05.01.2024 - 2024 & Beyond | Winter Sale Last Chances

• ED Team

header.png
05 January 2024

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends, :pilotfly:

All of us at Eagle Dynamics thank you for your incredible support and commitment in 2023 and wish you and your loved ones health, happiness and prosperity in 2024. Happy New Year! 

2023 was an important year for DCS. Many issues such as performance were addressed with the launch of multithreading and DLSS/FSR. Efforts will continue into 2024 with further tuning and enhancements, especially in VR. This week we look toward 2024, safe in the knowledge that there are great things to come. Please check out our 2024 and Beyond video and enjoy!

This coming year will see the continued development and release of many exciting aircraft and maps from Eagle Dynamics. Highlights include the announcement of the MiG-29A Fulcrum, Afghanistan and Iraq maps, and continued work on the CH-47F, Hellcat/USS Enterprise, and the Marianas World War II map. Please see our 2024 module development roadmap below.

The DCS Winter sale was drawing to a close but due to its great success and demand we have extended the sale by one whole week and will now close on the 14th of January 2023 at 15:00 GMT. Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy up to 50% off most DCS modules!

Thank you for your passion and support and best wishes for 2024.

Yours sincerely,

Eagle Dynamics

2024 & Beyond Video

A Look Ahead
Hero1.png

Whereas the 2023 focus of Eagle Dynamics was primarily on DCS core improvements like multithreading, DLSS/FSR, Voice Chat, and bug fixes, our partners had an exciting year that included new products like the F-15E Strike Eagle, new Mirage F1 versions, the Normandy 2 and Sinai maps, and many fantastic campaigns.  

2024 promises to be an eventful year with many projects in development such as the full fidelity MiG-29A Fulcrum, CH-47F Chinook, F6F Hellcat, and the Afghanistan, Iraq, and Marianas World War II maps. Our 3rd party partners are working diligently on the F-4E Phantom II, A-7E Corsair II, MiG-23 Flogger, C-130 Hercules, F4U Corsair, La-7, OH-58D Kiowa, and the Kola map.

2024 & Beyond Roadmap

Our Current Plan
Hero2.png

Let’s take a brief look at the new aircraft under development in 2024, in no particular order. Detailed specifications and features will be listed for each product during each product announcement as we get closer to the release.

New Eagle Dynamics Aircraft

DCS: CH-47F

Much of the 2023 CH-47F work focused on the creation of the external model, cockpit/cargo models as well as systems and FM. The model now accurately reflects a US Army CH-47 from the mid-2000s. Much of the work now involves the finalisation of the flight dynamics and flight control system, along with the many multi-function display pages and sub-pages. As with all DCS aircraft since the Ka-50, the CH-47 will have fully modelled electrical, hydraulic, fuel, and other systems that exist within the simulation as “live” systems to manage voltage, pressure, flow rates, temperatures and all other operational systems. To support advancements in the DCS logistical system, the CH-47F will also be equipped with cargo and sling management capabilities as well as defensive gun positions.

DCS: F6F Hellcat

Also started in 2023, the Hellcat has made great progress. When creating the external model, internal structural modelling was created to provide a very accurate and realistic structure in order to enhance damage modelling. The flight model development is in full swing, and it is being created to match first-hand knowledge of its handling and performance in cooperation with The Fighter Collection.

The Hellcat will not exist in a vacuum though, and Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO) opponent aircraft are already in development, as well PTO specific ground and naval forces.

DCS: MiG-29A Fulcrum

We are excited to announce our first full fidelity 4th generation Russian fighter: the MiG-29A Fulcrum! The Fulcrum has been a massively successful, single-seat fighter that was developed to counter the F-15, F/A-18, and F-16 during the height of the Cold War. Today, it serves numerous armed forces, and will fill an important role in DCS.

Based on publicly available manuals, the DCS Fulcrum will be a 1980s era MiG-29, but it will still be a potent threat to other DCS aircraft with its array of radar- and infrared-guided missiles, its 30mm cannon, and unguided air-to-ground weapons. In the right hands, the MiG-29 can be a tough opponent with its Helmet Mounted Sight paired with high-off boresight R-73 air-to-air missiles.

New Eagle Dynamics Maps

2024 will also be a great year for new maps. Our Terrain Development Kit (TDK) continues to grow in capabilities each year, and these new maps will leverage these features to create the best maps yet.

DCS: Afghanistan

First hinted at a year ago, we are happy to confirm that an Afghanistan map is coming to DCS. A flash point spanning thousands of years, Afghanistan served as the backdrop to two of the largest conflicts in living memory. More focused on Counterinsurgency (COIN) warfare than large force-on-force battles, the Afghanistan map will bring a new mode of warfare to DCS battles and our most popular aircraft like the AH-64D, Mi-24P, A-10C, Su-25, F-16C, F/A-18C, will be great mission choices.  

DCS: Iraq

We are also excited to announce an Iraq map coming to DCS. From Operation Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom to the War on Terror, Iraq has been one of the most significant flash points of the late-20th and early 21st centuries. The Iraq map will initially be centred on Baghdad to best provide War-on-Terror and War on Isis scenarios. Later, the map will be expanded south to provide older scenarios like Operations Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom.

DCS: Marianas World War II

To support the DCS: F6F Hellcat and other PTO aircraft and units coming to DCS, we have been adapting the current Marianas for the past year and into 2024. The map is based on painstakingly researched documents, photos, and accounts of the Mariana Islands in the summer of 1944, at the time of the Battle of the Marianas between the United States and Imperial Japan. This will be a free map that leverages our latest TDK for improved performance and realism.

In parallel with these new product efforts, we will be focusing on continued development of existing modules such as, but not limited to, the F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, and Supercarrier.

Winter Sale Extended

Extended!
Hero3.png

By popular demand, we have extended the DCS Winter Sale by an additional week. Don't miss out on this final opportunity to take advantage of these great deals before it’s too late. Act now and enjoy up to 50% savings before they are gone on the 14th of January 2024 15:00 GMT.

DCS Winter Sale highlights

Modules with a 50% discount

Fixed Wing Helicopters
Terrains
Tech Packs

Campaigns with a 50% discount

Modules with a 40% discount 

Fixed Wing Helicopter

Modules with a 30% discount 

Fixed Wing Helicopter

Campaigns with a 30% discount

Modules with a 25% discount 

Fixed Wing Pre-order 

Campaigns with a 25% discount

Modules with a 20% discount 

Fixed Wing

Upgrades not on sale

• DCS: Normandy 2.0 Upgrade for N1
  • DCS: Normandy 2.0 Upgrade for N1 and TC
  • DCS: Normandy 2.0 Upgrade for TC

Fixed wing not on sale

Terrains not on sale

Campaigns not on sale

Check out our Shop for more details. Enjoy!

Thank you again for your passion and support,

Yours sincerely,

footer.png

• Like 41
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears many "zeros" on the 2024 and Beyond, with others AI PTO units, as other.... interesting some new M1A2 SEP, some UsArmy trucks and many, many more. F6F, A-6E, A-7E, Plane Directors on SuperCarrier....

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

Just wow.  

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

MiG-29 and Iraq. Big announcements.

• Like 12

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

4 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

MiG-29 and Iraq. Big announcements.

and interesting to note that they were the only modules that ED have committed to deliver in 2024, i.e. that the Corsairs, Intruder, Kiowa are not guaranteed for 2024.

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

3 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

and interesting to note that they were the only modules that ED have committed to deliver in 2024, i.e. that the Corsairs, Intruder, Kiowa are not guaranteed for 2024.

Those are all 3rd party aren't they?

• Like 4

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Can't wait ! Thanks for the video !

• Like 2

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

23 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Committed to deliver in 2024?! Where did you get that from? The Newsletter says , quote "Let’s take a brief look at the new aircraft under development in 2024"
Nowhere does it say these will be delivered in 2024. 

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Committed to deliver in 2024?! Where did you get that from? The Newsletter says , quote "Let’s take a brief look at the new aircraft under development in 2024"
Nowhere does it say these will be delivered in 2024. 

Have you seen the Video? (though, admittedly it is not clear to me if that was only referring to the map or to the Fulcrum too?)

image.png

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

18 minutes ago, twistking said:

Are we sure that this is not just an A-8 Anton pretending to be a zero?

Yes you can see them clearly @ 2:25 behind the tank. The funny thing is that the tank's sprocket doesn't move.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, twistking said:

It's not even remotely similar to Anton. But yes, multiple sequences throughout video show it's a Zero allright. The flyby at about 3:26 even shows which version exactly - 5c, albeit sporting inaccurate camo for the period 😉 . Looks like it's the one Rudel was working on for years as his private project, but now officially implemented. The only question is - will M3 (with ED?) try to turn it into flyable module in the future or if it's going to stay AI.

• Like 6

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, dawgie79 said:

A MiG-29. Didn't see that coming. Or an Iraq map. Well. Gotta start saving up! 😉

9 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Have you seen the Video? (though, admittedly it is not clear to me if that was only referring to the map or to the Fulcrum too?)

image.png

Iraq terrain planned for 2024,

no promises about the others listed for 2024, just in development.

thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, dawgie79 said:

A MiG-29. Didn't see that coming. Or an Iraq map. Well. Gotta start saving up! 😉

Iraq was hinted before but MiG-29 is a big surprise.  Fantastic job. 😊 I've been in sims since Atari days, starting with sims like Tomahawk and Mig Alley. Then came Amiga with Gunship 2000, F-117 Nighthawk, Tornado and finally PC sims with Voodoo acceleration dozens of newer titles. The video you presented is jaw-dropping today and was something  beyond wildest dreams in my early sim days. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Iraq terrain planned for 2024,

no promises about the others listed for 2024, just in development.

thank you

Cool, thx for the clarification!

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

34 minutes ago, twistking said:

Please do not assume its alphabetical or numerical value.

It identifies as a Zero. 🙂

• Like 7

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, otaolive said:

Great video as always, and awesome news !

But sad about nothing mentioned or even a minor participation in the video about the Tornado and Typhoon fighters.

2024 & beyond is more about what we have coming, we will share third party news in future newsletters

6 minutes ago, slowmover said:

CH-47F will come out 2024?

Hopefully, it just depends on development progress, we will keep you informed. 

• Like 9

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2