Patch notes discussion June 2023

BIGNEWY

On 6/9/2023 at 9:20 PM, Nuggetz said:

You may be onto something there. I will investigate this tomorrow. Thank you for your reply 

Having done more flying with guns BFM against various aircraft targets on different maps ground clutter does appear to be a factor but I have also positioned the F16 below and behind the target (clear sky beyond) and find the radar can continue to drift and lose lock.  I am not sure this is the effect that DCS was attempting to replicate.  

I will be watching future GrowlingSidewinder videos with interest especially those low level guns BFM videos to see how he gets on.

• Like 3

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C

On 6/10/2023 at 11:49 AM, St4rgun said:

The new patch with the Sinai map is nice, with the following notes (MT, VR, SP only):

• the Sinai map's detail is superb, but the crowded buildings further induce more shimmering when viewed from altitude, I'm now literally CRYING for DLSS...
  • the night lighting is now correct for both eyes, working perfectly
  • the automatic exposure control still makes everything outside of the cockpit overexposed which is a pity especially on Sinai which is otherwise a nice desert map. In external view the colors are well defined and the visuals are perfect, but looking from the cockpit it's a washed out mess. I hope this overxposure will be cured really fast (at least turn it off / make it optional at last)
  • the occassional visuals' freezing is still there which can last for 4-5 seconds, including blackout while the sound is playing fine. Very disturbing to experience it prior to a touchdown... Fortunatelly it happens really rare, but this was not existent in ST, looks like the game caches SOMETHING.

Can't wait for DLSS.. Hopefully soon..

• Like 3

I would love an update on DLSS as theres have been many patch since SSAA doesnt work as it was necessary step to take for something, we are seeing videos with working DLSS from the end of last year...

• Like 2

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

IMHO the DLSS would be a MUST for VR, I have very high hopes in it. And @BIGNEWY said some time ago that he tested it (I assume in VR) and it was "surprisingly good". So an update on that status is eagerly needed.

• Like 2
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

5 hours ago, St4rgun said:

IMHO the DLSS would be a MUST for VR, I have very high hopes in it. And @BIGNEWY said some time ago that he tested it (I assume in VR) and it was "surprisingly good". So an update on that status is eagerly needed.

second that.

dlss or taa (or both) is a must for any vr sim imo, otherwise is a shimmering fest.

Ryzen 3700x - 2080ti - 16GB 3200 - 500G SSD - OCULUS RIFT S

47 minutes ago, grim_reaper68 said:

just maybe a stupid question: isn't it possible to activate DLSS in the nvidia parameters directly?

DLSS rely on motion vectors that has to be feeded from the game engine to work, isnt a thing that you can activate globally

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

19 hours ago, Artax said:

Hello, there is somenthing strange with f16 dogfight mode lock, the radar slip away from the targhet and loose lock after few seconds, it only happend after last patch

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, schurem said:

Dlss is a task for the core programming team. They aren't done with MT yet. Viper radar is a whole different thing, different people probably too.

Just out of curiosity, does that mean DLSS will come after Vulkan? Assuming I understand all this right, Vulkan ultimately falls under the grand scope of MT, correct? 

25 minutes ago, Zebra1-1 said:

Just out of curiosity, does that mean DLSS will come after Vulkan? Assuming I understand all this right, Vulkan ultimately falls under the grand scope of MT, correct? 

DLSS cannot be implemented in DX11 (current edge engine). To my knowledge there is no game with DLSS over DX11. DLSS only can be implemented in Vulkan or DX12.

Sorry but I disagree. I don't know any way to refute the claim that no game can run DLSS in DX11, other than mentioning an example (I purposely didn't name it to avoid breaking any rule).

It's Impossible to discuss some things without talking about the world outside of DCS.

We will get DLSS at some point probably later this year, before DCS moves gets Vulkan because it can run on DX11.

Edited by Jafergon
  • Like 3

Sorry but I disagree. I don't know any way to refute the claim that no game can run DLSS in DX11, other than mentioning an example (I purposely didn't name it to avoid breaking any rule).
It's Impossible to discuss some things without talking about the world outside of DCS.
We will get DLSS at some point probably later this year, before DCS moves gets Vulkan because it can run on DX11.

I believe SD meant that as soon we get Vulkan, DX11 will be depricated, and we'll never see a DLSS compatible DX11 version.
Why would we, when an official video with Vulkan and DLSS were released? Unless I'm totally wrong, and I wouldn't mind being proven such at all.
Wouldn't it be double the work for nothing if they work on DLSS on both DX11 and Vulkan?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I think Vulkan will still take a while to come and before that, we will get a DLSS implementation this year. 

If you remember the 2023 and beyond video, it had a text saying that it was recorded using DLSS. I think  the build used for that video was based on DX11. Otherwise the text would have said something like "recorded with Vulkan" too.

We've been getting a major patch each year with engine features and I suspect the next big one is going to come with DLSS. We are still probably a year or more away from Vulkan and this is something that can ease the wait with interim performance gains. Let's see what near future brings us 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 11:54 AM, BIGNEWY said:

As soon as we have looked at the data for open beta and are happy there are no stoppers we will consider a stable update. At this time I dont have a date. 

thank you

Do we need Multii-threading for it?

• Like 1