Sinai Map OUT! 🌞

YoYo

23 minutes ago, Rainer_B. said:

Same here. No Log in and no real Response. Time for a slow Repair.

No need for that. Apparently it's an authentication problem with the server, not any corrupted file.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

1 hour ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Still can't log into DCS World for the time being. Have to wait.

Yes, unfortunately, leaving the simulator then causes no entry. I also noticed that no offline mode works here. I had this message 2x and flew over Sinai 2x (total 2 hours, great map, seriously), offline mode would solve the problem, but it doesn't work in DCS.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

9 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

No need for that. Apparently it's an authentication problem with the server, not any corrupted file.

Sure. But i do a slow repair including new Metashader and FXO Folder after a big Update. Better save than sorry.

9 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Yes, unfortunately, leaving the simulator then causes no entry. I also noticed that no offline mode works here. I had this message 2x and flew over Sinai 2x (total 2 hours, great map, seriously), offline mode would solve the problem, but it doesn't work in DCS.

I was able to force offline mode to work by disabling all network connections to my PC when starting up DCS. You're right though, it should work better than it does if the servers are just a bit screwy like they are right now.

8 minutes ago, jskibo said:

Bought on DCS, can finally log in, but Sinai missing from list in game...>Sigh

I applied this hotfix, released just a couple of hours ago:

M51K564.jpg

and now DCS works for me, including Sinai 👍

1JIxjaq.jpg

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I’m in middle of downloading update.. I might get to fly a little tonight I have to smoke 20lbs of pork for my daughter’s birthday tomorrow and I will start cooking it at midnight… oh so what to do while I wait 😎 (as long downloads get completed)

• Like 3

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

Man, I can't thank OnReTech enough for making the SA-2 positions so beautiful! LOVE it!  I hope we get to see some variation in them in the future, but for now, I'm REALLY happy with how well done they are.  If any other terrain developers are paying attention, this is the standard to strive for now!  

Thanks OnReTech for making this SAM Nerd happy! 🙂

• Like 4

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

Great job @OnReTech!  I think you just set the new standard for DCS maps!  Well done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

I had a flight over Cairo in both the AH-64D and the F-16 yesterday (Offline mode since servers where down).

I´m really surprised to see such great performance with the high detail and density of objects.

Compared to the newly released Normandy 2.0 map, performance is better, view distance much higher and, objects density seems also higher (especially over Cairo) and lot's of details.

On the Normandy 2.0 Map objects seems to pop in from a much closer distance and textures only get's detailed at much closer distance too.

On the Sinai map, even flying at high altitudes, objects and details down on the ground is very high.

Is the Sinai map made with a different technic than Normandy 2.0 ?

• Like 4

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I just flew from West Cairo to Cairo Int in the Ah-64… WOW. I set the date for April 1st at 0600 and amazing. I’ve never been to Cairo but spent plenty of time in ME and seeing the dusty haze in the rising sun (which I think is beautiful) and the Apache shadow across the Pyramids was just stunning. Amazing job @OnReTech with everything and integration into ED’s system.

I fly in VR and as I hit the Nile in downtown and banked left I got that familiar feeling in my stomach of flying low and hard in a helo. Absolutely great experience for the digital landscape. 

Now time to get to do some combat 😎  

Edited by Rodeo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

Well done OnReTech! It looks beautiful. The amount of detail in the city of cairo is brilliant. And given that - the performance seems well optimized too! 👍

Great Map so far!!!

Edit: Well worth the wait and the little server-hickups yesterday! 😉

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

5 hours ago, fjacobsen said:

Is the Sinai map made with a different technic than Normandy 2.0 ?

Apparently it is; At least when compared to Syria. Here‘s something they mentioned in December:

• Like 2

Wow! That was a big surprise yesterday releasing Sinai!! Thank you so much!😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

What a great map. Cairo alone is (almost) worth the price. First class eye candy, nice night lighting, and solid performance.

There are a few things that could use some love, but all in all a fantastic map.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Played it for a few hours last night, this could be my new favorite map. Cities bigger than any other map in DCS as far as I can tell. The suez canal area alone is one of the coolest, most unique areas I've seen. The coastline is amazing and the wave animations, although subtle, are well done. Israel's terrain looks incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1