DCS World - An Overview Video

Wags

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread alone have over 7000 hits in less then 24hrs.

The whole sim world is talking about the new modules. I personally look forward to F-15C, Cobra and Su-27SM. I really hope they're DCS level, and dual cockpit on the Cobra.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Well, Su-27SM is interesting, however it seems to odd Russian could spare manual for true representation of Flanker in the game. I understand old and rusty Ka-50, perhaps Su-22, MiG-27 and Su-27S which are grandpas too. But Su-27SM is quite new and Russians like to keep they toys hidden.

Yeah, that's quite puzzling unless they were working on some software for the RuAF and got some deal?

Love the Mi-24 news (V variant?), I could have used this announcement before I wasted my money on the Take On Helicopters Hind..

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

UH-1H, Mi-8MTV-2, AH-1G, Mi-24, OH-58 and all the rest!! awesome. The Total war!!

Only thing missing is a AH-64A/D tho but if above list becomes reality - within a not to distant future - rotorheads will have a blast!

:thumbup:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is how future updates/patches to the DCS-engine/modules will be handled?

Will we have to buy updates/patches to each module like before (i.e BS1 > BS2 etc.) or will these module updates/patches be free and we pay for DCS-engine updates like new maps etc. only? In short - how will things work now when the DCS World engine is consolidated and the long waited module concept is a reality?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

One thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is how future updates/patches to the DCS-engine/modules will be handled?

Will we have to buy updates/patches to each module like before (i.e BS1 > BS2 etc.) or will these module updates/patches be free and we pay for DCS-engine updates like new maps etc. only? In short - how will things work now when the DCS World engine is consolidated and the long waited module concept is a reality?

/KC

This was explained already, there won't be any more "patches" for existing module just to make them compatible with newer modules like happened with BS1->BS2.

Any module thas becomes part of DCS World can have updates for that module (like fixing outstanding bugs if any found) and any new update for DCS World is self explanatory... DCS World will be updated and anything in it (module) will get it.

If someone releases new module it's like adding new person into room, anyone that's already in that room will see it and be able to talk to it :D

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

Mi-24, Mi-24, Mi-24 !!!!!! :)) Fantastic news!!!

Indeed, this a real awesome news...I think that we´ll have a lot of fun with this bird

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Only thing missing is a AH-64A/D tho but if above list becomes reality - within a not to distant future - rotorheads will have a blast!

:thumbup:/KC

I feel exactly the same, I hope ED will release a flyable AH64 before 2020 :D

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Takes a little time to process - optimistically, within 4-5 years or so the list of aircraft available for DCS may read as follows:

- AH-1G Cobra

- Ka-50 Black Shark

- Mi-24 Hind

- Mi-8MTV2 Hip

- UH-1H Huey

- Sa-342 Gazzelle

- OH-58 Kiowa

- A-7 Corsair II

- AV-8B Harrier II

- A-10A/C Warthog

- F-5 Tiger II

- F-14A/D Tomcat

- F-15C Eagle

- F-15E Strike Eagle

- F/A-18C Hornet

- F/A-18E Super Hornet

- F-22 Raptor

- F-86F Sabre

- F-100D Thunderbird

- F-104 Starfighter

- T-2 Buckeye

- T-38A Talon

- Tornado GR-4

- Eurofighter Typhoon

- Dassault Mirage 2000

- Dassault Mirage F1

- MiG-15 Fagot

- MiG-21Bis Fishbed

- MiG-29A/S Fulcrum

- Su-25 Frogfoot

- Su-25T Frogfoot

- Su-27SM Flanker

- Su-33 Flanker-D

- Su-34 Fullback

- P-51D Mustang

- FW-190 Würger

- Aermacchi MB.339

- Aermacchi SF.260

- L-39 Albatros ZA/ZO

- L-29 Maya

- Fiat G.91

- AMX International AMX

- BAE Systems Hawk

- BD-5J

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Yeah, that's quite puzzling unless they were working on some software for the RuAF and got some deal?

DCS quality simulator for SU-27SM with proper cockpit, would be great (and cheap) marketing asset to Sukhoi and perfect demonstration software on international fairs. ;)

We're guessing here, but very soon we'll know the truth.

Sy27SM... almost a dream come true...

R77s and Kh31A/P..... pooor poor blue force wont even know what hit them apart from the kill msg...

The hornet.... yes .... not bad.... but still has to get CLOSE to the Russian SAMs....ohhh and get trough the SMs....

Mi24.... ohhh boy... that is a beast.... if the model will have the ability to mount the R73 or the Igla on dual rails....

i wonder if it will have the digital stuff... but the hind??

my day and this shit week just got a whloe tol better...

so... where is that 1.2.3 patch again?

The biggest news and surprise is announcement of SU-27SM. If this turns out to be true, there are some major implications:

1. SU-27SM is (will be) the new, undisputed Ruler of the DCSW skies :P

2. It proves that is feasible to model gen 4+ Russian aircraft regardless of the new anti-spy laws in RF.

3. It proves that ED more than cares and is prompt to address community concerns regarding recent relegation of Russian aircraft development.

4. I'll spend more money, and hundreds of hours mastering the aircraft. Divorce is very probable outcome ... :D

Now, entering wait game ... :helpsmilie:

Maybe someday ED will do the same with the Ka50 and give us the Ka50N and Ka50Sh. And maybe, who knows, a Ka52??:cry::cry::cry:

Maybe someday ED will do the same with the Ka50 and give us the Ka50N and Ka50Sh. And maybe, who knows, a Ka52??:cry::cry::cry:

Then you will need to make a homepit upgrade... Are you sure of that? :lol:

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

yes

all aircraft in the videos

F/A-18C

SU-27SM

F-15C

FW-190

MIG-21

F-86F

L-29

UH-1H

MI-8MTV2

AH-1G

Mi-24

OH-58

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb