Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

And I'm getting a 2500 dollar guitar this week,so there you forced my confession,I dont have enough spare funds to get both lol

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On their Blog they quote :

"We’re deep into development on the consumer Rift. We have a lot more planned, including improvements to comfort, resolution, tracking, software, ergonomics, optics, industrial design, and the overall experience."

So I will wait for the cv.

Win10, i5 3570K@4GHz, OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX 980, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Cougar MFD, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, TrackIR5

"We’re deep into development on the consumer Rift. We have a lot more planned, including improvements to comfort, resolution, tracking, software, ergonomics, optics, industrial design, and the overall experience."

Ditto, The new Reebok Ribcore skates are out in a week and that's about $700+

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Just got clearance from the :worthy: "Admiral" and my order is now placed :thumbup:

Edited by Chazz_BMF

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

So now that the cat is out of the bag about DK2,I wonder if the kits ED and Wags have been using the past month or so are DK2?

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I was waiting for too long... all these months of hesitation whether or not to buy DK1. Well since they did not announce anything relating release date of Consumer version I'm buying DK2.

Probably will sell it later before CV release so why not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

I was waiting for too long... all these months of hesitation whether or not to buy DK1. Well since they did not announce anything relating release date of Consumer version I'm buying DK2.

Probably will sell it later before CV release so why not.

If I were to get DK2, and then CV, DK2 would be a hand me down to my brother, as he would need something for star citizen.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

x2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

So now that the cat is out of the bag about DK2,I wonder if the kits ED and Wags have been using the past month or so are DK2?

I doubt that it has any effect on his NDA.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I also have to dig for my DVI->HDMI Adapter, since I use all DisplayPorts for my screens.

meh, I got til July.

From their website:

Included Accessories:

HDMI to DVI Adapter

DC Power Adapter

International Power Plugs

Nearsighted lens cups

Lens cleaning cloth

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Ordered as well! I already tried the previous 1080p prototype, but I can't wait to try the low persistence stuff!

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Patiently waiting for CV1.

Gnnnnnn, hard to resist...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Neeed.......... to........... resist............the urge.......... to buy.........

You will fail miserably...

As I did :D

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

How much better is what I want to know,

Dk2 has everything I need,

If CV has Earphones, Extra USB Ports, etc etc etc, I dont need that stuff.

unless its a better screen, then It's pointless to me.

I also have to dig for my DVI->HDMI Adapter, since I use all DisplayPorts for my screens.

meh, I got til July.

Neeed.......... to........... resist............the urge.......... to buy.........

So hard to resist!!! Desperate to try it and also wanna free up some space in my home 'pit'.

They do say however that the CV will have higher resolution and refresh rate (?1600p) which is why I may wait.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Very very tempting.

Palmer had said at an interview earlier this year, that the DK2 and CV1 would be the same just one released earlier than the other.

But see this VIDEO

When interviewed with Endgadget, at 3:10 he specifically says that "DK2 is NOT the consumer version." "If you are not a Developer do NOT buy it" (his emphasis to camera, not mine)

"CV is going to have Higher Resolution, lower weight, higher framerate, and will be better in so many ways."

".......CV will be 90Hz or higher"

Methinks, a new higher res OLED screen is for definite and for that alone I am going to punish myself and wait for the CV, just hope it's not too long. :thumbup:

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

I could not resist and pre-order DK2. Due to invoice number, I am 184455-th in the list...

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

I want it so bad. Giveme giveme giveme.

I not sure I can wait for the Consumer version.

Only things stopping me is wider support for games I play. (not sure if DCS will natively support Oculas rift positional head tracking by July?) and has anyone reliably sorted out the view distortion needed?

I also have no money as getting married in June!! I could order after as a wedding present but then might have to wait ages for availability.

Not very confident my 5 year old Intel Q6600 and GeForce 560 Ti 1GB combo will run any games at 1920 x 2160 at 75 FPS!

Edited by jib
Spelling

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Why would it need to? the DK2 screen is 1920x1080

hum yes slight miscalculation on my part when I was writing my post I did 960 x 1080 per eye and multiplied both by 2 instead of just the horizontal resolution.

Still DCS runs no where near 75 FPS when I am near City's or on busy missions on my current 1920x1080 display.

There is talk of the consumer version having a higher resolution panel but I am a bit sceptical because they really want to keep the price down, probable in the second version of the consumer version they will up the resolution I think.

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey