Patch Notes discussion 13th, 21st and 23rd April 2023

BIGNEWY

1 hour ago, TheoreticalApex said:

MT still does not apply to multiplayer servers even if we launch using the bin-mt executable correct?

no. The dedicated servers cannot run MT, as a client can run MT as much as you want but not as dedicated server, if memory serves. 

5 hours ago, Pasquale1986 said:

Will the UH-1H receive further updates regarding the 3D-Model an the Multicrew-AI?

I was wondering the exact same thing! BIGNEWY, any chance you could comment on the possibility of the Huey being brought up to BS3 or Apache Standards on the visuals? Still one of my favorite helos.

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, Devil 505 said:

I was wondering the exact same thing! BIGNEWY, any chance you could comment on the possibility of the Huey being brought up to BS3 or Apache Standards on the visuals? Still one of my favorite helos.

We want to update all older models at some point, it is very time consuming and we have a lot to do, when it is planned you guys will be the first ones we tell. 

• Like 9

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

24 minutes ago, NineLine said:

We want to update all older models at some point, it is very time consuming and we have a lot to do, when it is planned you guys will be the first ones we tell. 

Yeah i say take your time with cosmetic stuff. Function>form any day. Better do the engine/FM, first and right. Nuts, bolts and rivets can wait.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Lace said:

Will have to give MT another try now.  See if it shows any improvement for me.

I'm happy to report this version of the MT is far better in VR (Rift S) than the previous, essentially unusable (for me) version.  Still not quite the night-and-day difference some are reporting, but at least I'm not seeing worse performance anymore.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

15 hours ago, GCDV31 said:

Hello, I'm locking forware to using openVR ! Because retro projection woks bad with openXR. Is it on the pipe or no hope to see again OpenVR ?

If possible use SteamVR as OpenXR renderer; with the new open beta or the last SteamVR updates motion reprojection got much smoother than with the first MT release.

Nearly no stutter for me now! And SteamVR is much better when using motion reprojecting; almost no artifacting for me.

But I don't know if the new OB improved or fixed it or the latest SteamVr updates.

Edited by Gripen 4-1
  • Like 1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

This version is definetely a solid step up from the previous state for me with OpenXR and G2. As I capped the framerate at 45 fps with OpenXR Toolkit now it's (mostly) very smooth at 45 fps even on the ground, which can dip to 35-38 fps when flying low and fast with a lots of buildings (minus Marianas, that map is....). The experience varies by the airplane (ie. the Fw-190 is really smooth on Caucasus instant action take off mission, so as the M-2000C).

For me the NTTR seems to be changed slightly somehow, now it's really nice on visuals (maybe the lighting is different), the clarity is very pleasing and the performance is butter smooth.

However I still experience some stubborn micro stutter here and there upon head movement in the cockpit, and some rare several seconds blackouts while the sound continues (without crash, the visuals also continues after 6-8 seconds). Overall this version in SP is really nice to fly, thanks ED very much!

P.S: please hurry up on DLSS if possible, the shimmering in the distance is very distracting, not to mention the clouds aliasing... :)))

• Like 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

SSAA has stopped working for me in this version with MT.

Has anyone else noticed this?

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

hace 4 horas, EL_LEJI dijo:

SSAA has stopped working for me in this version with MT.

Has anyone else noticed this?

oops, I had not seen this message from NineLine, sorry

It's a known bug.

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

Sorry if already answered, for MultiThreading, are we still using the specific MT file or does the default executable call for MT now? I have a separate shortcut but didn't know if still needed for MT. 
Still separate.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

8 minutes ago, Harker said:
45 minutes ago, Splashtrick68 said:
Sorry if already answered, for MultiThreading, are we still using the specific MT file or does the default executable call for MT now? I have a separate shortcut but didn't know if still needed for MT. 

Still separate.

Thank you! 

Fixed: Attack format TDC slew rate way too slow. This will allow more rapid TDC movement to designate targets, change range scale, etc

OK, it went from 'way to slow' (which was OK for me) to the 'OMG where is my TDC??!?' 

