Jittery aircraft and munitions when at speed

Nascar

DCS 2.8 example:

This issue wasnt fixed simply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That's exactly what i'm getting.   Even the people on the carriers were doing the same thing.  

Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor               4.70 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI 

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

The Apache seems to be unaffected.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

I assume this is in relation to that jitter bug that was mentioned in the changelog and supposedly will be fixed in a hotfix.

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Jittery aircraft and munitions when at speed
  • ED Team

threads merged, 

we are working on a fix 

thank you

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So since I’ve updated DCS to 2.9 I’ve external view aircraft shuddering the faster they go. So all good while not moving but shuddering and stuttering as they move. Makes it unwatchable. Performance seems fine, cockpit views are fine. Can’t reproduce in single player. Only MP. Any ideas?

Hi,

I have the same jitters in MT as well as in ST.  The jitters seem to get worse the closer I fly to another aircraft.  In my case I tested it with the KC-130 tanker.  Once I get within about 100 meters or so, the jitters start with the tanker.  When conncted to the basket the basket as well as the tanker jitter the most.  When leaving the tanke the jitters seem to get less as my distance inreases from the tanker.

This only occurs since updating to DCS 2.9, did not have it prior to this update.  Tried different servers, all had the same issue.

I had the same problem.

For some other reasons i renamed the Options.LUA file in ...Users\"youruser"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\

Starting up again DCS makes a new Options.LUA. With the new Options.LUA, this problem was gone! (but you have to set DCS settings again, take note of your settings before renaming)

EJ

18 hours ago, espenjoh02 said:

I had the same problem.

For some other reasons i renamed the Options.LUA file in ...Users\"youruser"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\

Starting up again DCS makes a new Options.LUA. With the new Options.LUA, this problem was gone! (but you have to set DCS settings again, take note of your settings before renaming)

EJ

I want to test this theory when Im home from work later.

On 10/22/2023 at 4:44 PM, espenjoh02 said:

I had the same problem.

EJ

Ok, got home. Grabbed my settings, deleted options.lua

And no more airframe and munition stutters. OP in the quote may be onto something here. At least something for a temporary fix.

This was one PvE MP server with a decent amount of players connected and I was on there for 10 minutes only.

I will be testing heavy populated PvP servers shortly. 

Edited by Br0s3ph

On 10/22/2023 at 3:44 PM, espenjoh02 said:

I had the same problem.

EJ

I'm no wizard, but I don't think anything in the options.lua would affect weapons jittering. unless DCS VOIP really is that terrible of a feature.

to clarify the images. LEFT is NEW; RIGHT is OLD

image.pngnull

image.png

image.png

Edited by zenatsu
clarification

I deleted the Config\options.lua as suggested above. Restarted DCS MT and reset my Options - System settings (I took screenshots of Low - Medium - High - VR - Custom 1 - Custom 2 and Custom 3 settings before deleting the options.lua).

I then went into a MP server and F2'd AI aircraft in flight. 

Testing F2 in each of my graphic settings (Low - Medium - High - VR - Custom 1 - Custom 2 - Custom 3) it seems to reduce the ghosting/stuttering somewhat but it did not eliminate it. 

My computer spec are RTX 3090, 64 GB RAM, i9-11900K @ 3.50 Ghz