DCS Newsletter discussion 9th September 2022 - A-1H Skyraider | Supercarrier progress | AI BFM

BIGNEWY

It would seem ideal that ED would dedicate exclusively to the core and earn money through 3rd parties. you just need to make sure one or more 3rd parties are releasing a module every so often as to have cashflow.

Hope you can achieve that balance one day and halve a small part of the team developing modules. It would mena more toys for us to buy, a stable chas flow and a beter core for everyone...

• Like 1

• ED Team
33 minutes ago, Baco said:

It would seem ideal that ED would dedicate exclusively to the core and earn money through 3rd parties. you just need to make sure one or more 3rd parties are releasing a module every so often as to have cashflow.

Hope you can achieve that balance one day and halve a small part of the team developing modules. It would mena more toys for us to buy, a stable chas flow and a beter core for everyone...

A lot of manpower is already into the core as we speak, giving up making modules just isnt realistic though, we not only need to keep bringing you modules created by us, but we have private contracts the require us to be the best of the best as well. So module creation by ED will not go away, but more 3rd Parties is more better.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

42 minutes ago, NineLine said:

A lot of manpower is already into the core as we speak, giving up making modules just isnt realistic though, we not only need to keep bringing you modules created by us, but we have private contracts the require us to be the best of the best as well. So module creation by ED will not go away, but more 3rd Parties is more better.

The more the merrier!!!

• Like 1

My question is - with these older aircraft that are more reliant upon rockets as major direct fire weapons - will the rocket warhead fragmentation/blast effects get looked into?

The Mi-24, Mi-8, Su-25, A-1H, IA-58 (not yet announced), Mig-23... a lot of these aircraft did their ground attack with unguided rockets or bombs primarily... I do understand that the modern American jets are profitable enough to justify detailed modelling of their guided weapons and targeting pods - but I can't help feel that all of these aircraft would benefit from some core improvements to rockets - and that the A-1H is definitely one of those that'll need it.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:06 AM, Art-J said:

Given the recent kerfuffle of two separate parties unofficially working on Su-22 mods, apparently not knowing about each other, I can see how risk of duplication BN mentioned above becomes a concern.

Apparently three separate parties working on the Su-22... maybe four even. That said, two seem to be far enough along that they've clearly invested a lot. It'd definitely be nice if the projects were integrated somehow (e.g. a bit of art). I do really want a Su-17 or Su-22 though - so I just hope that one of them completes it.

It is interesting how this aircraft (Su-17) seemed completely neglected (to the extent that I didn't expect to see it in less than a decade) and then ended up with duplicated effort.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Avimimus said:

My question is - with these older aircraft that are more reliant upon rockets as major direct fire weapons - will the rocket warhead fragmentation/blast effects get looked into?

The Mi-24, Mi-8, Su-25, A-1H, IA-58 (not yet announced), Mig-23... a lot of these aircraft did their ground attack with unguided rockets or bombs primarily... I do understand that the modern American jets are profitable enough to justify detailed modelling of their guided weapons and targeting pods - but I can't help feel that all of these aircraft would benefit from some core improvements to rockets - and that the A-1H is definitely one of those that'll need it.

Agree 100% this is a much needed improvement, long overdue and as more modules based on rocket attacks are released the need grow even bigger.

• Like 3

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

9 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Apparently three separate parties working on the Su-22... maybe four even.

Realistically, 2 I would say, and it is safe to assume it will either one will abandon it, or some form of cooperation may be considered. OctopusG is one, Magnitude3 is the other, SniperSVK was working on a model, and he was hinting his work was going to be used by a 3rd party, which is almost certainly Magnitude 3. There used to be another modder working on one but that does seem like have fell by the wayside long ago already.

Anyway, none of them is licensed from ED yet. Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 is the thing I am looking forward to by far the most, only equaled by F-4E for me. So I am hoping we will get the best one, and get it before the hell freezes over 😛 but we'll see.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

10 hours ago, WinterH said:

Realistically, 2 I would say, and it is safe to assume it will either one will abandon it, or some form of cooperation may be considered. OctopusG is one, Magnitude3 is the other, SniperSVK was working on a model, and he was hinting his work was going to be used by a 3rd party, which is almost certainly Magnitude 3. There used to be another modder working on one but that does seem like have fell by the wayside long ago already.

Anyway, none of them is licensed from ED yet. Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 is the thing I am looking forward to by far the most, only equaled by F-4E for me. So I am hoping we will get the best one, and get it before the hell freezes over 😛 but we'll see.

IDK, the whole SU-22 thing could be resolved by either the devs teaming up on it, or doing different variants. Plenty of interest in both the late and early cold war. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Will we have another big announcement tomorrow? Love these ads, even if they take a while to launch.

• Like 2

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

1 hour ago, NineLine said:

If you don't like announcements, do not read tomorrows newsletter 😉

Yes finally,  we'll get that Spirit of St. Louis modual!

But we'll be missing the Atlantic map so we won't be able to do the trans Atlantic flight. Yet another plane modual missing a map.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Your gonna get slammed tomorrow 9_

It wont matter if it's the best thing to ever happen to DCS, or nothing. Somebody will be after you with torches and pitchforks regardless, for breaking that announcement tease, I mean promise, you just made. 

At least the passion means the base is dedicated, I guess. 

Your gonna get slammed tomorrow 9_
It wont matter if it's the best thing to ever happen to DCS, or nothing. Somebody will be after you with torches and pitchforks regardless, for breaking that announcement tease, I mean promise, you just made. 
At least the passion means the base is dedicated, I guess. 

What do you mean? They're going to announce a new unannounced 3rd party module. At least that what Wags said couple of weeks back. So how will they break that promise?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Maybe they will tell us the ground AI (troops and moving vehicles) have gone from bad to better than bad and we can have some fun in ground attack helicopters without it being a turkey shoot.

I'm hoping its AI improvements or some great core updates, they would be very welcome indeed, but it will probably be a module that will be added to my not buy list unless its the Typhoon, F15 or full fidelity Mig29....hahaha 🙂.

Either way it will arrive in 2 weeks 😉

Edited by Hotdognz
  • Like 1

Nearly one year has been passed since any news about multicore, vulkan or other updates... officially news. Come on ED... VR peformance is worse and worse after each patch iteration, making most modulues, specilly those recent ones, literally unusable in VR.

Edited by Gryzor

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Gryzor said:

Nearly one year has been passed since any news about multicore, vulkan or other updates... officially news. Come on ED... VR peformance is worse and worse after each patch iteration, making most modulues, specilly those recent ones, literally unusable in VR.

As we have mentioned many times, work is going well, we will share news soon hopefully, but only when we are ready to. 

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2