Huey wish list

ebabil

A civilian version with higher skids, wire strike protection system and a winch would be soooo cool :thumbup:

Why not make it like the checkbox for the mustang in the mission editor, to chose whether it is civilian or not ? !

That would be a workaround, so the 3d model in game would not need to switch between civilian (higher skids) and military (lower skids) when you arm or disarm the helicopter.

Simply make it impossible to load weapons when it was set civilian.

(OOTTOMH I don't know right now if it's possible to arm the mustang set to civilian)

EDIT:

Inspired by Lib's post, how about mirrors at the lower windows to see below the helicopter or maybe straight down to see attached cargo ? !

Greetings

MadCat

Edited by -=MadCat=-

This is almost more of a DCS wish, not specifically Huey, but can we please get radio frequencies listed as UHF or VHF instead of just 'MHz' in the briefings? No one (in US operations, I don't think) says 'MHz,' they will specify UHF/Uniform or VHF/Victor.

Yeah, most people say 'two two five point seven-five on uniform', or just 'two two five point seven five.' Looking at a frequency, you should know right away which radio it is, though.

Uniform is going to be all of your 225 and above freqs, victor will be 118 and above freqs, and all of your xx.xx radio frequencies are on the FM radio. This explains it a little better than me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airband

Oh yeah, on topic, I would love to have a night time based campaign. I thought of doing a campaign where a special group was supposed to hunt down high value targets in South Ossetia, and were given Hueys so as to not be able to tie things back to the originating government, with most missions happening at night with infils and exfils into villages, and onto city rooftops. The player could alternate between performing the infils and exfils, and providing gunship support. I tried to start this in the mission editor, but my lack of experience slowed me down, and quite frankly, it seemed a little daunting.

Edited by heloguy

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know if this discussed before.

My biggest wish for now: please make door gunners view controls separated from machine gun controls. Or at least separated from pilot view (add separate view controls in “huey-gunner” tab).

I knew about “no track-ir” checkbox. However, it works only with track-ir. Any other head-tracking devices (which use generic “joystick” axes) are unaffected by this setting.

I am sorry for my poor English.

Рожденный ползать летит недолго.

Don't honestly know if it was already mentioned.

Please add all the definite button commands that are either not implemented at all (yet), or at the moment just work as toggle switches.

Things like the anti collision switch, governor, main fuel switch, etc.

For all those toggle switches I already tried to create stateful commands in the .lua files, to no avail at all.

Please add all those definite switch positions!

Greetings

MadCat

• 2 weeks later...

Could You Please Map All Of The Huey Pilot Sight Commands To The Hotas

Could you possibly map all of the Pilot Sight commands to the Hotas. The "Pilot Sight On/Off" is mapped but by adding the "Pilot Sighting Station Intensity" and the "Pilot Sight Elevation" to the Hotas also could make it easier for the user.

Thank you!

Could you possibly map all of the Pilot Sight commands to the Hotas. The "Pilot Sight On/Off" is mapped but by adding the "Pilot Sighting Station Intensity" and the "Pilot Sight Elevation" to the Hotas also could make it easier for the user.

Thank you!

You can do this in the options.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

• ED Team

Its been said before,

but I really want my door gunners AI to work independently under fire.

With maybe a radio intercom fkey option for fire and cease fire

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

MY WL

1- Flight training course w/pass/fail for each module of training ..Cross country flight as final

before being able to run missions. (sim mode)

2- Improved interaction with ATC , ongoing communications,handoffs etc.

3- Real world aviation traffic (civ/mil), Operation guidelines c/m

4- Civil aviation missions (HEMS/SAR/FD/PD/VIP/CARGO/CHARTER)

5- Visual cargo/load (passengers,equip.)

6- Gunners/Crew Chief call out targets,terrain

7- Increase vibration/shake to AC during all aspects of flight

8- Visible pilot body.

9- New terrain options

10- New civ traffic (road/water)

11-UH-1 B as a dedicated Gun Ship

12- Auto self destruct for anybody that plays CCR Fortunate Son :thumbup:

I do not know if this discussed before.

My biggest wish for now: please make door gunners view controls separated from machine gun controls. Or at least separated from pilot view (add separate view controls in “huey-gunner” tab).

I knew about “no track-ir” checkbox. However, it works only with track-ir. Any other head-tracking devices (which use generic “joystick” axes) are unaffected by this setting.

I am sorry for my poor English.

I would also like to see the gunners have a view camera separate from the gun movement, so you could look with trackIR but aim with the mouse. I think it is better for immersion, not to mention that someone might not want to have their gun pointing in the direction they are looking (such as looking at a friendly).

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

• 2 weeks later...
I would also like to see the gunners have a view camera separate from the gun movement, so you could look with trackIR but aim with the mouse. I think it is better for immersion, not to mention that someone might not want to have their gun pointing in the direction they are looking (such as looking at a friendly).

There is a statement from the devs somewhere about this. They said, that a engine limitation occurs here...

EDIT: I found a quotation for you

I completely agree with you and have discussed it with the team, but unfortunately it is not currently possible for us to assign axes to the mouse separately from the view control. This is a universal DCS limitation for the moment.

I think this is too much to ask right?

We need just one... Pleeaase?? xD

:D

image.php?id=337&type=detail&thumb=1

Edited by Suchacz

You might wan't to add Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyrie" to that ;-)

Though I won't mind having a radio in the cockpit...

12- Auto self destruct for anybody that plays CCR Fortunate Son :thumbup:

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Might happen as a payware project at some point, but someone doing all that work for free? No way José ;)

I know is too much, but at least a moving map with waypoints capability could be useful.

You think that classified on the "free" category? :megalol:

BTW: My name is Christian not José ;)

I know is too much, but at least a moving map with waypoints capability could be useful.

For me the dead reconing, navigation with only a map, compas, and stopwatch is the most beloved thing in flying those oldschool machines like UH1, Mi-8 or Mustang :smilewink:

For me the dead reconing, navigation with only a map, compas, and stopwatch is the most beloved thing in flying those oldschool machines like UH1, Mi-8 or Mustang :smilewink:

Of course it is! I love VFR and traditional navigation. But the huey still flying these days with some upgrated avionics. It could be great to keep it up to date! Just a wish :)

• 3 weeks later...