Question - are you going to tone it down a bit? Not saying that it should be as before, but I am thinking if the slew axis on VirPil and VKB (tried both) are not following this change nicely, then folks who use keyboard or other axis controls may struggle even more...

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

8 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

OK, it went from 'way to slow' (which was OK for me) to the 'OMG where is my TDC??!?' 

Question - are you going to tone it down a bit? Not saying that it should be as before, but I am thinking if the slew axis on VirPil and VKB (tried both) are not following this change nicely, then folks who use keyboard or other axis controls may struggle even more...

Haven't using F/A-18 very much yet, but flew several quick sorties and was very happy with new slew rates. I use VKB MCG Ultimate without curves.

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

@NineLine @BIGNEWY

Are you going to evaluate the player's feedback on the .50 cal sound effect?

• To me, the .50 cal sound is impressive. However, there is a trailing "echo" or "reverb" effect that makes it sound like the recording was done in some large underground shooting range bunker, which renders overall sound completely out of place inside the cockpit.  Maybe ED dev team can look into it and possibly roll-off the last 100-200ms of the sound, or turn down the echo/reverb effect? If I happen to be way off I understand, but to me that's how it feels right now...
  • The cannons sound fantastic, the new sound effect for them is perfect!

Edited by peachmonkey
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

@NineLine @BIGNEWY

Are you going to evaluate the player's feedback on the .50 cal sound effect?

• To me, the .50 cal sound is impressive. However, there is a trailing "echo" or "reverb" effect that makes it sound like the recording was done in some large underground shooting range bunker, which renders overall sound completely out of place inside the cockpit.  Maybe ED dev team can look into it and possibly roll-off the last 100-200ms of the sound, or turn down the echo/reverb effect? If I happen to be way off I understand, but to me that's how it feels right now...
  • The cannons sound fantastic, the new sound effect for them is perfect!

Yep. Great sound but noticed the same. There should be no reverb inside (nor outside- unless stationary). It sounds to me like the guns sound the same inside and outside when they should be different.

• Like 1

DCS: Mi-24P by Eagle Dynamics

• Added: Special option for AP authority over pedals (if disabled AP won't be able to take control over anti torque pedals and move them without pilot input, although 9% authority over yaw control is still there. Disabling it making this system not realistic (as real system AP has full control over whole pedals axis) but due to simulator and hardware joysticks reasons we are putting it in)

Would it be possible to ask to put a description next to the new option saying that it is activated for realism? Would be like this.

✅ PEDALS AUTO MOVE (On for Realism)

This would prevent many people who seek realism from getting confused due to lack of knowledge. Thanks @BIGNEWY!

• Like 5

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

18 hours ago, Blackfyre said:

Haven't using F/A-18 very much yet, but flew several quick sorties and was very happy with new slew rates. I use VKB MCG Ultimate without curves.

Yeah it takes a little getting used to after years of previous speed.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team

Introduced a new map module DCS: Normandy 2.0

DCS World

• Fixed a core's layout on AMD processors like AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D (core group with lesser L3 cache size now used by IO pool only)
  • Scripting. Added world.removeJunk. Taking volume as first arg, returning amount of deleted objects.
    Volume 'declaration is same as for world.searchObjects.
    Usage: local volS = {id = world.VolumeType.SPHERE,params = {point = {x = -303780,y = 5,z = 629149},radius = 1000}}
    world.removeJunk(volS)
  • VR Mask in native OpenXR is upside down - fixed
  • F10 map. Draw function setMarkupTypeLine only works once in a mission - fixed
  • Crash on EagleFM - fixed
  • MP. User don't get any notification on connect to a full server - fixed
  • Weapons. Kh-29 missiles loft down after launch - fixed

DCS: Mi-24P by Eagle Dynamics

• Improved: List of targets detected by Petrovich now dynamically updated, user just need to place a point on ground for Petrovich AI to scan and to get updates there is no need to repeat it now, Petrovich should update target list in real time with IFF and new targets progress.
  • Improved: additional optimization of Petrovich AI routine for performance

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Patch Notes discussion 13th and 21st April 2023