05.01.2024 - 2024 & Beyond | Winter Sale Last Chances

47 minutes ago, Art-J said:

That still doesn't make your opinion relevant. If throughout 2023 they figured that standard US config was the only one they could and were legally allowed to eventually create with acceptable systems fidelity, then that's the only config we can get, at least for now. 3D models change and planned features change during development. Sometimes things are added, sometimes removed. "Everything is subject to change". I've seen it in warbird modules, so it's nothing unusual in DCS.

Ok, what is the problem? Also my opinion "is subject to change", and I really don't appreciate your answer, is not really "correct" to say that an opinion is relevant or not, so please try to be a little more gentlemen with opinions differents than yours. Thank you and have a great new year!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout that infantry movement at 0:25 while they are patrolling! Liking what I’m seeing… Although not really my cup of tea, I’m happy to see the MIG-29, much needed. Excited for WW2 progression as I get more and more into it everyday too . Not so excited about more sand maps, but I’ll buy them anyway. I’m sure there will be a lot of great missions and campaigns revolving around them. C-130, Chinook and Kola Peninsula,  I’m gonna need those like yesterday 😂 Looking forward to a great year!

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

3 hours ago, Ipergallo said:

Edit: Yes I'm sure.

Please, this frame that you have posted is the only visible in the whole video and this frame is very low detailed than about 30 seconds of the very close detailed video of 2023...by the way, in the frame that you posted some central panels of the cockpit are missing. So please, stop with this, It's your opinion, I have my opinion and is different than yours, have a great new year.

The pic posted me previously has at high detail... and you can see the same details of the central and cockpit MDF, and a high detail door.... with never see that detail on a AI unit.

The problem about the 2023 "CH-47F" cockpit, has not match with the UsArmy CH-47F cockpit.
CH-47F_Chinook_helicopter_07-08735_Cockp

ED modeled on the 2023 and beyond a Italian ICH-47F cockpit, no a Us Army CH-47F...
image.png
image.png

some folks note point them on the CH-47 discussion post on january 2023 and ED surely has rework them on 2023.

The exterior model on 2023 and Beyond was the same incorrect Italian ICH-47F

DCS: CH-47F
Much of the 2023 CH-47F work focused on the creation of the external model, cockpit/cargo models as well as systems and FM. The model now accurately reflects a US Army CH-47 from the mid-2000s. Much of the work now involves the finalisation of the flight dynamics and flight control system, along with the many multi-function display pages and sub-pages. As with all DCS aircraft since the Ka-50, the CH-47 will have fully modelled electrical, hydraulic, fuel, and other systems that exist within the simulation as “live” systems to manage voltage, pressure, flow rates, temperatures and all other operational systems. To support advancements in the DCS logistical system, the CH-47F will also be equipped with cargo and sling management capabilities as well as defensive gun positions.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

and interesting to note that they were the only modules that ED have committed to deliver in 2024, i.e. that the Corsairs, Intruder, Kiowa are not guaranteed for 2024.
Those are not from ED
  • Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

The video clearly says at the end "Coming to DCS in 2024" then moves to images of Iraq and the moves on to "Joining Redfor in full fidelity Mig29A"

My opinion only is the only way to read that statement and the video parts after it would be that both are coming in 2024, everything before that would be classed as 2024  and Beyond

But this is ED and times lines and statements change on a monthly basis so my guess is the Mig29 will come later maybe in 2026.

So may be ED will release in 2024, Marianas, Afghanistan (started before Iraq id guess) and also Iraq, module wise from ED my expectations are for nothing new to be released.

3rd party's my expectations are for the F4U, Kiowa, and LA7

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DigitalEngine said:

Was there any hints of the Vulkan api implementation in the 2024 & Beyond video? Nothing was mentioned in the newsletter.
Great video, pleased to see a full fidelity Mig-29 is in the works!

Unfortunately not. 😔

52 minutes ago, Hotdognz said:

The video clearly says at the end "Coming to DCS in 2024" then moves to images of Iraq and the moves on to "Joining Redfor in full fidelity Mig29A"

My opinion only is the only way to read that statement and the video parts after it would be that both are coming in 2024, everything before that would be classed as 2024  and Beyond

But this is ED and times lines and statements change on a monthly basis so my guess is the Mig29 will come later maybe in 2026.

So may be ED will release in 2024, Marianas, Afghanistan (started before Iraq id guess) and also Iraq, module wise from ED my expectations are for nothing new to be released.

3rd party's my expectations are for the F4U, Kiowa, and LA7

I read it that way too, but BigNewy has already said earlier in this thread that Iraq is the only thing they are "planning" to release for 2024.  Anything else would be a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob10 said:

I read it that way too, but BigNewy has already said earlier in this thread that Iraq is the only thing they are "planning" to release for 2024.  Anything else would be a bonus.

Yeh saw that comment too, its amazing they make such bold statements in an official video that everyone is hanging out to see and then retract it back in comments in a discussion about it.

If ED are only going to release one ED made product and its only a map in 2024 it will be a lean year for them $$$ wise I think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

I would agree that that is the default reading of that statement but apparently it is not what they intended. Ah well.  Mig will come when it comes.

2 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Have you thought through the implications otherwise? 😉

Hard to tell. I am worried they lock it to an older build. Technically we could still use it... just not with the most updated build of the game.

As long as I can continue using it with future updates once DCS MIG-29A is out, that is fine.

Edited by Flogger23m

16 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

As per the screenshot.  The way that video flows is with the first 2/3rds being "this lot is on the overall plan, but with no dates", followed by the "coming in 2024" with the clips of Iraq and the Mig29a.  That seems fairly explicit to me.

Well Iraq maybe, the rest not, according their discord.Seems more like the „beyond“ part.

image-78.png?ex=65aaa913&is=65983413&hm=

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hannibal said:

MG42 would be a nice addition to feature doorgun control functionality! 

dcs.jpg

I've wanted infantry MGs for a long time, as of now, if I want a German or American MG, I have to put down a halftrack, and for the US that half track has a .50 cal not a .30 cal(tho I don't think that is moddled a way so that matters.)

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

For me the video was a not high surprise. Yes, of course I will buy the Mig29A if it comes with enough A/G weapons, even is a plane with low flight time because fuel consumption, but the Mig29A was talked about they were doing it for long time, so no real surprise (of course yes to be finally developed).

The IRAQ map is a mehh for me, because even lots of wars has happened there, it is the greatest flat region in the world with lot of desert. When I flought it in MSFS I was sleeping in my cockpit. BUT if it comes with the mountains of IRAN up to TEHERAN, then mmmmm, that would be interestin! So lets see what ED has to say about it. I would preffer it more than going to the south to Kuwait.

But would have liked to have more surprises, or at least advanced in modules we are waiting for long time.

1. Vietnam. Yes, it is going to be produced, but if it is not in the video, how long will be when we have it? I know it can be a third party development, but also the video shows 3rd parties.

2. Where is Afganistan? I would like to see it more than Iraq for the Apaches. Again as Point 1. how far is to be complete if not shown in the video (unless the first base shown is Kabul)

3. it has been said, about the dynamic campaign, and yes.. it is true it is already talked previously but we have been waiting looong time, and more will be I think.

4. Other type of clouds? cumulonimbus, other weather hazards? (pleaseeeeee upgrade that ugly fog system!!!)

5. Chinook is great, but I won't buy it unless there is a more strong logistics gameplay. But I belive that only will come with dynamic campaign.

6. The huge great surprise it would be it ED would announce an Abrams full fidellity tank with multicrew. I play Steelbeasts and I think it can be done great in DCS. Or a CA 2.0

Don't get me wrong! it is great to see such additions comming to DCS. Lots of new helicopters, planes and terrains, but for a person like me that has ALL the aircrafts and terrains developed in DCS, I think I need more gameplay comming, than more terrains, or aircrafts, that I will buy of course (if I have the enough money when they are released) and I think, also gameplay sells even more than new modules. Specially for new people (please!! fix the AI flying with you!!)

Thanks in any case and happy 2024!

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

The IRAQ map is a mehh for me, because even lots of wars has happened there, it is the greatest flat region in the world with lot of desert. When I flought it in MSFS I was sleeping in my cockpit. BUT if it comes with the mountains of IRAN up to TEHERAN, then mmmmm, that would be interestin! So lets see what ED has to say about it. I would preffer it more than going to the south to Kuwait.

My guess is that this will start with Baghdad and Eastern Iraq, and across the border into Iran and the Zagros mountains (Nice looking mountains are shown in the video). That would give an initial map size a bit less than half of the current Syria map. It would be great if this map eventually spans East and the Afghanistan map projects West and they meet in the middle of Iran. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

48 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

For me the video was a not high surprise. Yes, of course I will buy the Mig29A if it comes with enough A/G weapons, even is a plane with low flight time because fuel consumption, but the Mig29A was talked about they were doing it for long time, so no real surprise (of course yes to be finally developed).

Chizh has confirm on the russian forum a Mig-29A 9-12 version. Without CGI yet.

On the newsletter has confirm "north version" with a expansion on the future to the south to simulate Gulf War. The "north" version will be to "connect" (not real) with Caucasus and Syria map. I supouse the south expansion will conect with Persian Gulf map.

But would have liked to have more surprises, or at least advanced in modules we are waiting for long time.

1. Vietnam. Yes, it is going to be produced, but if it is not in the video, how long will be when we have it? I know it can be a third party development, but also the video shows 3rd parties.

None 3rd Party has confirmed yet Vietnam, but we dont know what next maps has builded Ugra media and OnReTech (Confirm "no sand maps").

2. Where is Afganistan? I would like to see it more than Iraq for the Apaches. Again as Point 1. how far is to be complete if not shown in the video (unless the first base shown is Kabul)

Afganistan has been confirmed by Nick and Wags on last interviews, and Nick talk about a "double" release on 2024.

3. it has been said, about the dynamic campaign, and yes.. it is true it is already talked previously but we have been waiting looong time, and more will be I think.

The last DC info, was on december, and develop continue with more features.

4. Other type of clouds? cumulonimbus, other weather hazards? (pleaseeeeee upgrade that ugly fog system!!!)

5. Chinook is great, but I won't buy it unless there is a more strong logistics gameplay. But I belive that only will come with dynamic campaign.

No more updates about Cloud new system, but yo-yo and other has confirmed more work over there. On fact, 2024 and beyond show "wet surfaces" on ships and land.

The logistic gameplay has confirmed comming with the CH-53 and the Airplane Simualtion Company C-130J, on last newsletter.

6. The huge great surprise it would be it ED would announce an Abrams full fidellity tank with multicrew. I play Steelbeasts and I think it can be done great in DCS. Or a CA 2.0

I dont expected them. Has many building blocks missing on DCS to make actualy a DCS SB / CA 2.0. The M1A2 SEP and other stuff on the 2024 and beyond will be more AI assets planned on the past to coming on DCS.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Snappy said:

Well Iraq maybe, the rest not, according their discord.Seems more like the „beyond“ part.

image-78.png?ex=65aaa913&is=65983413&hm=

Now we will have more desert map than the others.

DCS will stay Desert Combat Simulator:thumbsup:

Historically, the map is ok, but it's another near the same area. We have Nevada, we have PG, we have Syria, we have Sinai and now Iraq. Isn't it really worth being a little more ambitious? 

Still no Vietnam or Balkans. I know desert maps are easier to make, but do we really need to only have the Caucasus made many, many & many years ago?

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro