FC2024 | Kola Development Progress | Virtual Carrier Wing 17

Posted (edited)

From their website:

Here are the key features you can expect from the Early Access release:

• Four high-detail areas, focusing on two airports in Finland (EFRO, EFKE) and five in Russia (XLMV, ULAK, RU-1110, RU-4464, ULMM), and their urban and rural surroundings and infrastructure.

Looks like this is the detailed area at EA launch?

6631c92fe2bfa.jpg

Right now i'm a little bit torn. I was really looking forward to this map but i think i will wait until it is in a more finished state, despite this: The early access release comes with a special 20% discount, priced at (USD 55.99), but only for a limited time. As the map evolves with further content the purchase price may also increase.

Edited by unknown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

ORBX was already known by other simulators
for their excellent work before coming to DCS
So why would he do a bad job now?
Personally I have confidence in the result
excellent from the KOLA map (for DCS) for two reasons
1/ ORBX is a reference and 2/ the images seen on KOLA
and I know I will buy KOLA with my eyes closed.
just see what FPS it will give.
Have a good flight everyone:pilotfly:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unknown said:

Desde su sitio web:

Estas son las características clave que puede esperar de la versión de acceso anticipado:

• Cuatro áreas de alto detalle, centradas en dos aeropuertos de Finlandia (EFRO, EFKE) y cinco de Rusia (XLMV, ULAK, RU-1110, RU-4464, ULMM), y su entorno e infraestructura urbana y rural.

¿Parece que esta es el área detallada en el lanzamiento de EA?

6631c92fe2bfa.jpg

Ahora mismo estoy un poco desgarrado. Tenía muchas ganas de ver este mapa, pero creo que esperaré hasta que esté en un estado más terminado, a pesar de esto: la versión de acceso anticipado viene con un descuento especial del 20%, con un precio de (USD 55,99), pero solo por un tiempo limitado. tiempo. A medida que el mapa evoluciona con más contenido, el precio de compra también puede aumentar.

I had not seen it. It is possible that this is the explanation why in the leaked video the images were so ugly, because they were from an unworked area. So looking at the red area of the map in early access, it looks like only a third of the map is done? It is a not very large area 😔

OK. Based on the new images on the Orbx site, I'm 110% in.

• Like 2

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Thanks to all for the over 9 pages of comments above.

• My gut feeling is that I will not be disappointed with my Kola Map purchase.  My South Atlantic purchase left me a little unhappy but I wanted to support Razbam as a new map developer and the technology being adopted.  Same logic goes for Orbx plus I know they have years of experience. 

Good luck to Orbx on Friday! 

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

13 minutes ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Thanks to all for the over 9 pages of comments above.

• My gut feeling is that I will not be disappointed with my Kola Map purchase.  My South Atlantic purchase left me a little unhappy but I wanted to support Razbam as a new map developer and the technology being adopted.  Same logic goes for Orbx plus I know they have years of experience. 

Good luck to Orbx on Friday! 

what's wrong with the South Atlantic map, works great and is very beautiful.

• Like 4

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill 
" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690 MPG DDR4 || i9-14900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4080S|Game1300w|Win11| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2||MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Asus||

11 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

I also really like the South Atlantic map, especially around Ushuaia. I thought I was the only one. 😀

• Like 3

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I understand the frustrations of those who have issues with SA. I don't, but my computer is so old it runs the same all over the map. Could be why I'm happy with it!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

For me the map has gotten better during it's current life of updates.  In the initial early access, some of the ground textures and patterns were very distracting.  Of course they are better now.  The performance of the map has improved but is not as good as some of the other maps like Syria and even Sinai. I just hope that when Razbam and ED resolve their business disagreements we can get some exciting updates for SA again. 

Cheers.  

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
typo "the" lol
  • Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, unknown said:

From their website:

Here are the key features you can expect from the Early Access release:

• Four high-detail areas, focusing on two airports in Finland (EFRO, EFKE) and five in Russia (XLMV, ULAK, RU-1110, RU-4464, ULMM), and their urban and rural surroundings and infrastructure.

6631c92fe2bfa.jpg

Right now i'm a little bit torn. I was really looking forward to this map but i think i will wait until it is in a more finished state, despite this: The early access release comes with a special 20% discount, priced at (USD 55.99), but only for a limited time. As the map evolves with further content the purchase price may also increase.

I am more and more convinced that they are releasing this map much sooner than originally planned.

2 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

There's nothing to do with that: zero content so far.

Edited by LordOrion
  • Like 3

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

58 minutes ago, LordOrion said:

I am more and more convinced that they are releasing this map much sooner than originally planned.

You could be right. Is that wrong in any way? For those sitting on the dense, they'll read what the user impressions are, and might make a more sober un-rushed decision. If the high detailed areas are very good, and no issues with performance, they can get on board, or wait until it's more fleshed out. Even jump ship. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordOrion said:

This. Would be nice if there was a good campaign for South Atlantic, or even some more interesting missions. I'm hopeful that Kola will be better due to the likelihood that we get two DLC campaigns from good campaign developers.

• Like 3

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, LordOrion said:

That what the wonderful mission editor is for. Make your own content. I've had lots of fun on the SA map.

• Like 4

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Beirut said:

That what the wonderful mission editor is for. Make your own content. I've had lots of fun on the SA map.

I get all of my DCS fun the same way, but it's not really realistic to expect that every player has the time, energy, creativity, skills, or even the interest to make their own missions. Also, the mission editor is adequate at best. It lacks some very basic UI functionality (e.g. undo, redo, drag select, etc.) and a ton of gameplay functionality, hence the fact that a large part of the mission-making community has to learn Lua to create the experiences they want to play.

All of that being the case, I think it's pretty reasonable that some/many people want and expect mission content that they don't have to make themselves.

Edited by Pizzicato
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, LordOrion said:

That could be the case, i mean it works fo ED themself(Afghanistan). I just hope that OrbX delivers a good job, i wait for the first user reports especially in regards to low level VR performance in helicopters.

• Like 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

20 hours ago, unknown said:

From their website:

Right now i'm a little bit torn. I was really looking forward to this map but i think i will wait until it is in a more finished state, despite this

Yeah, but say it all, they also detail the next areas and speak of several other airports and more that will be included later on during early access, so it's an early access after all, and they also say that "with the current technology we can't go further in extension and details, but as soon as it's available (Vulkan I guess) we'll extend and detail the map even further". So an usual early access with limited detail but not all the detail it'll include in the end, and still they'll expand even more later on, which maybe be not far away since Vulkan should come some day, maybe this year.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

12 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

Each to their own but...
I am aware it is still in EA and the map is ok if you never descend below 10,000 ft.
Object colours (buildings / vehicles etc) are garish, ground textures are disappointing, there are no seasonal changes. 
I deleted the map a couple of months ago to make room for Kola and Afghanistan. 
Just my opinion of course.

55,99 with a 20% discount? So 69,99 full price? For a map? Even if it was the most beautiful... ehm... third of a map... in the whole simulator, I'll wait until it's discounted by 50%; at that point it will also be completed; 70 euros for a map is not acceptable, in a while they will sell us the simulator in bits and pieces at the price of gold.

7 hours ago, Pizzicato said:

I get all of my DCS fun the same way, but it's not really realistic to expect that every player has the time, energy, creativity, skills, or even the interest to make their own missions. Also, the mission editor is adequate at best. It lacks some very basic UI functionality (e.g. undo, redo, drag select, etc.) and a ton of gameplay functionality, hence the fact that a large part of the mission-making community has to learn Lua to create the experiences they want to play.

All of that being the case, I think it's pretty reasonable that some/many people want and expect mission content that they don't have to make themselves.

You're right. I'm a very sandbox-type flyer and it's certainly not the case everyone flies as I do. 

Maybe I'll have to cross the fence and try a campaign. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

2 hours ago, nessuno0505 said:

55,99 with a 20% discount? So 69,99 full price? For a map? Even if it was the most beautiful... ehm... third of a map... in the whole simulator, I'll wait until it's discounted by 50%; at that point it will also be completed; 70 euros for a map is not acceptable, in a while they will sell us the simulator in bits and pieces at the price of gold.

it seems it's the new price for maps these days 😞 (latest flyable modules are priced at 80$). Both Afghanistan and South Atlantic are at the same price. Sinai and Syria are at 60$

• Like 1

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

17 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

I currently have an issue, where if I’m below roughly 800’, my frame rate goes to single frames.  
It seems to affect all of my aircraft (haven’t tried them all).
My assumption is that below that altitude, the game engine is asking for additional visual data that is swamping my VRAM, as I fly in VR.

I’m very much hoping that the negotiation will resolve itself soon.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

14 hours ago, sthompson said:

This. Would be nice if there was a good campaign for South Atlantic, or even some more interesting missions. I'm hopeful that Kola will be better due to the likelihood that we get two DLC campaigns from good campaign developers.

I make my own , and there are several interesting missions for SA.  Lots of low level through the fjords to knock out BadGuy(tm) SAM sites and clear the way to knock out other assorted and sundry BadGuy(tm) installations.  Some A2A here and there.  A bit of this, a lot of that, a training area to practice specific skills, some formations, A2AR, CV ops...

Learning the mission editor makes pretty much everything else possible.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sthompson said:

Kola will be better due to the likelihood that we get two DLC campaigns from good campaign developers.

but those campaigns are for two specific aircraft, what happens if you want to fly the Viggen or a Mig-21? ... using the Mission Editor is what really unlocks a map usefulness, not waiting for someone else to sell a Campaign.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I wonder if any streamers are going to have it today to show off the map before release?

• Like 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals