Huey wish list

ebabil

...before the question arises: You can also untick the 'IR Exhaust Suppression' box on the last tab, to remove the stove pipe and additional engine cover shields.

That way you have a 'real' civilian Huey!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

:huh:

Just untick "External Hardpoints" at the loadout tab?

That's not an ideal solution though. It's a take it or leave it solution.

What I meant is that you should be able to enable/disable the hardpoint meshes in the same way you can the weapon meshes on the model.

So you add/remove the hardpoints the same as you do the weapons, or each hardpoint is enabled/disabled when a weapon is added/removed.

That way not only can you have a "proper" civilian Huey (not that it would be proper because you'd also have to remove the flex/pilot sights as well) but you could also have it so that you only have the hardpoints for the door gunner M60's, thus being able to have a true "slick".

The current "External Hardpoints" tick box is just a fudge, it removes all hardpoints or leaves them all on regardless of the weapon loadout.

That way not only can you have a "proper" civilian Huey (not that it would be proper because you'd also have to remove the flex/pilot sights as well) but you could also have it so that you only have the hardpoints for the door gunner M60's, thus being able to have a true "slick".

The current "External Hardpoints" tick box is just a fudge, it removes all hardpoints or leaves them all on regardless of the weapon loadout.

I like the idea of individual weapon Hardpoints managed with the loadout, but if I remember correct the gunsight s are deactivated with the civilian hueys for quite a while already! (Not at the PC at the moment)

I agree a "no doors" option (especially taking the weight into account) would be really cool!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...
Any way we can get a doors off option? it will make it much more fun and effective for external load operations. Especially with the oculus!

+1

Also a virtual pilot body for the rift.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

A correct Simulated Collective and FD ;)

you have to keep in mind, that also the Collective on the DCSHuey itself is a little buggy... when you look at the torquegauge and listen to the engine during a flight, esp. in fast hover around a small landing place or with slingload...

i hope they fix that. in my opinion a huge issue..

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125829

i wish: developer to say something about huey...

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I purchased DCS Huey (during the last Autumn Sale) and I must say that this definitely my favourite DCS module! Thanks for this great module!

I don't know if this is the right thread but I would like to request/wish the following:

I wish/would like to have a Canadian CH-146 Griffon (Bell 412) module.

I'm asking this here because of the following reasons:

- The CH-146/Bell 412 belongs to the Huey family.

- Since the CH-146/Bell 412 belongs to the same family many things that are already modeled in the current DCS UH-1H could "easily" be ported into a CH-146/Bell 412 module, stuff like for example: door mounted machine guns such as the Miniguns, the cockpit and cabin layout are very similar (albeit some instruments are different), crew arrangement (2 pilots and 2 gunners seated on the same place), crew management menu, the "auto-pilot" menu/features. I could be wrong but flight and damage models in general are probably very similar between both helicopter models and also making changes from the current UH-1H 3D model in order to look like a CH-146/Bell 412 would be much easier than making a new CH-146/Bell 412 model from scratch, isn't it?

- I believe that the CH-146/Bell 412 would be a great addition because it's a quite modern helicopter (a bit opposed to the UH-1H which is starting to get old and being phased out) and it's not only in use within the Canadian Forces, but it's also used in other nations modeled in DCS such as Italy (where it's one of the Army's main utility helicopters), Norway, Netherlands and even in the UK (albeit here, in training roles only).

I would also like to request the following which can be related or not to the point mentioned above (CH-146/Bell 412):

Please, add to the list of available door mounted machine gun the GAU-21/M3M .50 cal heavy machine gun to the DCS:UH-1H :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm addicted to the Belsimtek Huey. It's so damn fun and challenging to fly.

I think the coolest addition they could make right now would be along the lines of Medevac and troop transport.

I want to see the troops running to and away from the chopper. Hanging off the edge of the helicopter Vietnam style.

This would also add further challenges to flying since the added weight of the troops would greatly affect the flight model.

I'd also love to see a "Mcguire Rig"type device where you can repel troops down into tight spaces. Would be pretty cool and challenging trying to hold a high hover.

Also- I could be wrong but I don't think there is a Tail Rotor failure option in the game. I'd love to be able to simulate these similarly to autorotation.

Lastly - an automatic grenade launcher. Was used quite often in Vietnam.

Edited by Flanker52

I bought this module looking forwards to being able to use the crew, employ weapons, sling loads, countermeasures. So while it's great that most of these features have been implemented (and looking forwards to one day coop crew also) - it feels like the campaign and missions aren't going to be "backfilled" to make use of the added functionality.

I love flying the Huey - but the missions and campaign are quite empty because, even though new abilities are there, they aren't being introduced and I'm not really using them: ie countermeasures, slingloads and even using gunner commands in campaign etc.

My request therefore is: Another campaign (or reworked original) + suite of missions showcasing the finalised functionality of DCS Huey, (and so not just the limited initial functionality)

That would be absolutely fantastic :)

• 1 month later...

A Pakistan Army Aviation Huey for me.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
A Pakistan Army Aviation Huey for me.

What I know Pakistan has bell 412 which is advance version and i think dual engines. I hope they develop it and a payable upgrade won't heart us. I would like some Pakistan Army skins. I know a modder/skinner can develop it but I haven't seen any Pakistani modders.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• 3 weeks later...

Belsimtek,

Could we please have an IR Pointer / illuminator added to the door M134 miniguns & M60 for night designation?

Please make this pointer / illuminator visible to multiplayer clients that have their NVG's activated

This would be great for target coordination between clients.

B.E. Meyers supplied most of the pointers / illuminators for them. IZLID 200P and IZLID 1000P

b1d647b667be8d4e94f6961dac47d9bd.jpg

Please make the IR Anti-Collision lights(NVG Position Lights) visible to all clients wearing activated NVG's.

Pilots could then turn off visible wavelength lighting thus only using IR.

You have the switch in the cockpit, you have the lights on the airframe model, just needs to be seen by client NVG gear.

Thank you,

Monnie

Edited by MonnieRock

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Belsimtek,

Could we please have an IR Pointer / illuminator added to the door M134 miniguns & M60 for night designation?

Please make this pointer / illuminator visible to multiplayer clients that have their NVG's activated

This would be great for target coordination between clients.

B.E. Meyers supplied most of the pointers / illuminators for them. IZLID 200P and IZLID 1000P

b1d647b667be8d4e94f6961dac47d9bd.jpg

Please make the IR Anti-Collision lights(NVG Position Lights) visible to all clients wearing activated NVG's.

Pilots could then turn off visible wavelength lighting thus only using IR.

You have the switch in the cockpit, you have the lights on the airframe model, just needs to be seen by client NVG gear.

Thank you,

Monnie

Oh yes! I would like that.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I understand some feature of the huey will only become available once ED will work on it but can we expect any update from belsimtek in the meanwhile ?

There's a few things I'm really surprised not to see already in the game, the first one being the ability to have door gunners without the forward attachment point.

I know it really is just a detail but isn't it how we all picture the huey in our minds ?

bp4.jpg

NAMAVA28.gif

And furthermore, having the ability to just have the rear attachment point if you don't use the forward mounted miniguns

0387994.jpg

Another purely cosmetic wish: a "doorless" huey

1232961.jpg

I know very little about game development but those modifications seem really small to me, basically just removing what's already there.

Edited by Eight Ball

A doorless one will be nice.

What would be nice is if it factored in the drag from open/no doors.:pilotfly:

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Huey Suggestion List 1/2

I've gone through all 32 pages of suggestions in this topic and compiled a list.

Entries are trimmed where possible, spelling and grammar are untouched.

Categories were assigned as accurately as possible.

Suggestions that are already implemented are included for the sake of completeness. Blatant duplicates are not.

Some are also grouped if they elaborate on each other.

Note that this list is not guaranteed to be complete, or even useful.

AI/Autopilot

• active ai door gunners
  • Communication between crew members using the PVT radio; I want my gunners and copilot to report anything that looks like a threat
  • For the Autopilot/Co-pilot, I'd like to see a route following option
  • the barometric altitude hold changed to radar altitude hold.
  • crew chef could count us down as we are landing (I mean feet count us obviously)?
  • a terrain avoidance type something added to the AI Co-Pilot to stop him flying into mountains, buildings and power-lines. Maybe have him turn or gain altitude. I've tried the orbit function but seems the AP randomly chooses a direction and size of orbit pattern more often than not resulting in death.
  • Why not get some auto hover function going on say at 300 ft + - 10 ft tolerance zone which we can activate, then we can jump into the gunners seat lets us have control of yaw give it a count down of say 60 seconds only permitted
  • when flying in the left seat, co-pilot seat, when you activate the flex sight the autopilot automatically engages. i would like to see that change. if i want the autopilot, ill engage it. don't make it do it for me.
  • Let the copilot dispense flares if he sees a missile launch. (Kind of "respond to fire" ROE for flares).
  • AI door gunners to work on AI helicopters

Visual Effects

• rain drops on glasses
  • proper effects for white phosphorus warhead
  • permanent cockpit shake while engine is running would be nice.
  • Door gun shaking when firing
  • shadows of blades in the cockpit , perhaps depending of world graphic motor
  • an option to show a little blood. I was looking over to the left and thought "Hey, was that so boring you're taking a little nap ??"
  • The dust effect activated
  • smoke and fire incockpit, option to enable disable as well in graphic options.
  • different heat blur direction - with different or animated connectors - for different exhaust pipe
  • Better peripheral vision masking with NVG. NVG from 1990's have 40 degree FOV.

Cargo/Passenger Operations

• visible troops in chopper , loading unloading / animated troop insertion/ deployment and everything realted to it
  • sling loads
  • rope operations like special forces
  • the ability to pick up downed pilots in MP.
  • we need to be able to pick up downed pilots that have a radio we can home in on to find them, maybe the downed pilot can pop smoke
  • Better Co-pilot AI. But this I mean do the job of a co-pilot. Call out altitudes and speed. Give me some info while I'm flying.
  • feature to change the length of the rope
  • physical troop transport: the ability to load up ground units and transporting them to another location. (also think about slinging light vehicles)

Hull Variants

• slick versions
  • medevac version (visual medic operations/animations )
  • coast guard versions (smilar visual actions as medevac)
  • civilian long skid version.
  • Bell 212
  • the possibility to remove the rear and front doors
  • Ability to remove door gunners and put in a rescue gerenies to be able to do medical transport.
  • Cargo Mirrors and a Bubble Door
  • Firefighting? BambiBucket?
  • high skid civilian version
  • UH-1 B as a dedicated Gun Ship
  • TwinHuey engine option, with currently simulated two blade Hiller Bell teerering rotor.
  • Other seats for Slick Version
  • curved windows
  • a Canadian CH-146 Griffon (Bell 412) module.

Visual Model

• Cockpit glass. It currently looks like Bell forgot to install the canopy. It'd be nice to get a sense of reflection and sun glare on the surface.
  • How about junk in the cockpit and cabin. This is a Vietnam era bird right? Stuff like aircraft logs between the seats, a M16 on the glare shield, some smoke grenades hanging for the crew chief to mark LZs. Some crazing in the windshield and bubbles.
  • dancing hula girl on the dash
  • openable sliding windows in the cockpit doors (with the mouse?)
  • Visible "Ammo Crates" or something like that when you transport supplies
  • We already know that we get a clean version of the huey, that alone is great ! ; But I'd like to ask, concerning the picture of the clean version in the update section, why has the wire strike protection system been removed too? ; This isn't just limited to military use, every owner can equip his/her ship with a WSPS which greatly increases safety and actually is quite common on helicopters operating in urban areas or where there are a lot of powerlines.
  • I'd love to see the weapon panels and weapons sights to be removed in the cockpit model if the hardpoints are removed.
  • installing M60 without hard points. ; Use of door gunners without external attachment point requirement.
  • Go a bit further on the new weapons sight feature, where slicks don't have sights. I.e. remove the flexsight if there's no flex mounted Miniguns, and remove both the flexsight and the pilot infinity sight if there are no pilot controlled weapons at all, but only door guns.
  • the ability to tell the crew chief (or whoever maintains the aircraft , i'm not a military guy) to clean the windshield before startup.. it drives me nuts constantly thinking i'm seeing an aircraft while its just dirt.

Weapons

• M134D for the door gunners.
  • XM18 - 7.62 minigun pods
  • XM14 - .50" machinegun pods (or FN HMP pods)
  • ability to play with launcher intervalometer
  • ability to mix different warheads and fuses (not only point detonating, but proximity too)
  • WDU 4A/A flachette warhead (needs M429 proximity fuse)
  • XM93 weapon system for gunners to use minigun (also forward firing ability for pilot)
  • M59 weapon mount for .50" machine-guns for gunners.
  • a TOW capable platform or at least something similar that can fire ATGMs.
  • Implementation of new rear doors gun like M134 Minigun or GAU 21
  • UH-1H M56 and M132 Mine Dispersing system (SUU-13-D/A with antitank / practice mines)
  • remove the forward M134 guns and place them together with the rockets pods as this was the most frequent placement in the NAM era.
  • 24 barrells rocket launcher
  • 40mm nose mounted grenade launcher. ; Unfortunately on the stretched body of UH-1H you can't mount that weapon system because of center of gravity limitations. The switch is there because it's a common panel (one of few of this type).
  • incorporating the dual purpose M247 warhead, which was much more capable then the Mk.5 HEAT we have right now. It was a 17-pound high explosive - fragmentation warhead, cut in half, with front of M72 LAW anti tank rocket strapped in front. The same weight and ballistics as the M151 "10 pound" HE warhead, 70% of it's performance on unarmored targets, but additionally 11 inches of hardened steel penetration - enough to penetrate turret roof, or engine cover of any tank in game.
  • Additional gun options for gunners. 7.62 FN MAG, M240E, .50 HBMG, MK19 grenade launcher
  • .50 HBMG forward firing guns. M134 7.62 is a little ineefective against armour.
  • Dual pourpose armor piercing rockets FFAR and Zuni.
  • HOT anti-tank missile for European UH-1
  • spray nozzles for some Agent Orange to be dumped out.
  • I'd love to see the AGM-22 ATGM and the 500lb FAE added. These were used by the Army and Marines (respectively) in Vietnam.
  • a flexible twin 30mm cannon setup using two XM-140 cannons.
  • iron bomb mod by the Lebanese Army

Input

• On/Off toggle for Search light
  • Search Light Center Command
  • Make Search Light brighter with more distance. Like a spot light on police helos.
  • Axis control for Search Light. Ability to map to the TMWHT mouse.
  • It would be nice if the switches would have separate commands.
  • the option for the mouse to override TrackIR while in the door gunner position or the copilot position when the flex-sight is enabled.
  • "short stick gaming joystick" sensitivity settings are needed.
  • Axis dampening slider for Realistic (Sim) mode. Doesn't have to be much, just enough to give those of us with short throw/sensitive joysticks a fighting chance at flying pretty.
  • I personly would like the controls to be more douplicated. Instead of having the Pilot trimmer and then the co-pilot trimer. I would like this all be combined to one stick. And then depending on what side of the helicopter your flying on that is the only side the button is activated on.
  • Option for partial control aid. (Could be useful for new pilot?)
  • separate opening cockpit doors (LALT-1 and LALT-2) instead of RCTL-c for both doors
  • the ability to assign the flexible sight to a controller axis, so that i can make faster adjustments as pilot. ( i mean as copilot i can move the miniguns faster with the trackIR than I can as Pilot)
  • add all the definite button commands that are either not implemented at all (yet), or at the moment just work as toggle switches. ; Things like the anti collision switch, governor, main fuel switch, etc.
  • Consistent mouse-click logic. Some switches require right-click to flip upwards, others use left-click. Also on the dials: The rocket pair select switch requires right-click to advance, while the intercom dial requires left-click to advance.
  • Snap view w/ hat switch..FSX style
  • door gunner sight view button.
  • Change of crew ROE through the intercom system, less practical but more realistic.

Pilots/Gunners Models

• When wearing NVG's, show animated pilots with NVG gear
  • Female Co-Pilot. Might as well have something pretty to look at on those long cross-country flights.
  • I would like the copilot to take his hand off the stck when I have control.
  • I've always wanted to see my virtual pilot's hand move when I move the mouse around cockpit instead of a booger sized cursor
  • more animation and movement from the co pilot. (Flipping switch's, taping gauges, pointing at things etc...)
  • Equip the rear door gunner with life jacket and plate carrier and maxillofacial shield
  • When co-pilot gun sight is lowered he should hold his hand on the sight grip instead of the stick
  • Option to show/hide pilot in cockpit view.
  • New door gunner model. (At least give them a survival vest.)
  • More Skins for the Pilots... how to say. Maybe a Female CoPilot or a Afro American Co Pilot. Something like this
  • See the Characters in the Campaign (Redhead, General, the Pilot who got shoot down, Doc and Patient etc.)
  • making the crew chiefs enlisted and not warrant officers.
  • little more animation with crews inside, pilot eyes blinking etc faster head turning.
  • an animated pilot body in the pilot seat as an option. For use with oculus rift this would greatly add to immersion. It's very off putting to look down in the rift and not see your limbs. A phantom cyclic and pedals moving on their own just doesn't feel right.

Skins

• The rear gunner on MULTICAM
  • More liveries.
  • decals for the Huey airframe (and not just the pilots). Throw the skinners a bone! ; I would particularly like to see number decals (up to 3 digits) on the underside of the nose, left/right side between pilot door and cargo door, and medium and high positions on the tail (as is done on the new Flanker model). I would love to have decal surfaces for the upper nose, pilot and cargo doors, and the "band" area in front of the elevators as well, but being able to provide a helicopter number in the mission editor is most important.
  • Please make the Helmet and Body Textures for Pilot/CoPilot seperate so we can have different Helmet/Flightsuit/Gear Paintings
  • Pilot and Door Gunner Camoflage depending on the Nation (for example German UH1 and the pilots and door gunner wearing Flecktarn)
  • a layered psd file for the pilot and gunner textures.
  • Authentic SkyGray livery. US Coast Guard, Canadian Coast Guard

External Equipment

• Loudspeakers playing Wagner
  • countermeasures dispensers / Flares
  • internal Goodrich winch
  • I hate that exhaust gases deflecting thing. I'd like to get a clear exhaust instead.
  • xm52 smoke generator
  • Door gunner weapons with IR pointer laser. Similar to the BE Myers Izlid 200p or Izlid 1000p. All players with NVG gear on could see the pointer. As well as the door gunner could pinpoint targets while wearing NVG gear.
  • Possibility to add external fuel tanksMaybe a TGP module to help find targets for other aircraft and maybe even laser them. I know police choppers have a FLIR system hung in the front, maybe something like that.
  • Chaff and Flare dispenser
  • smoke grenade for door gunners
  • AN/ASQ-132 IR illuminator ; Two of those were mounted on the M21 weapon system as part of the INFANT project - "Iroquois Night Fighter and Night Tracker", a night Huey gunship. Those were IR spotlights that would illuminate areas where the flex mounted miniguns were pointing.
  • doorgunners and weapon mounts/pintles selectable through loadout interface
  • emergency float system
  • the ability to drop a smoke marker that is affected by wind, to gauge the wind direction/speed when landing off and airfield.
  • External rescue hoist rig on starboard (pilot) side.
  • make that goddamn hook under the chopper usable.
  • the ability to have door gunners shoot starburst 40mm incandesent parachute flares

Edited by Pfeil

Huey Suggestion List 2/2

Internal Equipment/Avionics

• RWR
  • MLWS
  • Ability to turn on a Hud reference image of a dot inside a circle or hexagon for positional hovering like the BS has.
  • sunglasses / visor
  • Has real Huey rotor brake? DCS: Huey doesn't, does it? ; It's an option. New Zealand Air Force UH-1Hs has them fitted for example. ; The Kiwis, are using the older style on their UH-1H
  • when the heavy caliber NVA AA weapons got a fix on them they picked this up on the FM radios. ; Without digging for the detail, I imagine these were radar type guided gun emplacements. ; He said the FM radio would offer 2 warnings, one when the weapon picked you up and another a few seconds later when it had you locked and was actively tracking you. ; If you were able to pick this up, when you heard the second warning (interference) you could bet that rounds were already incoming on your flight path and they would take evasive action, drop some alt if possible and turn 90. ; Sounds like something that could be done in DCS. ; He was talking of 37mm ; Just found the reference in the book. He said the FM radio squeals loudly for 3 seconds, then stops for about 3 sec, then again squeals for 3 seconds. First one was target acquired, second one was speed/direction is now computed, at the end of the 3rd squeal rounds are incoming.
  • Glass Cockpit
  • Laser altimeter produces a warning sound when low altitude warning is set and met.
  • grease pen marks on the windshield marking point blank aimpoints for Minigun and rockets when you go with an armed version

Navigation

• GPS or INS for over-water operations
  • A handheld GPS device. ; Optional hand-held GPS instead of the kneeboard. Can also be attached to the window using a suction cup, or screwed on top of the dash, or maybe even integrated in the dash. GPS doesn't have to be a very modern system. A GPS like the Bendix/King KLN90B for example would do just fine. There should be an (enforceable) option to turn it off for Nam style scenario's.
  • Improved interaction with ATC , ongoing communications,handoffs etc.
  • the AN/ARN-124 DME is also mentioned as a navigation system, so being able to get range from a VORTAC would be a great addition to the sim.

UI

• remove the auto-markpoint feature for the kneemap.
  • Another thing I could use is with the control on the screen, there is a very specific spot that if you trim the cyclic to that spot it makes it much easier to hover. But I have a hard time finding that eact spot when i start up the sim. How about give us a dot at the location where the cyclic needs to be trimmed to for best hover.
  • Smaller A/P and weapons overlay
  • on the red controls indicator, the red pedal position marker at the bottom doesnt overlap the white marker when autopilot is engaged like the cyclic and collective do. i'd like to see that changed to where all red indicators overlap the white autopilot indicators.

Flight Model

• Settling with power is overmodeled in the Huey. It's WAY too easy to get in a Vortex Ring State.
  • What would be nice is if it factored in the drag from open/no doors

Engine/Systems/Damage Model

• EGT and damage from excessive temps
  • Release idle stop functionality for engine shutdown.
  • I dont know, but it seems that every single random AK shot that hits me destroys the flexible sight..and that's a shame in my opinion... is this thing really that easy to disable? I guess it should be easier to injure the pilot when hitting the cockpit than hitting the sight...
  • I would wish that you guys look into your damage model, sometimes when you freefall from 3 meters above the ground the huey imediatly explodes, i doubt that would happen IRL.
  • Mast bumping. At the moment the rotors just break off and after a while the whole thing falls off, through the helo. Will realistic mast bumping be modeled in the final release, with sounds of the rotors hitting the mast and damage to the rotors?
  • When flying this bird hard, the rotor often falls off. As it is now, it just falls through the body of the helicopter. Would be pretty cool if some collision detection and damage model was added to the rotor itself after it breaks off, maybe combined with boom strike modeling.
  • Some instruments should oszillate. The Airspeed indicator oszillates approx. +/- 2Knots at 90 KIAS, the torque indicator increases oszillation with increasing torque, approx. +/-1 psi at 50 psi.
  • With rapid left cyclic the torque does increase, with rapid right cyclic the torque reduces, both momentarily only and in fwd flight.
  • add the trigger under the collective for start-up
  • implement the ignition key lock-unlock
  • Tail Rotor drive/shaft failure
  • A correct Simulated Collective and FD ; the Collective on the DCSHuey itself is a little buggy... when you look at the torquegauge and listen to the engine during a flight, esp. in fast hover around a small landing place or with slingload...

Lighting

• working Dash bord instrument Lights
  • NAV lights seem excessively bright I "WISH" they could be less bright. ; Even on Dim, they are still pretty Bright. ; Modeled UH-1 should have the NVG nav lights kit installed - you have the additional knob on the overhead panel to set their brightness for NVG flight, although in current beta it's not operational.Not all of the Hueys in 80s and 90s received that kit -some were flying with normal lights, but modified - sprayed with paint, or taped over, to either reduce its brightness or reduce the angles from which those were visible (to not light up the interior of aircraft and blind its crew). Until 1997, when all aircraft such hastily modified had to meet FAA standards, and all paint and tapes were removed from the lights. Which wasn't the best idea, and only a month later an instruction was published how to modify Huey nav lights that would meet FAA standards, and not blind its crew - the lights were painted over to almost (1/8" below) half of their height.
  • bright upper red and green NAV lights in unarmed version

Sound

• The skids grinding on concrete should be much louder.
  • backround radio speaking noise
  • the N Model.
  • a Y model

Multiplayer

• making the aircraft multi crew live players for multiplayer
  • Syncing the helicopters spotlight and its movements while on/off with other players in multiplayer.
  • IR Anti-Collision lights(NVG Position Lights) visible to all clients wearing activated NVG's. ; Pilots could then turn off visible wavelength lighting thus only using IR. ; You have the switch in the cockpit, you have the lights on the airframe model, just needs to be seen by client NVG gear.

Missions/Mission Building

• different mission types, like medevac, SAR, transporting stuff in a sling load and soldier drop off into hotzones.
  • Integrate the Huey in the warehouse and resupply system. To allow Huey's to fly transport missions all the time.
  • physical supplies transport: fuel bladder slinging or cargo net, also internal cargo, all with supply value that gets added to destination farp, camp, airfield, ship, etc, etc.
  • The coalitionaddgroup should be integrated in the ME to allow lua noobs like me to create a mission like Hueydrop (see Uh-1h missions thread).
  • and may be a triggerto check for a (side)door being opened.
  • The trigger for change internal cargo possible for MP Units, not just the host Helicopter?
  • FARP is replaced with modern tarp based FARP with refueling blivets.
  • Ability to define cold start from ground without FARP or tarmac. ; let the players take off any location with or without farp ; Or better a simple 30m zone you can define as a landing "pad" and place on the ground... with all properties of a farp (fuel, ammo etc.)
  • Ejected Pilot in mission editor
  • Single pad farp instead of 4 pads

Misc

• controllable pilot after ejection preferably with the ability to enter other hueys as transport and/or pilot/gunner
  • This to be corrected : the red lines are showing the actual mast/rotor attitude at neutral, rotor stopped, and in green how it should be. In real, it isn't fixed position of course as the teetering rotor is tilting up and down as it wants, but this virtual attitude always backward is really hurting the overall appearance.
  • For the darn thing to quit rocking like a cradle on start-up and shut-down. I'm not trying to put a baby to sleep you know.

Documentation/Training

• Radio and navigational tutorials.
  • I would like to see a documentation for the "X:Cockpit clickable actions" etc. I simply have no idea what number represents which switch!
  • Flight training course w/pass/fail for each module of training ..Cross country flight as final before being able to run missions. (sim mode)

DCS Features

• Some sort of ambient combat module that creates a living world with randomly spawned units. I'm sure that's been said already. But nothing's worse than creating a mission for 3 hours that is an open world thing but it only lasts like one hour.
  • Real world aviation traffic (civ/mil), Operation guidelines c/m
  • Civil aviation missions (HEMS/SAR/FD/PD/VIP/CARGO/CHARTER)
  • New terrain options
  • New civ traffic (road/water)

"Humorous"

• chicks in bikinis
  • Ability to have pilot chew bubblegum during flight
  • Handlebar mustache on pilot
  • 8-track player for cockpit.
  • a nice little voice over of "GET SOME!"
  • Winning lotery numbers dispenser
  • being able to glance at the copilot and ask him if he's got a boyfriend....
  • Auto self destruct for anybody that plays CCR Fortunate Son
  • Bar fridge, topless barmaid and a dartboard

Edited by Pfeil

thanks man for such a great effort. some of them have been implemented by the belsimtek within the time period. so we hope they will add some extra features. but woww i think there shouldn't be another module which has a wish list that long :D

and i hardly beleive that it has been nearly 2 years since i created this topic.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5