The August 2nd Wags Update! Thread

IIRC first two versions of dcs world were open beta. Didn't noticed any difference compared to the versions before or later.

Report/Feedback was somehow the same procedure. Also intervals between the patches weren't shorter. Maybe this will change due to the autoupdater?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can´t find A-10A DLC on Steam, only Su-25A.

IIRC, that one is due a bit later.

On another note... the DCS World manual is not the current version.

EDIT:

We plan to release A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs for Steam on 16 August 2013

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1829273#post1829273

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

To Wags and team

I just have to say one thing first. Impressive work lately from you and the team! I am really impressed after reading the changelog Please make sure to forward to all in the team!

Since there is alot of stuff to try and crasp in that "Friday update tread" with all kinds of of views and "i think this and i think that" i also wanted to ask a little about this e-store vs Steam relationship. For me as a small difference on top of my head i would if i can in the future like to run DCS without the Steam app flashing up there in my systray. As i understand from earlier experience in other games, usually i can play games in offline mode regarding Steam, but still steam is there. How will this work now for my all e-store DCS package? I mean will there ever be any permanent issues combining the two update directions. That is if i buy let say a module through Steam. To ask more directly will there allways be an exact same module available at the e-store with regular starforce protection which i can buy instead? In the near or far future is it safe to say that IF one of them are dropped will it be Steam before e-store?

I have a feeling am asking more than can or will be answered, but if possible can i get some views on this? For me i want to keep Steam and likewise apps out of my mem as long as possible. Its just that every time i think about the mess i have had with let say Origi* id rather keep these apps away.

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this a good thing?

More exposure, more modules sold, more money in ED coffers and an incentive to expedite current projects?

Better than a kick in the teeth....

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

More exposure, more modules sold, more money in ED coffers and an incentive to expedite current projects?

Better than a kick in the teeth....

True, but, optimistic as I am :smilewink::

... hopefully no kids thinking: Oh! A shooter with planes!

There generally is some kind of friendliness between players in large, open PVP MP servers which I hope will not turn into the 'I f***ed your mother' kind of scenes if more 'gamers' join.

'Frett'

True, but, optimistic as I am :smilewink::

... hopefully no kids thinking: Oh! A shooter with planes!

There generally is some kind of friendliness between players in large, open PVP MP servers which I hope will not turn into the 'I f***ed your mother' kind of scenes if more 'gamers' join.

Well I'm just hoping the "gamerz" will stick to the Steam forums. Enough whining there already.

I do think branding A-10C and BS2 as "DLC" will haunt ED. Too many people conditioned to expect DLC for $2, half the talk so far is why on earth DLC would cost >$40....

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

That idea with open beta release of the new versions of DCS SW is great for me, but imho it is the blade of two edges:

First edge will add new testers exponentially, but...

Second edge will flood the forum with false alarm reports and it will make (also imho) testers work harder to pick up and clarify user-found bugs, than if they found that bugs by theirselves, because the native(current) testers know what are they looking for.

OR - if this open-beta-testing should be worth it, it should come to public with proper full documentation of the release and full changelog and some clues to what we should test and where we should look for bugs and so...

I'm affraid, that it should become a total mess....:huh:

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you get my thoughts :D

Edited by Suchacz

Maybe i've done wrong here, but isn't the torrent for A-10A pointing to the A-10C exe? Anyway was supposed to DL A-10C so ok for me i have it now.

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, its good to have the Friday update, kinda like the roasty nutty smell of freshly ground coffee. ;)

A-10A works nicely now. ^_^

Edit: Ah well, still a little to iron out from what others say, but otherwise still good. ^^

Edited by Cadarth
Post Patch Analysis

Salute! :3

In general half the thing gets filled with forum type of complaints, comments, or feature request, while the other half gets filled with actual bugs but still with several forum type comments. At some point you have to draw the line to provide a thorough and detailed report for the dev to work from.

Sure sounds like a forum interface would eliminate that problem. ;)

This ignores the technical benefits of a system like that which BIS uses.

A forum interface for bug reporting would be difficult to track at best.

It really does need a dedicated tracking system IMO.

Surely ED have guys sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for a project like that to come along, right? :D

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

Maybe i've done wrong here, but isn't the torrent for A-10A pointing to the A-10C exe? Anyway was supposed to DL A-10C so ok for me i have it now.

Well spotted, thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Making 1.2.6 open beta might be a good move, but I don't think it changes much. We just had a 2 week open beta of 1.2.5 with bug reports from the community. It's just that it was not branded as open beta and some people was upset by the bugs. The latter part will be avoided by using the term "open beta" for 1.2.6.

I think it is a good move. It will make a lot of people happy.

Good news, good update. Thanks! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]