessing the Apache earlier.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 10

hace 2 minutos, Nealius dijo:

That used to be the case a few years ago but is not the case these days. Casmo is a former Apache pilot who helped with the development and therefore is privy to accessing the Apache earlier.

All of the people that were not forced to wait are former pilots of the helicopter? 

In case anyone that could give me access now is reading, I have 95 subscribers and would make very favourable and positive videos.😎😁 

hace 5 minutos, Malakhit dijo:

Casmo is not just a "popular youtuber", he's a former Apache pilot who has been part of the SME and test team for the product. 🙂

🤔💭😐🤷🏻‍♂️😎

• Like 1

hace 1 minuto, Malakhit dijo:

If you were to have provided valuable advice and testing during the development of the product, I'm sure you'd have received a copy too. 🙂

Who is to say that my testing / input is not valuable? I have operated aircraft in real life.

😁 

hace 3 minutos, Hiob dijo:

@El buscador de la verdad Really? Grow up, man! 🙄

😢😁😎

17 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

Decoded: Popular youtubers get to use it but normal customers are 💩 of luck. 

Seriously - what do you not understand what about Casmo being an SME? And about that video being part of the testing?

You were informed about that several posts ago, and yet you're still complaining about it.

• Like 3

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Well, you may apply for DCS Closed Beta team, there's a post detailing requirements for prospective applicants. That said, unless the aircraft you flew in the Apache (or another one they made as a module), you're unlikely to get in. Casmo flew the Apache, and the mission they flew with Wags was part of the development/closed beta process.

32 minutes ago, Cab said:

He might be, but the fact is the Stable version exists to mitigate the update risks you're concerned about.

This is still true, though. When dealing with dev repositories, the practice of "shotgun committing" is discouraged because of that, particularly since it's harder to track down a bug when it's part of a massive lump of changes that's dropped all at once, and all you have to go on is that it wasn't there before. The fewer changes you make at once, the easier it is to isolate an issue to a particular change.

Likely, ED is following this practice within the dev environment, but we occasionally get massive updates, and with them, all the bugs that have slipped through testing of every single new feature. I'd rather have more frequent updates with less content, like what ArmA3 did. It actually had a weekly update scheme for its public beta, although they also did stable updates more frequently, so the public beta wasn't used nearly as much as it is in DCS.

4 minutes ago, hotrod525 said:

Aint he a "ex" Kiowa pilot ?  @Casmo ?

From his podcast website, which is referenced on his YT channel:

22+ years as an US Army Officer and Warrant Officer. 5 years as an Armor/Cavalry officer as an M1 Tank and 120mm Mortar Platoon Leader. 18+ years as an Aviation officer with over 2,200 hours as OH-58D Kiowa Warrior and AH-64D/E Pilot. Two Combat Deployments to Iraq and one to Afghanistan. Taught operations and tactics at the US Army Armor School and chief aviation operations coach at the Joint Readiness Training Center, Fort Polk.

It is not forbidden to fly 2 different types of machines especially if you have a long career. We should just be grateful that such experienced guys are available to make sure we get an accurate simulator of the AH-64 in the end. 

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 8

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

• ED Team
21 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

All of the people that were not forced to wait are former pilots of the helicopter? 

In case anyone that could give me access now is reading, I have 95 subscribers and would make very favourable and positive videos.😎😁 

🤔💭😐🤷🏻‍♂️😎

If you dont understand why Casmo has access and was given permission to share the video there is nothing I can do to help you. But you have been told so please dont keep going on about it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

If you dont understand why Casmo has access and was given permission to share the video there is nothing I can do to help you. But you have been told so please dont keep going on about it. 

Please take note that most of us were just exited about Casmo's video

I hope that the whining minority (or even just one individual) will not result in ED not allowing Casmo (or any other SME for that matter) to share more of these great videos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Qiou87:

From his podcast website, which is referenced on his YT channel:

It is not forbidden to fly 2 different types of machines especially if you have a long career. We should just be grateful that such experienced guys are available to make sure we get an accurate simulator of the AH-64 in the end. 

I'm really looking forward for his @Casmo experience we can learn from if the Kiowa joins the fleet in DCS!

• Like 1

• ED Team
Just now, sirrah said:

Please take note that most of us were just exited about Casmo's video

I hope that the whining minority (or even just one individual) will not result in ED not allowing Casmo (or any other SME for that matter) to share more of these great videos

Yes exciting times, soon you will all be buzzing around each other, it is going to be glorious 🙂

• Like 9

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

I feel bad for the people who are not actually waiting for the Apache. Now this release seems to be delaying just about everything else too.

*Raises hand

Is there any possibility of giving us a heads up about any campaigns coming up in this next update? I'm in kind of a limbo state between campaigns right now and am wondering about new modules to learn.

• Like 2

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

I feel bad for the people who are not actually waiting for the Apache. Now this release seems to be delaying just about everything else too.

Off topic, but it has no effect on other projects, helo team is working on our helicopters. 
Thanks