VDV

There are usually no campaigns ready for a module at Early Access release. When the module is released out of EA (Usually after a few years), then there might be a few 3rd party campaigns available. I have no idea if ED is including a campaign of their own this time. So just hold on to your money and check the forums for news.

56 minutes ago, VDV said:

Because im not gonna buy it, if there are not campaing.

Then I guess you'll have to wait even longer than the rest of us 😆 - Your money, your choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

23 minutes ago, doedkoett said:

There are usually no campaigns ready for a module at Early Access release. When the module is released out of EA (Usually after a few years), then there might be a few 3rd party campaigns available. I have no idea if ED is including a campaign of their own this time. So just hold on to your money and check the forums for news.

Ok and what do i need to play when it will not have a Campaing? Its so stupid..

Check the user downloads. A lot of people have probably made a bunch of missions using the KA-50 as a substitute. All they have to do is change the aircraft to a AH-64, and then make it public. I'm pretty sure the F-16 had a few Missions on release, I'm not too sure though, I don't really fly it that often. Or you could take a crack at the mission editor. Find a friend that also only plays singleplayer, and create missions for each other.  There are opportunities out there 🙂

• ED Team
39 minutes ago, VDV said:

You could try the Mission Builder on the main menu. It allows you to set a handful of parameters, and then it automatically generates a mission based on your choices.

It won't be a mission-to-mission flow like a campaign, but it does provide a tool to rapidly generate new missions you may like until a campaign is released.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

1 hour ago, VDV said:

No offence, but... you were going to buy the module, spend all that time to learn it and then... just play the campaign and then stop? Or play it all over again? And again? Sorry, but going through all of that just to play one campaign seems unusual to me.

This has been the way with every single DCS module release. However, judging by what some 3rd Party creators are saying, the Apache may end up having more campaigns than any of them.

Don't forget, some in the community will have their own campaigns and missions posted to the User Files section reasonably quickly anyway. You could also use existing mods like DCS Liberation, if you like. There are, and will be, other options out there.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

1 hour ago, VDV said:

Get into the Mission Editor. Build your own test flights to get familiar with the module and then start building more and more challenging missions. DCS has an excellent mission editor and after a few short Youtube tutorials you'll be able to make some good flights really quickly. Try different scenarios on different maps. There's tons of variety.

I live in the Mission Editor, 100% of my flights come from there.

Edited by Beirut

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

2 hours ago, VDV said:

I am pretty sure there will be a lot of 3rd party campaigns available for the Apache, but I am pretty sure that they will not be ready when the Apache is released in to Early Access. The campaign makers need to have access to the module too!
Either you wait and see what campaigns will be created for the Apache before making any purchasing decision, or you learn the Mission Editor and create missions of your own. There is an entire thread about suitable mission ideas for the Apache in this forum.
Me, I am going to create my own campaigns and missions for it and play them with my friends. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VDV said:

You obviously have no clue on how much work (properly realistic) campaign/mission creation beholds.. 🤦‍♂️

Try it yourself and you'll see..

The Apache will be released as early access, which means that many systems will not work yet an be WIP. So, creating a campaign now, would mean you'd only have a part/fraction of the module functionality available. Which would also mean less campaign mission options, or a massive amount of rework while the module evolves/changes

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I dont know if I would say its stupid? I think there are alot of people (like myself) that simply fly on Multiplayer servers. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

You can rest assured there will be campaigns available for the apache within a few weeks of it released. Youll just have to find them in the files download section if you dont mind them being 3rd party guys. To be honest though, you should just hope to get training missions off the bat.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

don't worry,there would be thounds user-made missions available afer release,

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms

It will be a great campaign as it will be created by Baltic Dragon and Casmo ! 

But if you fly only campaigns and single player, you are missing a LOT of stuff. 

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

The Huey campaign could be a start, someone did that for the Hind.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 2/26/2022 at 7:26 AM, VDV said:

You sound whiny. Stop playing the victim, grab your sack and download one of the hundreds of 3rd party missions/campaigns that will come out in the first 2 weeks and enjoy.  Or don't and sulk in your own laziness.

Edited by skins45
  • Like 3

There is a mission editor. You could create some basic missions to get familiar with the flight characteristics and learn the weapons and targeting systems. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. That would keep you plenty busy until the official campains and training missions come out. That's what I usually do.

Just throwing it out there as an option. 😎👍

As a suggestion, just open the mission editor and drop an Apache at an airfield (ie, in the Marianas Islands) and practice cold start, take off, navigation, and landing. You could do some island hopping. Doesn't take much effort to accomplish that.

Edited by Paladin71

On 2/26/2022 at 12:26 PM, VDV said:

ED have already said that the Apache will have some missions included in the EA release, so there's going to be Apache-focussed content from Day 1. You can bet your ass that online servers will be adding slots for the Apache the moment it becomes available. The mission editor is there to let you create your own missions, but if you're not adept at at that then I suspect the user files area of the ED site will fill up with missions pretty fast. If we get a dozen or so SP missions at launch then that's pretty much equivalent to a whole campaign, just without the underlying story linking them together.

Everything takes time. Right now you'd think that people's worlds are going to end if the Apache isn't released within the next 5 minutes. If you think you can convince them to calm down and wait an extra month so that there's a full campaign ready to play on Day 1 of the EA launch then nobody is going to stop you. We also won't be climbing out of our bunkers to come and save you when they try to feed you to the dogs. LOL 

If it helps, another way to think of it is to consider EA as an aircraft validation period and crew qualification time. The end of EA can represent the aircraft and crew becoming certified and ready for deployment. 🙂