Community A-4E

Carrier Ops :-D

Got it, I’ll try to put somwthing together!

Also, to answer the question on Multiplayer, both the hosting server and client will need the same version of mod installed. The mod does have quite a few multiplayer specific bugs that we’re hoping to smash before we release, but it does indeed work in multiplayer if the correct parameters are met.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

I'd love to see some AA Refueling action.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Update coming when I get home from work today! Anything in particular you’d like to see the A-4 doing in a screenshot?

So you're saying if I turn off the power on the grid your office is on, we'll get the update sooner? :music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

i'd like to see some Carrier ops landing / on the deck

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

i'd like to see some Carrier ops landing / on the deck

I’ll do my best to get some of this! We’re currently working through some challenges with the collision shell of the model when under player-control. It currently has a tendency to fall through the deck after snagging the wire. Under the AI’s control, however, this doesn’t seems to be an issue so the screenshots will likely be external only.

I'd love to see some AA Refueling action.

This may be a bit tricky since I haven’t done aerial refueling before. Gos worked with it but I haven’t tried it. I’ll try my best though!

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

This may be a bit tricky since I haven’t done aerial refueling before. Gos worked with it but I haven’t tried it. I’ll try my best though!

Hey I've done lots of it. If you need somebody to do it for you I'd be happy to volunteer. wink.gif

Joking of course. I know you can't let people have it yet.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Hey I've done lots of it. If you need somebody to do it for you I'd be happy to volunteer. wink.gif

Joking of course. I know you can't let people have it yet.

Haha, unfortunately the issues isn’t my ability, but rather its function in-game. I require the in-game radio for one of the tankers to lower drogue for me, which during my last attempt wasn’t working exactly as I expected it to. I’ll be taking a look again when I get home and make some screenshots.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Community A-4E Update: May 2018

Community A-4E Update: May 2018

April showers have brought May flowers, but also another update from our team! This month we met our internal milestones and I’m very excited to see this cockpit starting to look like the real deal.

Fire-retardant lining:

I’ve struggled to figure out whether this material is fire resistant or fire retardant (maybe both?), but what I commonly refer to as the cloth lining finally has a new, updated model. This model is both reflective of the finalization of certain objects within the cockpit model, as well as using much better modelling and unwrap techniques due to my increased skill in 3ds and blender over the past year and a half. Plusnine is doing a great job of selling this as fabric; something which I gained an even greater appreciation for after ambitiously attempting to texture myself and failing horribly. I can’t understate how much of an impact good texture work has on models. Unfortunately it’s very much an active work in progress so I can’t share any images, but I promise its really exceeding even my own expectations!

Canopy Frame:

The canopy model is something that has bugged me since we made the switch to a new cockpit model. Originally a very blocky and detail-less model, I’ve since revamped it to include key features seen in our reference examples. As you can see in the pictures below, it really does make a big difference in the quality of the cockpit model. Please note that the texture painting for the solid black and green-outlined models is still in progress and the canopy frame and screws are using solid colors.

hgN4A40.png

Behind the Scences:

Unwraps for all interior objects are now complete, including the new fire-resistant lining and canopy models. Next month’s goals will be to continue texture work for the interior and adjustments to interior and exterior lighting. The cockpit is currently our central concern, given how much players will be staring at it. Fortunately, it would appear that any further cockpit changes will be minimal. After that we’ll be moving to the remaining work on the exterior and bug squashing.

Of course, this wouldn’t be a monthly update if I didn’t have more screenshots to share. Here’s a few based on your requests!

acWNVJM.png

Fbf4QzQ.png

kAPvWwW.png

X0fvIVF.png

WdwZEYd.png

DfyLdGt.png

And with that, another monthly update concludes. Progress is continuing in a comfortable fashion towards release and hopefully we’ll have a firm date for you all soon. At this time, we want to hold off on giving out a date until we can be absolutely sure the aircraft will be in a releasable state worthy of the amount of our skills. Thanks again for all your interest, it gives us a lot of motivation to keep at it!

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Man, I love that bird. Thanks for the update.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

As an old geezer who spent the most of 4 years working on A-4's in the USMC in the early 1960's, I'm certain you appreciate the anticipation that I am experiencing for the release of your hard work. Thanks immensely.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Really nice! Cockpit is looking great.

P.S.: How did you place the planes and stuff on the Tarawa?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)