DCS: F-5E!

Python

Goodness to come in the "Coming Weeks". No sooner, no later.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS updates when a patch is ready. It was never stated that updates will be released on friday only.

I stand corrected.

Unrelated note:

Isn't there supposed to be 1 more stream involving weapons?

Edited by Pocket Sized

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I stand corrected.

Unrelated note:

Isn't there supposed to be 1 more stream involving weapons?

That was the plan, Wags later posted that something came up and it would be delayed.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Um .. Belsimtek releasing an F-5 module? Awesome! :P

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

What time do updates come out?

Usally between 1300Z and 1600Z. Mostly around 1430Z.

But everything is possible, nothing is guaranteed!

Edited by QuiGon
Edited for clarity

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Usally between 1300Z and 1600Z. Mostly around 1430Z.

Update o'clock of course. Or for those among us who like the military parlance Update hours Zulu.

Seriously though, we have seen updates released as late as the following Monday before now, so I would suggest there isn't a specific time or date for an update to be released. It all comes down to whether the testing cycle shows up no serious issues, and is completed in time for a weekly update.

And no, we can't expect an update every week either, so I wouldn't get too fixated on something arriving every Friday at 14.30 Zulu.

You'll know when an update is coming because it will be preceded by a news bulletin. Until ED release that, don't get your hopes up, and you won't be disappointed. Unless you have a crystal ball that is, or are a follower of the occult, and have a set of tarot cards.

My wife and I are expecting twins in the next month...please release the F-5 soon so I can have a go before they arrive...otherwise who knows when I will get to have a go! :noexpression: :cry:

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Update o'clock of course. Or for those among us who like the military parlance Update hours Zulu.

Seriously though, we have seen updates released as late as the following Monday before now, so I would suggest there isn't a specific time or date for an update to be released. It all comes down to whether the testing cycle shows up no serious issues, and is completed in time for a weekly update.

And no, we can't expect an update every week either, so I wouldn't get too fixated on something arriving every Friday at 14.30 Zulu.

You'll know when an update is coming because it will be preceded by a news bulletin. Until ED release that, don't get your hopes up, and you won't be disappointed. Unless you have a crystal ball that is, or are a follower of the occult, and have a set of tarot cards.

That's totally right! That's why I wrote usally, but I better make it more clear. Not that someone gets a wrong idea :)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
My wife and I are expecting twins in the next month...please release the F-5 soon so I can have a go before they arrive...otherwise who knows when I will get to have a go! :noexpression: :cry:

Ah! In this case - will be today!:D

• Like 1

That's totally right! That's why I wrote usally, but I better make it more clear. Not that someone gets a wrong idea :)

The word usually, the phrase "we hope to", and anything similar are construed as promises on the forum, so although you have a point, it is neccessary to be totally explicit here to avoid confusion.

It's best to just stick to the regulation "soon tm" or "two weeks tm" to avoid any such controversy.

:music_whistling: :music_whistling: