Normandy Early Access Discussion

SkateZilla

Album is private, not working pic.

Anyway, pitty it's uggly though I would like to see myself to decide how ugly it is, or not.

S!

I can see the picture.

It's quite a stark cutoff to some low res satellite imagery. It's on par with low res NTTR though, although the difference is more noticeable.

Bear in mind it's also a very low altitude shot too. It won't be as noticable up high.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bullseye is over Amiens Belgium. This map is not going to be very useful for Operation Jericho which was a low altitude raid.

Bulls

Screen_170501_171548-1.jpg

Eastern edge of the detailed area at altitude.

Screen_170501_171323-1.jpg

Screen_170501_171240-1.jpg

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Could you draw a line over the map East and South of the detailed area limits?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The bullseye is also just a navigational reference point. You don't have to go there.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The bullseye is also just a navigational reference point. You don't have to go there.

I assume zionid put the bulls there for a reason. I'm trying to answer his question as thoroughly as possible.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I will try again....

Has anyone tried doing mass bomber formations? I would love to know how the framerates are with 50 odd bombers in the air.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

@Vampyre: I assume the western parts of Southern England look similar? Reason why Im asking is that there is some interesting and very beautiful scenery and terrain there in Real Life that would make flying over it quite a joy to behold.

Obviously Im hoping that the devs come back and keep adding detail to this map at a later date (after 2.5 hits)

*disclaimer* I know that the focus is on Normandy, please don't take my comment as criticism. I just want this map finished and out the door. So I can enjoy it, and so we can get to 2.5 ASAP. IMO now that Normandy is close to release, 2.5 needs to have priority over everything else! :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I'm still messing a bit with the graphics settings tbh.

The alpha normandy map is not running as well on my machine as 1.5 or 2.0 does.

I dialed back to medium settings which is fine and am working up from there.

Run at 2560x1440.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

• ED Team

Run at 2560x1440.

I prefer higher frames when I fly, if I am not taking screenshots or doing recording these are the settings I use, I get about 50 - 60 frames on the ground, in the air 100+

The main thing for me is using flat shadows, if I use high I notice a big difference

of course I am only using one screen, the higher resolution will also make a difference

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The alpha normandy map is not running as well on my machine as 1.5 or 2.0 does.I dialed back to medium settings which is fine and am working up from there. Run at 2560x1440.

I'm waiting to see some vid uploads from you Vlerkies... Don't keep us old CloD vets hanging!

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I prefer higher frames when I fly, if I am not taking screenshots or doing recording these are the settings I use, I get about 50 - 60 frames on the ground, in the air 100+

The main thing for me is using flat shadows, if I use high I notice a big difference

of course I am only using one screen, the higher resolution will also make a difference

Thanks, yes I also picked up on the shadows thing. Have both set to flat now and it looks fine, actually less flickering on the ground objects and stuff.

I also aim for 60 on the ground.

The map runs perfectly fine just need to do some fine tuning.

Thx for the settings, I also today saw , was it Nirvi, posted his. Will give it a whirl after work. My aniso and msaa are also cranked up and can come off quite a bit i think.

I'm waiting to see some vid uploads from you Vlerkies... Don't keep us old CloD vets hanging!

:lol:

With the amount of Spielbergs on these forums I would be embarrassed to post my B grade minute movies.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Run at 2560x1440.

I noticed the same. It runs less well than 1.5 or 2.0, but I guess that could be expected.

I started with everything on high in 2560x1440, but went back a bit on some settings.

Still testing the most optimal for me.

I have Sapphire ATI R9 390 graphic card by the way, so not the newest card anyway.

I guess devs are still tweaking and improving perfomance until oficial release.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• ED Team
I guess devs are still tweaking and improving perfomance until oficial release.

correct, it is still being tweaked and optimised

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I noticed the same. It runs less well than 1.5 or 2.0, but I guess that could be expected.

I started with everything on high in 2560x1440, but went back a bit on some settings.

Still testing the most optimal for me.

I have Sapphire ATI R9 390 graphic card by the way, so not the newest card anyway.

Same here fella. Hopefully with the new contact spotting we will be able to crank up the eye candy.

Some dogfighting action against the AI, courtesy of Nirvi:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• ED Team
But for an alpha release I am pretty impressed with the performance already :thumbup:

Yes I am getting excellent results, it has come a long way since early development, good to see the hard work the ED team has done come to realisation

Interesting on the performance results, I seem to be having on par with 2.0 performance and better than 1.5.... also I play in VR. Wondering why others don't have such good results. Perhaps its my rig? I'll admit it is a rig built for VR, but I am curious what the bottleneck is for others. Anyone got any stats they can share?

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Interesting on the performance results, I seem to be having on par with 2.0 performance and better than 1.5.... also I play in VR. Wondering why others don't have such good results. Perhaps its my rig? I'll admit it is a rig built for VR, but I am curious what the bottleneck is for others. Anyone got any stats they can share?

Good question about the performance in VR.

Playing in 2D on the monitor I can crank up all settings (except AA and shadows) to maximum for Normandy and get no stuttering with minimums of 60fps.

In VR I have to reduce settings to medium, turn off AA, PD back to 1.3 and still get performance problems when circling low above cities. Down to 25fps. AA seems to have the biggest impact of all settings, even 2x is bringing my GTX1080Ti to the knees. GPU usage always between 70 and 100%. CPU at about 30% on all cores.

No problems on Nevada map in VR. Highest settings (AA to4x, shadows to medium), PD to 1.7 and I can maintain 45fps even above most parts of Vegas.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Some dogfighting action against the AI, courtesy of Nirvi:

I never noticed that distinct line where the oil splatter texture on the canopy stops. Has that always been the case or is that effect new for the mustang? Just curious. I'm sure it will be refined at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access