DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldnt, although I did on one of the sales cuz I got tired of the steps for the upgrade :)

Same; I think I got it for like $5 at some point. Worth it for sure.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

You shouldnt, although I did on one of the sales cuz I got tired of the steps for the upgrade :)

Agreed but iam pretty low on *ressources* currently:smilewink:

And after i have purchased 2x BS1 (Gaming+server) and the upgrade iam also tired of paying again for my loved Shark :)

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Agreed but iam pretty low on *ressources* currently:smilewink:

And after i have purchased 2x BS1 (Gaming+server) and the upgrade iam also tired of paying again for my loved Shark :)

You purchased one for your sever? Maybe I'm mis-understanding you but you don't need a module to create/host a server with Ka-50 clients added.

Anyway, I understand you not wanting to buy it again, I still wish ED would just give BS2 keys out to people that submit their BS1+BS2 upgrade keys.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

You purchased one for your sever? Maybe I'm mis-understanding you but you don't need a module to create/host a server with Ka-50 clients added.

You did before DCS World was released.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK, guys, go ahead now and call me a noob if you wish, but I've never heard of this Froogle guy before...

He made one of the best videos

. He sure knows his stuff.

However, there was a rather heated discussion regarding his first impressions of the Huey. I guess one could say he's not too fond of our DCS community. Well. His loss. :smilewink:

> Those power wires seem still too easy to spot for my taste, especially against sky background. But still light years better than those infamous ones we have now.

> Matt flies like crazy. :D

Both true. :)

The power wires were among the things that stood out the most for me. They may not be perfect, but they're way ahead of the current state.

Well, and the amount of detail stood out. And the terrain. And the lighting. And the shadows. C'mon, ED, I've already got a new graphics card (don't know if EDGE requires more hardware or maybe even less, but a new graphics card always makes me feel good), feel free to release NTTR-Alpha any time now. :D

Anyway, I understand you not wanting to buy it again, I still wish ED would just give BS2 keys out to people that submit their BS1+BS2 upgrade keys.

In the early beginning of DCS (BS1) you did need a second copy of the game to run a 24/7 server.

This is why you have to download and install DCS World today on your 24/7 server. The only thing changed, DCS World is free while BS1 was not.

EDIT: DCS BS1 was before the days of DCS World

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

You did before DCS World was released.

In the early beginning of DCS (BS1) you did need a second copy of the game to run a 24/7 server.

This is why you have to download and install DCS World today on your 24/7 server. The only thing changed, DCS World is free while BS1 was not.

EDIT: DCS BS1 was before the days of DCS World

Gotcha. Well, hold out till the next sale at least. :thumbup:

[...] I still wish ED would just give BS2 keys out to people that submit their BS1+BS2 upgrade keys.

Yup, that would be the perfect solution. :thumbup:

I don't think BS1-owners who bought the BS2 full version would complain (I did, and I wouldn't) and it would be an amazing gesture by ED. Since the upgrade is no longer available, I don't see any downside to it (as in: I don't think anyone could abuse this to get an unfair advantage). It would only serve to make the experience more enjoyable for long time customers, so I'm all for it. :thumbup:

Awesome site and dear lord that video is amazing! Although from what I read in interview looks like we be waiting longer than I was thinking lol. Keep squashing those bugs map looks amazing!

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Awesome site and dear lord that video is amazing! Although from what I read in interview looks like we be waiting longer than I was thinking lol. Keep squashing those bugs map looks amazing!

Yep I noticed that to. :noexpression:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

:shocking: (my reaction to the video at the end :o)

2025 will be a great year for DCS! :D

No, really, awesome read! Thanks for sharing!

see you in 2025

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I think I've watched that video about 10 times already. :shocking::notworthy::thumbsup:The map looks WWAAAYYYY better than I thought. You can even see lake mead out in the distance a couple times.

living here in Las Vegas, this is something I'm looking forward to more than any modules!!!!

The wait is destroying me mentally. But I'm all for bug squashing now, instead of 1+ years after it's released.