DCS Newsletter discussion 7th April 2023 - Mosquito Livery Competition Winners | UH-1H Development Report | Normandy Campaigns update by Reflected

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Mosquito Livery Competition Winners | UH-1H Development Report | Normandy Campaigns update by Reflected

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

new engines on the huey, thats interesting

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

2 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Meh...with all that is on the near horizon, I rather thought that was an anticlimactic dud.

Not at all. Good news about the Normandy 2 map. That ain't no dud, ma man. :smoke:

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

IMHO  Been wanting to say this for a long time - IF DCS/ED spent as much time on improvements as they did on HYPE we would have an amazing game by now.!!

• Like 3

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

5 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Different strokes. Not into the WWII stuff in the least.

1955-1965 was only 10-20 years after this time period. its not too much of a stretch to use this map as a early cold war gone hot scenario. consider the migs 15,19, & 21, the 86 & f5 & uh-1 were all introduced in the time period of 1949-1962 (we dont really have the luxury of bing sticklers for variants within DCS). expanding that out slightly, the mi-8 came on the scene in 1967

theres certainly a non-ww2 use case for this map

• Like 1

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

12 minutes ago, NIGHTHAWK1 said:

IMHO  Been wanting to say this for a long time - IF DCS/ED spent as much time on improvements as they did on HYPE we would have an amazing game by now.!!

While I could make a long list of improvements I feel is needed, some ED doesn't seem to care that much about, DCS  is already an amazing game.

2 minutes ago, ngreenaway said:

1955-1965 was only 10-20 years after this time period. its not too much of a stretch to use this map as a early cold war gone hot scenario. consider the migs 15,19, & 21, the 86 & f5 & uh-1 were all introduced in the time period of 1949-1962 (we dont really have the luxury of bing sticklers for variants within DCS). expanding that out slightly, the mi-8 came on the scene in 1967

theres certainly a non-ww2 use case for this map

I actually did make a cold war gone hot scenario just as an excuse to fly the Huey on the great looking Channel map.

I'm probably gonna make a series out of it so I can make cold war fights over Paris and London. 

• Like 3

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

yea, i agree. its got its shortcomings, but what we have already is pretty amazing

3 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

While I could make a long list of improvements I feel is needed, some ED doesn't seem to care that much about, DCS  is already an amazing game.

• Like 2

System:

31 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Different strokes. Not into the WWII stuff in the least.

I hear ya. But that map will be fantastic for choppers too. Tons of detail and it's green, not brown and sandy. Should be a great map for eye candy. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Huey improvements on the engines is a great news!! When released this will bring back flighttime with the iconic Huey in DCS again for me. Thanks so much👍👍👍

• Like 1

DCS version2.9.5.55918
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - OH-58D - UH-60L(Mod) - OH-6A(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) - Kola — Waiting for: BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

huey can really use a texture refresh similar to the a10/ka50 treatment. its really starting to show its age

• Like 5

System:

Thank you for this amazing news for the UH-1H. Will it get a new 3D model and high resolution textures?

• Like 2

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Hero3.png

The image shows that we are now accurately modelling auto-rotation situation readings on the tachometer. The real aircraft dial is on the left and the DCS: UH-1H Huey dial on the right.

Except those two images show completely different readings. ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davidrbarnette said:

Agreed. DCS WWII isn't my thing. I think the exciting topics are continued core engine upgrades, specifically anything that improves performance in VR, and the F-15E.

I love it all - jets, choppers, and WWII. Really looking forward to the upcoming Normandy 2 Map.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So we know Reflected will update his campaigns that's using Normandy map, what about the Charnwood and Goodwood campaigns? I believe these are EDs own campaign or are they someone else's?

• Like 1

Some love for our old Lady 🥰 Great to hear! 👍 Now all she needs is a texture update, at least for the pit. 🙏

• Like 3

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

I'm loving the new map(cosmo's  video really highlights how huge the improvements are)

But I don't feel Normandy 2 really is a good name for how big the improvements are. I think they should take a page out of aircraft naming convention and call the map SUPER Normandy!

15 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

So we know Reflected will update his campaigns that's using Normandy map, what about the Charnwood and Goodwood campaigns? I believe these are EDs own campaign or are they someone else's?

By "Goodwood" do you mean Epsom Campaign?

Both are maintained by ED. I'd personally expect them to be checked for compatibility with upgraded N1, but wouldn't count on optional variants being developed for N2. Let's wait and see, however.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.