DCS World - An Overview Video

Wags

oh yeah i agree with a 2 releases per year.. this is actually quite allot .. since it takes 2-3 months to really get into the certain module, than enjoy the hell of it the rest of the 4-6 months.. and before you know it, the next one come out..

man, this will be amazing..

• Like 1

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes me think, maybe they were working on it all the time, but they just didn't want to announce it yet.

I believe it´s save to say that quite some work has gone into these modules before their announcement. This has been implied and even stated directly at several occasions and I would guess it´s generally applicable to all of ED´s projects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

pacify this community.:)

If i have learned one thing over these past few years, then it is that there is no way in frikkin hell to pacify a flightsim community. :D

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If i have learned one thing over these past few years, then it is that there is no way in frikkin hell to pacify a flightsim community. :D

Hey I am an optimist........some days. ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hey I am an optimist........some days. ;)

Yeah when all the aircrafts in service from all over the world will be playable with a full clickable cockpit...

... I would be probably dead before it happens :cry:

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

it was worse during Janes Combat.net days... trust me.. it's before "Moderators" had a serious position in the Chat/Forums.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yeah when all the aircrafts in service from all over the world will be playable with a full clickable cockpit...

... I would be probably dead before it happens :cry:

Well we were all looking at death Dec. 21 2012 with no release of anything in sight... :music_whistling: That's my weak attempt of a bright side to your statement. ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

@teapot .. trying to paint me anti-west will not work, as i have stated many times a simple fact that Silent Eagle (the most up-to-date F-15) is more than able to fight anything out there at the moment, and have stated also F-22 has no equals ..

I didn't paint you any which way. You do that all by yourself! :D

i don't have a bias towards REALITY such as a modern fighter that is up-to-date(and Su-27SM certainly belongs to this category) has a serious electronic advantage and radar advantage vs. the original basic F-15C from the 90s..

As you present these ... it comes across as your opinion, obviously based on what you've assessed, but how about sharing some sources ... so others may draw their own conclusions? As it stands you come across as saying "well this is my assessment and if you don't agree you all must be stupid". In fact I believe you actually used words to that effect in one of your posts in this thread.

for you to be this "bias" or whatever you mentioned means you are the one biased.. sorry if i "hurt" your feelings because of stating facts..

Again ... you haven't shared any facts (and you haven't "hurt" my feelings either :D). You've shared the results of *your* fact finding without providing a primary (or even a secondary) source. You could very well be right in your assessment, but you should share sources and *then* discuss. Not start scoffing at the possibility that some might disagree ... before anyone else sees the sources; which form the basis for your conclusions.

for you to say those are not facts is like saying intel processor i7 is not better then Celeron from the 2002 because i don't provide you with the "link" to prove my words )) lol.. sorry, i cannot provide link for logic.. you are on your own there..

have a nice day old chap..

Well, this is exactly what I mean. You appear to be using an odious debating tactic to show how 'stupid' the other side must be .. however comparisons of the i7 and the Celeron have no actual bearing on the discussion at hand ... except to highlight yet again that you don't know how to participate in civilized discussion ... old chap :megalol:.

Look mate, I'm just sayin' lay off the strident approach a bit ... let us savour the moment (we know a bit more about the future planes) and we'll all toss around the figures and comparisons when the planes are actually released! Up to this point it will all be conjecture!

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Quickest 26 page thread Ever

lol Let the infighting begin! Oh, wait... :P

People are already saying this and that isn't on the list: F-16, Apache etc. Don't you know by now that when ED give gold it's actually bronze because they never, ever give out gold until said gold is well along in the development which means if they're working on the Hornet, Sabre, FW etc then they must be well on their way. And do recall even then everything is subject to change. :D

My advice would be to settle down and buckle down because we're about to get blown away after the next few announcements. I just know it. :P

• Like 1

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

lol Let the infighting begin! Oh, wait... :P

People are already saying this and that isn't on the list: F-16, Apache etc. Don't you know by now that when ED give gold it's actually bronze because they never, ever give out gold until said gold is well along in the development which means if they're working on the Hornet, Sabre, FW etc then they must be well on their way. And do recall even then everything is subject to change. :D

My advice would be to settle down and buckle down because we're about to get blown away after the next few announcements. I just know it. :P

considering it took you till page 32 to quote that post...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

i'm not sure its soo easy as you say, i mean air-to-air is about putting pixels on the radar that represents planes etc.. air-to-ground is pretty much painting the whole ground, clutter, .. there are bridges, roads, railways, railway carts, buildings, ..etc.. all this in the right and correct way as it is in game world in the ground as it is..

this i think is a bit more cpu intensive than air-to-air where there is no clutter, ..empty air and whatever stands out from the air-metal formations flying and moving up and down..

If F4/BMS can have a A2G radar, I believe Ed can make it work also.

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Everybody is talking about those boring fast pipes, but what about Kiowa? Will it be an early "Vietnam" version, or Kiowa Warrior, ver. "D" or above?

It would be great, doing armed scouting, sending targets by datalink (SADL?), doing JTAC missions... it's dream come true :D

Edited by Suchacz

Maybe a small tutorial from DCS team on youtube about ME could help to get others to make a good missions or campaigns

This would be greatly appreciated if you're listening wags :thumbup: A big tutorial would be more ideal though, every time I play with the ME, I feel like I'm barely even scratching the surface.... I haven't even found a way of starting aircraft on the ground yet for example, never mind how to script a believable mission.... I will get round to braving that manual when I get some proper time of work.... never then.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

If you have any ME (mission editor) questions please post them here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Myself and a few other dedicated mission builders try to respond to any query. However to answer your question, place a aircraft or helicopter group and set the first waypoint "type" to be either "takeoff from ramp" or "takeoff from runway".

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

This Popped up in my Facebook Feed, Had to share it.

321449_404431756303605_2083542635_n.jpg.569812b5d80b6ff776ac970d7ff92c89.jpg

• Like 1

:megalol: Truth right there.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

How many seats are in that bomber? Do we have any dual seat aircraft yet? Do we have any bombers yet? I doubt we will for a long time.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Damn how did I miss this video and thread, just found it . Sadly at work so can't watch it just yet, but looking through here, I see people are mentioning, Cobra's , Hind's, OH-58's now please please tell me. You guys are not messing with my head are you.

As a rotor head I dream of more helis in DCS World.

Is this official or just what we are guessing via the video.

If its official then it's Party time

Dcs will have just put itself into my No1 sim of all time and it can have any of my money it wants. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: