DCS Newsletter discussion 1st September 2023 - 15 Year's of DCS

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

In Dev2.png
Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,

Since the release of Black Shark in 2008, DCS has been going from strength to strength and all thanks to you, our wonderful community.

This 1st of September 2023 marks the start of our DCS 15th anniversary year, which we will kick off with an important sale to celebrate.

Don’t miss the biggest discounts we have ever offered with up to 60% off most of our products! The sale has now begun and will continue until Sunday, the 17th of September 2023 at 16:00 GMT and on Steam until the 15th at 18:00 GMT.

This upcoming year is a special one, with greatly anticipated module releases, events, activities and features to celebrate. More details will follow, but we take this opportunity to thank you, our players, content creators, contributors, server hosts, third party developers, our volunteer test-team and all who have invested time and resources into building Digital Combat Simulator.

Here’s to the future, here’s to you!

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely,
Eagle Dynamics
15 Years of DCS
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/8eb7cbecd4108168f022270d2eca4374/

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to DCS Newsletter discussion 1st September 2023 - 15 Year's of DCS
  • BIGNEWY pinned this topic

We are working hard on DCS World 3.0, with 2.9 coming soon

I'm really happy to hear about this unexpected and upcoming DCS update

Many much-anticipated aircraft are coming soon, including the mighty F-4E Phantom

and I'm waiting for the release of F-4e, hoping it's imminent ...

This 1st of September 2023 marks the start of our DCS 15th anniversary year, which we will kick off with an important sale

Thank you very much to ED and all Third Party Partners.

• Like 3

We shared passion and a desire to create historically important combat aircraft in uncompromising detail for all of you to enjoy, making aviation dreams come true and the inaccessible a virtual reality.

DCS will continue to grow, with more focus on the graphics environment, spherical earth, core ‘game’ functionality, improved multiplayer and cooperative play with extended ground and naval warfare. Many much-anticipated aircraft are coming soon, including the mighty F-4E Phantom, OH-58D Kiowa, F4U Corsair, C-130J, CH-47F Chinook. So much to look forward to!

Interesting points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday 🥳

• Like 4

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Hats off!

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

5 minutes ago, Cab said:

"Many much-anticipated aircraft are coming soon,..."

I really, really hope they've given due consideration to what that one word means to most people. :yes:

Hey, what did I just say about my usual cynicism! 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Define "Soon"TM...

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Happy anniversary ... loved the Timeline:

Here is a summarised timeline of the Eagle Dynamics story so far:

• 1991 Eagle Dynamics is founded
  • Nov 1995 Su-27 Flanker. Runner-up for Computer Gaming World's ‘Simulation of the Year’
  • Sep 1999 Flanker 2.0. The direct sequel to Su-27 Flanker added the SU-33 to the lineup
  • Mar 2002 Flanker 2.5. Awarded ‘Best Simulation of 2002’ by PC Gamer
  • Nov 2003 Lock-On: Modern Air Combat. Published by Ubisoft
  • Apr 2005 Lock-On: Flaming Cliffs release. Advanced Flight Model for Su-25 and Su-25T
  • Oct 2008 DCS: Black Shark. Advanced Flight Model and first clickable cockpit in the ED history. The first ‘DCS’ release earned SimHQ's ‘Sim Product of the Year’ 2008
  • 2009 DCS: Black Shark wins PC Gamer Simulation of the Year 2009
  • Feb 2011 DCS: A-10C Warthog. The first full-fidelity jet
  • 2011 DCS: A-10C Warthog wins PC Gamer Simulation of the Year 2011
  • May 2012 DCS: P-51D Mustang. The first WWII module
  • Aug 2013 DCS World Steam Edition
  • Jan 2015 DCS: Su-27 The Ultimate Argument Campaign for DCS World
  • Oct 2015: DCS: L-39 Albatros. The first MultiCrew
  • Nov 2015 DCS World 2.0. Detailed terrain support of the Nevada map
  • Jun 2017 DCS World 2.1. Added deferred shading and physically-based rendering
  • Jun 2017 DCS: WWII Asset Pack
  • Apr 2018 DCS World 2.5 Significant improvement to the Caucasus map. 
  • May 2018 DCS: F/A-18C. Our most popular module to date
  • Apr 2019 Dedicated Servers released for Multiplayer
  • Oct 2019 DCS: F-16C Viper
  • May 2020 DCS: Supercarrier Nimitz-class flight deck Operations
  • Apr 2021 DCS World 2.7. Eagle Dynamics Weather Engine
  • Jun 2021 DCS: Mi-24P HIND and MultiCrew
  • Mar 2022 DCS: AH-64D 
  • Oct 2022 DCS World 2.8. Improved atmospheric conditions and AI basic flight maneuvers
  • Mar 2023 Multi-threading is introduced
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Beirut said:

But still no sale on the MB-339. Disappointed am I. 

Same .. its the only module that I don't have  😞

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Same .. its the only module that I don't have  😞

I'd like to have a trainer, just for the fun of flying, and I like the MB-339 devs, they seem to be good guys. But my cash isn't unlimited. 

It's been out for a while, maybe 25% off for a little encouragement to part with my hard earned dollars. The other trainers are on sale for about 40% of the cost of the 339. That makes the 339 a tough buy unless it's a plane you have a real buzz for.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, Javier said:

New rain effect in the Hornet.

you are right! rain on the canopy has better resolution and seems to have a more realistic pattern to it. interesting.

reddit also pointed out grass moving from rotor wash...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beirut said:

Happy Birthday DCS! :smoke:

But still no sale on the MB-339. Disappointed am I. 

I feel your pain, mate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, twistking said:

you are right! rain on the canopy has better resolution and seems to have a more realistic pattern to it. interesting.

reddit also pointed out grass moving from rotor wash...

The dust effect from the helo landing was also much, much better.

Makes me wonder if some of those Soon(tm) to be released modules aren't waiting for core features in 2.9 or 3.0

• Like 2

Happy Birthday DCS and thank you ED for these wonderful and very exciting 15 years. It‘s stunning and incredible how development of a combat simulator changed and what is now possible. A dream comes true.

I am glad to hear that the Core of DCS is more in focus. There are some features (just to note a few as ATC, Vulkan, Ground Crew, improved fusing settings) I am really looking for. Can‘t wait to see what we can expect from DCS 2.9 and 3.0.

• Like 2

I started in 2006 time frame and multiplayer servers were about two or three.   So kids the fact there is 1200 servers,  now was not always been the situation.    It has been a ride.

• Like 1

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Congrats, ED. Personally, I am on board since the glorious days of Flanker 2.0 so it was quite a journey for me, too - it has not always been an easy journey, though. However, joy and fun in the simulator far outweigh the negative. So, are there things I want to see in the very near future? Yes, mostly ATC improvements, a vastly improved EWR/AWACS with much higher/customizable update rate and of course the completion of the F/A-18C and the F-16C. This year has not been that rich in content for these said modules so there is also a bit of room for improvement, right? Right. On the other hand, though DCS is basically a wellness trip for my mental wellbeing. The sim has become so beautiful in 2023...I mean, just look at DCS Syria, DCS Sinai or DCS Marianas. Choose the right ambient settings and it´s basically like being on holidays. What can I say, I wish you the best of luck for the next 15 years. I'm here, we're here and I think it's going to be a wild ride. Just like in the last 15 years. DCS...what can I say...I just love it. Thank you for all your achievements for our communtity, ED. 🤙

• Like 3