Normandy Early Access Discussion

SkateZilla

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question on the leviers, how to change the skins. I know it was mentioned by WAGS but how to do it. I looked the mission editor and was able to find the aircraft and all the ground objects, but I could not find a skins section.

Thanks for your help.

I have a question on the leviers, how to change the skins. I know it was mentioned by WAGS but how to do it. I looked the mission editor and was able to find the aircraft and all the ground objects, but I could not find a skins section.

Thanks for your help.

Can't you change it when changing your weapons now in game?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your help.

If you are sitting in the plane on the runway,keypress is, LAlt plus ' ,will bring up a loadout screen that allows you to make some changes.

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Normandy + Asset Pack. Preordered. Took me a while, needed to pay my cc bills first :P

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Some question to Racoon and ED team.

On DCS: World Assets Pack videos, show a FLAK 36 and a FLAK 37 AAA guns. I investigate and the difference was meanwhile the FLAK 36 can use alone, the FLAK 37 use on conjunction with the Kommandogerät 40 rangefinder and mechanical analogical computer anti-aircraft director on batteries.

We can see them implemented on the FLAK 37 firing on batteries or actual 36 and 37 has the same unit?

Other point, on the "initial research" about WW2 units and installations of Normandy map, We see some ground and electronic radars as Freya, Jagdschloss, Mammut, Wassermann and Würzburg radars?

References:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.8_cm_Flak_18/36/37/41

to the guys who have access to the Normandy map alpha:

did you get some 3D objects of the asset pack already ? (i mean not only the new B-17 model but any other WWII vehicle, soldier, ship or fortification model)

are those models installed into the mods folder ?

and what kind of extension use those model files ? edm or ref files ?

can you see those models in the "model viewer window" of the mission editor a well ?

thanks

sign-pic4.jpg

If you are sitting in the plane on the runway,keypress is, LAlt plus ' ,will bring up a loadout screen that allows you to make some changes.

Ok Thanks, I was hoping to change in the quick missions, even if you start in the air. Will give it a try. Am also learning the mission building, and how to change skins, which I was able to do.

Thanks

to the guys who have access to the Normandy map alpha:

did you get some 3D objects of the asset pack already ? (i mean not only the new B-17 model but any other WWII vehicle, soldier, ship or fortification model)

are those models installed into the mods folder ?

and what kind of extension use those model files ? edm or ref files ?

can you see those models in the "model viewer window" of the mission editor a well ?

thanks

Hi Vampire

Here's the installation folder structure:

Eagle Dynamics\DCS Normandy EarlyAccess\Mods\tech\WWII Units

- They are edm files (there are also json files in there)

- yes you can see them in the ME model viewer (see attached)

Screen_170514_075358.thumb.jpg.807051bd3a529017495bb1209aec9cc4.jpg

Why so white wash shiny A-10? Exterior skin and cockpit inside?

Old version speculars?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Old version speculars?

Must be related to that - seems like there is going to be a fair bit of reworking on some of the skins to get them back to a realistic look.

Also note how the HUD is almost impossible to read against the sky (in the attached screenshot - the sun is high overhead, not on the horizon)

Screen_170514_162644.thumb.jpg.f3c938e60551d33639b341fdbe400646.jpg

• ED Team

We will see this tweaked as time goes on, also the HUD issue has been reported

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Old version speculars?

seems the reflection values of materials of the A-10 are too high (def and glass materials) but it could be the specular map value of the material as well or the blue channel of the spec. map texture too.

but iirc the blue channels of the spec. map of A-10 are black so it won't be the problem

i think that will be the first 2 problems and not the builtin shaders (same with the windows of UAZ, Ural, GAZ etc. car/truck models)

btw: interesting coz here it looks good: no reflection anomaly on the fuselage and canopy-glass

f2769e5ba521b8d2641e22f405947d18d7215627.jpg

Hi Vampire

Here's the installation folder structure:

Eagle Dynamics\DCS Normandy EarlyAccess\Mods\tech\WWII Units

- They are edm files (there are also json files in there)

- yes you can see them in the ME model viewer (see attached)

thanks :thumbup: and what about the steam loco model and its wagons ? edm models ?

btw: can you see the models in the mission editor/payload view, loadout editor/ammo view as well ? (not in the encyclopedia)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Sorry Vamp - yes you can see most of the assets in the ME model viewer.

Loco model - will need to check, but I've just left home for work so it'll be awhile before I can check (or maybe someone else can respond in the meantime).

Could really do with some '40's toys/hardware. I tried to lay Caen to waste but a few hundred cruise missiles from offshore reduced my machine to a slide show first.

:)

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

A little flip across the bay from Le Havre, foggy morning.

Edited by Vlerkies
  • Like 1

wow, it looks awesome

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Great video as usual and thanks again.

The thing I take most from that vid was how much the mist empashises the amount of places to hide out of LOS. I think that will be great for the ground forces side of things as well as cover for choppers and mudmovers like the A10 and Viggen. Its a lot more subtle than the Caucasus and will require skill to keep low enough to mask SAM's and so forth. Hope my rift return and Normandy coincide, can't bear to think of one without the other :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, 1.5 is here

http://imgur.com/ExwvvB1

I started off there but then started fiddling to get 60+near the ground in Normandy. So they are quite different now.

Need to fiddle a bit more with Normandy and get the shadows settings on, which are set to flat now. When thats done I will probably try those settings in 1.5 and 2.0 as well.

With a little bit of tweaking I can now use 1440p again. Thx

Hope my rift return and Normandy coincide, can't bear to think of one without the other :)

What happened to your Rift Cibit?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Hey mate. Intermittent fault where it disconnected randomly. Great 3 hours into a mission:mad:

Anyway oculus have been very good and I get a new one as a replacement. Soon hopefully:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

seems the reflection values of materials of the A-10 are too high (def and glass materials) but it could be the specular map value of the material as well or the blue channel of the spec. map texture too.

but iirc the blue channels of the spec. map of A-10 are black so it won't be the problem

i think that will be the first 2 problems and not the builtin shaders (same with the windows of UAZ, Ural, GAZ etc. car/truck models)

btw: interesting coz here it looks good: no reflection anomaly on the fuselage and canopy-glass

f2769e5ba521b8d2641e22f405947d18d7215627.jpg

thanks :thumbup: and what about the steam loco model and its wagons ? edm models ?

btw: can you see the models in the mission editor/payload view, loadout editor/ammo view as well ? (not in the encyclopedia)

Some A-10 flying in Normandy:

Old version speculars?

Speculars havent been converted to PBR for that livery it appears.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs