Will a printed manual be made available?

Squid_DK

Count me in for a colour copy.

Maybe someone should put a rough poll up, £16.99 for B&W (current Black Shark manual cost on Amazon), or say £39.99 for full colour? If it helped, I think the pre-order system could be good, so long as they don't go and update the PDF copies soon after the paper manual is printed :)

Count me in for a colour copy.

Maybe someone should put a rough poll up, £16.99 for B&W (current Black Shark manual cost on Amazon), or say £39.99 for full colour? If it helped, I think the pre-order system could be good, so long as they don't go and update the PDF copies soon after the paper manual is printed :)

Count me in for a full colour to :thumbup: And what is say£39.99 ca 600 sek

That is what you pay for a Good Book! I can go up to 1000 sek for a Full colour manual

Edited by sofie_59

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

How about only having parts of the manual in colour? Personally I don't see a real need for most parts to be printed in colour, only sections on the MFCDs and any other system where symbology/switch/indicator light colour is important would really benefit in my opinion.

I don't know if that would make a difference in price, but I would think it'd be cheaper if use of colour is limited to where it really matters.

Either way, I'll be buying.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• ED Team
How about only having parts of the manual in colour? Personally I don't see a real need for most parts to be printed in colour, only sections on the MFCDs and any other system where symbology/switch/indicator light colour is important would really benefit in my opinion.

I don't know if that would make a difference in price, but I would think it'd be cheaper if use of colour is limited to where it really matters.

Either way, I'll be buying.

OK - we will investigate further

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

I would definately prefer a colour manual having purchased in the past prior manuals in B & W. And I would be willing to pay extra for it.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

The Modern Hog Guide (Red Air Publications, 2007) has only 120 pages, and it's $40. I guess DCS: A-10C Warthog's manuals will be at least as long as DCS: Ka50 Black Shark (548 pages, $30). I think price could be lower if just a critical range would be printed in colour, but I'm willing to pay the premium for not only a game manual but also a most up to date and precise book on any modern western aircraft. And it's munitions.

:)

More like 700 pages right now.

BoomHeadShot.gif

That's a lot of pages!

:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Well, manual is something you don't have to buy every week, so Hard back and colour should be the one to go for, even if it's more expensive as long as it going to last. I personally don't like ring bound, remainds me of cheap A-Z and I start loosing pages second time I open it. It should be a properly made colour hardback to last, a definete buy. Love Quality!

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While I would prefer colour, I would prefer having a printed manual at all even more. :)

So if black and white it must be, then I'll be fine with it.

But certainly, if there is a chance we can have it in colour, I'd definitely order it.

Itkovian

Ok Jim, count me in Again, Just love the job on the blackshark Manual, and can see this one being even better. Not only have you guys giving me the best heli sim in the world, Now you are doing it for my favorate combat fixed wing.

I dont think im ever gonna thank you enough.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 1 month later...
Well, manual is something you don't have to buy every week, so Hard back and colour should be the one to go for, even if it's more expensive as long as it going to last. I personally don't like ring bound, remainds me of cheap A-Z and I start loosing pages second time I open it. It should be a properly made colour hardback to last, a definete buy. Love Quality!

I would prefer a hardcover manual aswell. I had a bad experience with the ring-bound BlackShark manual (e.g. A few pages in the rear coming out or ripping).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I would pay ANYTHING for a full colour, and hard cover spiral bound manual. Preferably printed on slightly thicker paper then the 'bible paper' on the KA50 printed manual.

Seriously I would be looking into supplying it in colour. The demand is there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

I would agree that trying to find a balance between black and white and color. with only parts in color to keep the price down a bit, would be a good idea. But if its too pricey at the end of the day, I would prefer to see a B&W printed manual that more people can afford than a color one that only a few people would buy. The Black Shark manual is very useable....if anything, tabbed sections would be nice!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Oh yes, Tabbed sections would be awesome.

Or possibly flat binding.

I'd prefer b/w to keep costs down (if I want colour, I'll look at the game), but found the ring binding to be a minor irritation as the pages start to clump after a couple of weeks because they aren't forced to the same margin. Haven't had any pages come out, but it would be nice to be able to fan quickly through for the section I'm looking for, as opposed to the pages separating into lumps.

Just a thought, I'll buy it if you print in scroll form.

3 ring binder vs spiral is a very old arguement, way beyond this game :) I remember using ...excuse my old military venacular..."paper assholes" to repair many 3 ring binder T.O. (technical orders) in the USAF on night shift and I prefer spiral myself. The pages don't flip as easy but then again they don't tear out as easy either....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add my plea for a Colour, spiral bound manual with Tabs.

I'll pay whatever it costs, not that "money is no object" but with the amount of work that has gone into this sim, I see it as being a good investment in my Sim Fun Time for a good few years.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

I am on the spiral bound and colour, Tabs optional. I loved the Janes manuals made it easy to go thrue and they were compact. I liked the F/A-18E one the best. It was just the right size. (hint, hint)

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I'm curious if the military prints their manuals in color. No, I am not one of those that must have everything an exact clone of the military. I'm simply just wondering.

Mower,

Obviously a lot of people could.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P