single push to eject keybind

9thHunt

3 hours ago, 9thHunt said:

I've done some modding to the control .luas before, the only problem with that is it gets overwritten every time there's a DCS update.

No problem thanks to OvGME

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I got myself an X-Key button which I can map to repeat the eject keybind 3 times with one button press.  However, something fishy is going on with that keybind.

This button works fine in the Tomcat, which as @draconus mentioned above might not actually require 3 presses, however, I'm finding that in the Hornet and Viper at least, sometimes I still have to push the button multiple times to eject.  I've checked with X-key's tech support, and their tech said I programmed the button correctly.  I've also tried pressing the keys on my keyboard for verification and they also seem to have the same problem.  Sometimes I have to press the keys as many as six times to get a successful ejection.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Am I not typing fast enough?  How quickly do I actually have to press the key combo to actually expect it to work?  I programmed the macro with a half second delay between repetitions, but I've also tried setting it up with no delay at all.

Edit: I removed the delay again and now it seems to work about 3 out of 4 ejections in the Hornet. and seemingly flawlessly in the other jets I tried, maybe a half second was too long of a delay.

Edited by 9thHunt

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2022 at 4:32 PM, LeCuvier said:

I have never seen the triple command as a big problem, but there is a simple LUA edit to execute the underlying command "iCommandPlaneEject" 3 times with a single button press.
To achieve this, I added the following line of code

{down = iCommandPlaneEject, pressed = iCommandPlaneEject, up = iCommandPlaneEject,	name = _('Eject (press once)'),	category = _('Systems')},

into the file "default.lua" in the folder "K:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\UiLayer\keyboard". This creates the new keyboard command "Eject (press once)" in the UI Layer. This will make the command available for all modules that use the command ""iCommandPlaneEject" with a single binding. The remaining challenge is to find a key combination not yet used for any command, but the new 2.8 functionality helps with that. You could also make the command available for game controllers by adding it into the "default.lua" under "...\joystick".

Sorry for reviving an old thread but this works great. Especially with JSGME.   I made my own ejection handle and added this to the joystick default.lua and presto, I have an ejection handle that works without pulling it three times. 
There should just be a tic box in the misc menu or whatever that lets you choose single press ejection. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Exactly, LeCuvier's .lua edit is the simple solution.

In a simpit, you don't need hardly any key at all anymore, and there's no simple "oh, I hit the ejection button by accident". The problem with 3rd party util programs like RS Mapper is they work fine... for a certain period. They aren't maintenanced, they may be buggy and especially RSMapper collapses if one USB device gets unplugged. I tried to get rid of all these aux program and with some .lua editing (check out LeCuvier's guide!) my...5 Bodnarboards and several Arduinos don't need any intermediate program anymore, not even for 3 state switches.

Just remember to edit the ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\yourAircraft\Input\yourAircraft\joystick\default.lua to route the 1x Eject directly to the joystick or boards, not the keyboard.

Edited by void68
  • Like 1

I would be happy if ED provided a solution that allows us to add bindings that are not lost during updates. The Mod manager helps, but it does not merge new ED-introduced bindings or changes to existing bindings into our modified LUA files.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

11 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

I would be happy if ED provided a solution that allows us to add bindings that are not lost during updates. The Mod manager helps, but it does not merge new ED-introduced bindings or changes to existing bindings into our modified LUA files.

Though not an ED provided solution isn't that what the Quaggles input command injector does?

https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

3 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

Though not an ED provided solution isn't that what the Quaggles input command injector does?

https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector

Yes, but it's custom code heroically developed by an enthusiast, and that code could be broken by any future ED update.

LeCuvier

• 8 months later...

I tried editing the code, but no success.

Is ED team able to add an alternative single press eject command- left empty for the user to assign a key/button in any column of their choice ( keyboard, joystick custom controller aka-ejection handle! )

This would be really helpful for those with simpit ejection handles! 

I dont want to add more 3rd party apps to make a macro or edit the game code that could get overwritten when updates occur or when i reinstall the game on a new computer. 

Please ED! 

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi,

three press for eject is hardcoded and wont be changed sorry. 

Personally I have mine setup on a macro.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

20 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Personally I have mine setup on a macro.

A macro in ED?

LeCuvier

4 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

A macro in ED?

You have a TM warthog .. you can easily program a button for this three key sequence, using TARGET.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I continue to use my LUA edit (posted a year ago in this thread), a simple line of LUA code. And I have bound the command to the Right Windows button. I have never ejected by mistake.
And I'm now using it with the "Command Injector" developed by Quaggles. That works very well. It was broken by the udate to 2.9, but Quaggles fixed that in a couple of days.
Only worry is, when one day Quaggles will no longer support this, the solution is dead. I have looked at the file and I cannot figure out how it works.

@BIGNEWY: is there any chance that ED would integrate that functionality? I think the potential benefits are obvious!

• Like 1

LeCuvier

3 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

using TARGET

That's what we try to avoid - using external apps.

30 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

three press for eject is hardcoded and wont be changed sorry

It works in F-14 as single press, just saying.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

5 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

You have a TM warthog .. you can easily program a button for this three key sequence, using TARGET.

Yes I have a TM Warthog, but I've uninstalled TARGET years ago.
I would rather use Voice Attack.

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier

• ED Team

I actually have mine setup on a second logitech mouse on my left side, its a G600 with many buttons and I use the logitech software to create macros. 

Screenshot 2023-11-10 104103.png

Screenshot 2023-11-10 104134.png

32 minutes ago, draconus said:

It works in F-14 as single press, just saying.

I have asked the team before about changing the three press eject and was told we wont be changing it for our modules. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

34 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have asked the team before about changing the three press eject and was told we wont be changing it for our modules.

I guess my question could be misunderstood. I mean the functionality of @Quaggles Command Injector. This allows users to add command bindings in a "default.lua" under \Saved Games. These don't get lost in the process of updating. Quaggles has achieved that by editing the file "Data.lua" under "DRIVE:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Input".
The obvious issue is that this customization can be (and has been) broken when the stock file "Data.lua" is modified in an update. So far Quaggles is maintaining the customization but he won't be doing that forever. The functionality makes sense to a lot of people, and I believe it would make sense for ED to integrate it in the product.

• Like 2

LeCuvier

I guess my question could be misunderstood. I mean the functionality of @Quaggles Command Injector. This allows users to add command bindings in a "default.lua" under \Saved Games. These don't get lost in the process of updating. Quaggles has achieved that by editing the file "Data.lua" under "DRIVE:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Input".
The obvious issue is that this customization can be (and has been) broken when the stock file "Data.lua" is modified in an update. So far Quaggles is maintaining the customization but he won't be doing that forever. The functionality makes sense to a lot of people, and I believe it would make sense for ED to integrate it in the product.
I second this. Maybe this wish disserves it's on thread.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Don't nessesarily need ED to change the current control, leave that as it is, but.. also make an alternative command available. Could this be forwarded to the team for consideration? 

I have logitec mouse too which is great but ejection via handle is what im going for. 

Eject (3 press)  "LCTRL +E" 

Eject (1press)  "blank" 

Just need to see that in the controls list.

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-12900k CPU |16 GB RAM/ GPU RTX 3090/ VPC Collective + Stick + Throttle  | Pimax Crystal 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Would it be possible to change it to a "modifier" that can also be used for other areas. Basically, pressing a key multiple times has another affect, for example disengaging autopilot or auto-throttle. Or changing the modifier ourselves for the ejection handle so that we can turn it into a single button-press (could be useful for people making simpits)