OV-10A Bronco mod by Split Air team.....and MORE

Well got home from my trip this weekend and downloaded; worked perfect and such an amazing mod for what it is (and I am flying in VR).  Test flight was on Marianas map.  Did a little familiarization flying from Guam and then went into Mission Editor.  I put some badies (6 soldiers with AKs) on Rota airstrip off loading a truck onto waiting cargo transport.  I took off from Tinian and flew to Rota at around 100' off the water and popped up letting loose with guns, rockets, and couple Snakes Eyes in three passes.  Flew North and touched down perfectly on the USS Forrestal.  So much fun and enjoyment and nice little break from my continual education flights and missions in the A10C II.

Thanks Split Air's team.

Curious if the a couple of the user missions available for the A29 mod would be great for the OV-10... I can't see why not.

Edited by Rodeo
punctuation
  • Like 2

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

17 hours ago, Rodeo said:

Well got home from my trip this weekend and downloaded; worked perfect and such an amazing mod for what it is (and I am flying in VR).  Test flight was on Marianas map.  Did a little familiarization flying from Guam and then went into Mission Editor.  I put some badies (6 soldiers with AKs) on Rota airstrip off loading a truck onto waiting cargo transport.  I took off from Tinian and flew to Rota at around 100' off the water and popped up letting loose with guns, rockets, and couple Snakes Eyes in three passes.  Flew North and touched down perfectly on the USS Forrestal.  So much fun and enjoyment and nice little break from my continual education flights and missions in the A10C II.

Thanks Split Air's team.

Curious if the a couple of the user missions available for the A29 mod would be great for the OV-10... I can't see why not.

I edited a few of the miz files - Indonesian insurgents and Highway patrol.  Worked fine, although flying off the small runway in the Islands didn't go well for me the first time around (which happens with the A-29 every once in a while).

3 hours ago, One Eyed Ross said:

I edited a few of the miz files - Indonesian insurgents and Highway patrol.  Worked fine, although flying off the small runway in the Islands didn't go well for me the first time around (which happens with the A-29 every once in a while).

Thanks great to know. I did downloaded both last night as well as the A-4E Iron Bombing Range but by time I got everything installed family got home and dinner and evening routines got in the way.

Now we need Marston Mats/AM2 in ME for remote airstrip creations.

Edited by Rodeo

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

Hola 

Comentar que estoy disfrutando de lo lindo con este aparato , me he creado una misiòn tipo Vitnam en el Caucaso ( pues hay muchos bosques ) , y he simulado escenas màs o menos parecidas , y es un disfrute

Por cierto , si alguien me pudiera ayudar acerca de còmo hacer que el Paragrup o paracaidista que sale en la configuraciòn de armamento , hacer que salte , pues no doy con el comando adecuado para èllo , por lo demàs chapò , ha sido una gran creaciòn y felicito a los que lo han creado por tan increible trabajo 

Gracias

1 hour ago, GUINCHO said:

si alguien me pudiera ayudar acerca de còmo hacer que el Paragrup o paracaidista que sale en la configuraciòn de armamento , hacer que salte

Not implemented yet, maybe on the next version of this Mod.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, GUINCHO said:

Aquì abajo os dejo en Zip , la misiòn que he comentado 

Espero que la disfruten 

Thanks for sharing, I will try it out during the week-end 👍  ... little by little the collection of community-made missions for the OV-10 is growing 🙂

bImmerD.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hi there,
great plane this Bronco, I've been testing meon arming since this morning, everything is OK for the guns, but I can't manage to fire my rockets.

Do you have the procedure to activate and fire them.
I read the .pdf file well, but my English is not very good, and I can't understand the procedure.

Thanks in advance

bq3b.jpg

frmz.jpg

Edited by Pappy2

@crazyeddieI installed and placed the dds files into a Zip, as prescribed by Hawkeye's entry LUA. 
Tested it out on a heavily scripted Syria map my group uses. Upon loading into the cockpit, the stutters were gone and my FPS was stable at my locked 30 FPS. 
This is a huge change from Day 1, where I saw teens mostly, with heavy stuttering. And I'm running an i9-10900, 3080 and 64Gigs RAM. No slouch, but decent.
Thanks for the work!

I struggled with firing the rockets and dropping the bomb also, until I realized that the numbering on the weapons panel excluding the wing stations. 

Mask sure that the master arm switch on and select the correct station to fire (for rockets) or drop (for bombs).  

image.png

Edited by t_hedlund
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

1 hour ago, Pappy2 said:

can you help me by explaining to me step by step the check list of buttons to activate in order ? 🙃

with a picture too ?

??  ... look three posts above yours

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pappy2 said:

it is always the machine guns which fire.

You are pressing the Gun trigger instead of the Weapons Release button?

• Like 2

Thanks guys, you gave me the solution.

It is necessary to designate a button of the joystic for "Weapons Release button".

cj06.jpg

Then everything works:

Turn on viewfinder

5byr.jpg

Select the weapon to use

8ki1.jpg

Turn "ON" "MASTER ARM"

ij7f.jpg

Edited by Pappy2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, XpRiV said:

Using Drop for Bombs will just jettison them,  to have them explode, you need to move the switch to the fire position.

Yup my first time I put it in "Drop" position figuring that was for bombing/fuse arming and got no explosion 🤦‍♂️🤣.... also another little advise y'all is I prefer only arming one rocket pod at a time to conserve ammo.

Edited by Rodeo
  • Like 1

Please do something asap with the damage model - if possible. It's terribly hard to break a Bronco. There are such breakneck landings that should destroy the machine, and nothing is wrong with plane. DCS system "disappears" plane from the map, but you can still repair it while at the airport and fly normally, but being invisible on the map.
Today I made a loop over the airport, slowed down the speed to almost zero and fell from about 100 meters to the airport. I have easily repaired the machine, which physically nothing happened, I lost the ability to start the engines but after the repair I started as if nothing had happened. But plane still be invisible on map after this 😉
After being shot by the ground air defense, apart from a few small "holes" in the paintwork and one engine turned off, zero damage, smoke, fire, etc.
Only after accelerating from a height of some 22,000 feet in a dive did the wing tip fall off. Bronco could be safe .. but probably not so much;)

Oh, and I do not recommend flying above 20,000 feet, weird eyesight deteriorates 😉 Sight gets out of focus, and losing colours 😉

But still love this plane 😉

Screen_220916_215746.png

Screen_220916_220555.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pappy2 said:

Thanks guys, you gave me the solution.

It is necessary to designate a button of the joystic for "Weapons Release button".

cj06.jpg

Then everything works:

Turn on viewfinder

5byr.jpg

Select the weapon to use

8ki1.jpg

Turn "ON" "MASTER ARM"

ij7f.jpg

we definitely need input bindings for all these functions, hope they will be include in a future update soon