Release??

Revan

Tomcat? Leatherneck are slaves to single seat delta wing fighters. Here's an educated guess for project 2 (I use the term "educated guess" rather than "confirmed" in order to preserve some of the surprise for Leatherneck's upcoming announcement ;))

mirage-iii.jpg

Note: Post not to be taken seriously...

Edited by MudRat02

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, just a joke :)

I hope LS sticks with the Cold War era delta wing planes and we get another MiG in the 20 series or possibly an EE Lighting.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

mirage-iii.jpg

Note: Post not to be taken seriously...

Oxford dictionary, definition of mirage; 1) an optical illusion caused by atmospheric conditions, 2) an unrealistic hope or wish that cannot be achieved.

Too bad, because it's a proper jet.

I hope they're doing a prop next, then Flogger or Fulcrum.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

REQUIREMENTS

Computer requirements for the DCS: MiG-21bis are identical to the ones required for DCS: World 1.2.8. Those can be viwed on the Eagle Dynamics website, here

RELEASE DATE

The DCS: MiG-21bis will launch May-June 2014.

you will have to edit your homepage.:pilotfly:

:music_whistling:

we need to be patient for another 2 weeks ;)

That's unacceptable! I'm going to run out of squirrels, by then!

I suppose I could break out my rod and reel. Do you think Bluegill would make for a good offering?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Cobra posted on Russian thread that it is almost done :)

Самолет по существу завершена, но мы должны синхронизировать себя должным образом с другими партиями и убедитесь, что ядро интеграции правильно сделано.

Существует не одна строка кода, которая должна быть написана больше. Неделю назад мы решили, что у нас есть немного свободного времени, чтобы полностью переделать модель повреждения, и что находится в процессе интеграции. Как только это будет сделано, и еще несколько ливреи экспортируется, там ничего не осталось делать.

/Nicholas Dackard

Artist

Leatherneck Simulations

DCS: MiG-21bis

Here's the translation:

"Plane is substantially complete, but we have to synchronize themselves properly with other parties and make sure that the kernel integration done correctly.

There is not one line of code that needs to be written more. A week ago, we decided that we have a little free time to completely redo the damage model, and that is in the process of integration. Once this is done, and several liveries are exported, there is nothing left to do."

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Im afraid seven days are not enough to see the 21 released, excepting a very big surprise from LS.

Not a word about integration work on DCS and ED response about compatibility or issues with it makes me feel a little unconfident about june release.

I wish all 21 supporters and backers will take with good spirit any delay announcement.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

That's unacceptable! I'm going to run out of squirrels, by then!

I suppose I could break out my rod and reel. Do you think Bluegill would make for a good offering?

NANDOS?

:megalol:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I agree, I'm getting some serious FSX fatigue atm. Haven't touched X-Plane 10 in a while now and I'm not really interested in getting back to it. I built a 1/100 MiG-21 scale model back in November 2012, I remember asking Beczl specifically if anything would prevent the MiG-21 to be released before 2013. He basically said no, no such delays were expected. Being a somewhat sane person I "stopped waiting" for the MiG-21 and occupied myself with civilian flightsims but man! if it weren't for the a2a accu-sim and Orbx stuff I'd be bored to tears by now. So, no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking over and over again when or how the MiG-21bis will be released, not at this point. I've actually started playing videogames again! Assassin's Creed IV, Watch_Dogs and Rome II ftw!:thumbup:

my little brother bought watch dogs but I'm a realist and simulations is my real world.. I left consoles since DCS blackshark... even more so DCS A-10C.. now got hung up on UH-1H.. got bored with it.. got even bored with choppers.. so I flipped to FSX and got acceleration.. integrated VRS Superbug... flew it to boredom... then decided a trainer augment is in order.. so I got Razbams T-2 Buckeye.. which is nice but for FSX (!) so decided to try virtavia's T-34C but couldn't get it to start.. I really had hopes to train using that blind hood but I was off'd after so much attempts..

Now I'm flying AXE on FSX, and the dreamliner on XP10 (usually the stock 747-400) but you can't shoot shit.

In a month or so, I should revert to A-10C (I always allow 6 months per update on A-10C)

well.. to be honest.. our niche is not that big.. even my friends here make jokes about me as the captain or the aerodontist (as I'm an orthodontist)... point is... I revert to CODMW3 and fight night champ (which would have been so much better with the move as sensor)

And then you have my nutmeg addiction of this very forum.. I can swear if ED forums were a drug I'd O/D and die since day 1...

anyways.. back on topic (moderators.. ehem)

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

There is not one line of code that needs to be written more. A week ago, we decided that we have a little free time to completely redo the damage model, and that is in the process of integration. Once this is done, and several liveries are exported, there is nothing left to do."

I hope they can find the time to make a promo trailer and get a release candidate out to reviewers. RockPaperShotgun does a weekly Sim-Feature and the people at GiantBomb have done a bunch of DCS Videos (mostly just breaking engines and crashing, but they have a huge audience). Can't hurt to try and get the word out :)

What is taking so long?

It was supposed to be done and released 3 months ago! I know that the whole beczl issue slowed down if not stopped development for a while, but last month the devs were telling us that it was basically done, so..... WHERE IS IT??

they have been telling us it should be released next month for the past 3 months now, why such a long wait?

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

My anticipation is really building now. Starting to get tetchy.

That it its. Time to break out the sacrificial animals like I am!

I can swear if ED forums were a drug I'd O/D and die since day 1...

You should see some of our school's students after their first solo flights. I swear, the local PD think we're dealin' SOMETHING in our hangars.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

What is taking so long?

It was supposed to be done and released 3 months ago! I know that the whole beczl issue slowed down if not stopped development for a while, but last month the devs were telling us that it was basically done, so..... WHERE IS IT??

they have been telling us it should be released next month for the past 3 months now, why such a long wait?

You are more than a little behind in your information, perhaps looking through this thread (and the other threads in this subforum) will clear things up for you.

What is taking so long?

LeatherNeck maybe waiting on a New Version of DCS World to be ready from DCS to bring The Mig into the Game,That's what I'm hoping for......come on v1.3.0 and Edge!!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

I think Cobra confirmed (some time ago) that their target version is still 1.2.8 and Dolphin even gave a vague time frame for the release. What else do we need to know?! They still have one week left to be formally on time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

What is taking so long?

Stop being so entitled.

• Like 1

Stop being so entitled.

It is not anyone being entitled. The devs are the ones giving release dates, not anyone on the forums and so far they have missed, estimated release dates, guaranteed release dates (Mar 31st) and possible another release dates. Nothing entitled to holding people to their word. The fact they haven't said a word in quite a while, no manual , no video (as indicated) and no big amount of info as promised says they are not going to make this release date either.

• Like 1

Here's a reminder of whats been happening and still down the pipe...

06-19-2014

Some heavier updates coming fairly soon.

In essence, bar a few minor bugs and one or two minor art tasks, the DCS: MiG-21 is pretty much finished. We're still working on a few tasks related to QC, Testing, and core integration.

We're pretty silent as it's been a couple of busy weeks for everyone. A close family member of mine passed away recently, triggering a lot of travel. Anothers' first child was born just a few days ago.

But we're remaining productive as ever.

Knowing that there is essentially not a single line of code left to be written is certainly a liberating feeling. :)

Cheers,

Nick

I'm sure there is still a bit of sorting on who's getting keys due to the backer campaign(status still unknown) also.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It is not anyone being entitled. The devs are the ones giving release dates, not anyone on the forums and so far they have missed, estimated release dates, guaranteed release dates (Mar 31st) and possible another release dates. Nothing entitled to holding people to their word. The fact they haven't said a word in quite a while, no manual , no video (as indicated) and no big amount of info as promised says they are not going to make this release date either.

Huh?

We (the current development team) gave one release date. March 31st. That didn't happen because of a rather obvious issue.

May-June was a rough estimation for wrapping up development and launch. Development has been wrapped.

We've got to play by the rules and go through the motions of PROPERLY launching what is arguably one of the most complex DCS modules -- thus the timeframe was kept suitably vague.

You have a penchant for negativity: here, on our Facebook and at SimHQ. I still remember you accusing us of posting bullshots.

It's rather tiring to hear you harp on us, especially when it's completely misguided (seriously? I post pretty much every single day.)

I always fall for your bait too.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 2

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Huh?

We (the current development team) gave one release date. March 31st. That didn't happen because of a rather obvious issue.

May-June was a rough estimation for wrapping up development and launch. Development has been wrapped.

We've got to play by the rules and go through the motions of PROPERLY launching what is arguably one of the most complex DCS modules -- thus the timeframe was kept suitably vague.

You have a penchant for negativity: here, on our Facebook and at SimHQ. I still remember you accusing us of posting bullshots.

It's rather tiring to hear you harp on us, especially when it's completely misguided (seriously? I post pretty much every single day.)

I always fall for your bait too.

Don't let those neg posts bring down ur mood.

'Delay'? I think it's OK. Look at Blizzard and Duke!

Once the final quality is worth playing, I personally is OK for the delay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |