2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Are Newsletters still send by e-mail?

Same for me, not received this Friday via e-mail...

Possible issue with some customer's e-mail adress.

Additionnaly, the date of release on the forum is not the correct one (29 Feb 20 and not on 06 Feb !)

• ED Team

Newsletter should be sent by email if you have subscribed in your dcs account on our website.

The date of the forum post is because we prepared the post prior to the 06 Feb in a hidden part of the forum.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Newsletter should be sent by email if you have subscribed in your dcs account on our website.

The date of the forum post is because we prepared the post prior to the 06 Feb in a hidden part of the forum.

thanks

I have been registered for several years and have always previously received, but it seems that I am not the only one that didn't received the last one.

TBC next week.

I have been registered for several years and have always previously received, but it seems that I am not the only one that didn't received the last one.

I got mine just fine, and we live in the same country...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

That's how the saying goes. And it's true!

be602463433cb91085535b14a1c56d67.jpg

Same thing is true for getting 9 women so your child will be born in one month. ;-)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Been over this many times with you hanab the viper and hornet are being worked on and when we have news we will share it.

please do not derail this thread.

thanks

According to the last newsletter, i understand that ED still have any news to share about viper, hornet or supercarrier developement ?

What does TLC stand for?

The P-51D and upcoming P-47 are also receiving some extra TLC

What's TLC?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

What's TLC?

TLC = Tender Loving Care

And for those that did not get what they wanted...

“Patience is a Virtue”

So hurry up and wait...

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

That was a little disappointing. The dispersion fix is good news but with the big update hinted for next week i was hoping for something on the hornet or supercarrier.

No, this is VERY disappointing.

Nothing interesting in newsletter again, and nothing for Hornet in newsletter from ages.

And ED said that in february they will work hard on Hornet`s TGP and AG radar.

Now is middle of march...and no single word about those features.

Regarding the gun dispersion ... perhaps it is just my english skills, but what does

• "diminishes dispersion by approximately 1.5 times" or
  • "a drop in dispersion values of approximately 1.5 times"

exactly mean, mathematically speaking?

"times" means to multiply something, but if I multiply x with 1.5, x only gets bigger. I would assume, that x divided by 1.5 is actually meant? So, a reduction to 2/3 of the original value? :helpsmilie:

This

Regarding the gun dispersion ... perhaps it is just my english skills, but what does

"times" means to multiply something, but if I multiply x with 1.5, x only gets bigger. I would assume, that x divided by 1.5 is actually meant? So, a reduction to 2/3 of the original value? :helpsmilie:

diminishes 1.5 times

drop 1.5 times

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I would assume, that x divided by 1.5 is actually meant? So, a reduction to 2/3 of the original value? :helpsmilie:

Yes.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Exactly. Does it mean the dispersion radius is now 66% of what it was? i.e. the same as reduced by 33%? What does "diminished" mean? If a number is diminished by 1.5 times itself it is now negative half itself.

Someone else suggested to me it might be statistical, as in bullets are 1.5 times more likely to hit the spot aimed at. But that doesn't make any sense either as there's no scale to how big the target spot is.

If they were having a sale, would they say, "Prices now diminished by 1.5 times"?

Edited by AdmiralQuality

Thanks!

TLC = Tender Loving Care

And for those that did not get what they wanted...

“Patience is a Virtue”

So hurry up and wait...

Thank you. New acronym to remember...

Would have liked some info on the progress of fixing the performance issues many users have reported with 2.5.6.

Probably no progress on this issue because if they had news they would have shared it in this newsletter.

So in short, problem with BRRRTTTT. Fixing BRRRTTTTT.

Yes. It has been a long standing gripe for many regarding the apparent excessive dispersion of the A10's big BRRRRT cannon. This will be a welcome fix for me.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

About the gun dispersion reduction : Why the aircraft affected are 100% murrican ?

are there known and proven (by data and sources) problems with eastern aircraft gun dispersion? It may be that its simply easier to find data or video sources for western militaries right now.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I am subscribed but still no e-mail for like half year like others report. Not applicable to other subscribed thread. All works fine but the news.

Are FC3 aircraft affected too wrt to gun fixes?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I am subscribed but still no e-mail for like half year like others report. Not applicable to other subscribed thread. All works fine but the news.

Are FC3 aircraft affected too wrt to gun fixes?

Hm, this friday i didn't receive an e-mail Newsletter too, for the first time on my end. Every newsletter before that i received by mail, nothing changed on my side, i'm still subscribed and the newsletter is NOT in my spam folder....

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Hm, this friday i didn't receive an e-mail Newsletter too, for the first time on my end. Every newsletter before that i received by mail, nothing changed on my side, i'm still subscribed and the newsletter is NOT in my spam folder....

Same issue for me. It's now the second time that I didn't received the Newsletter.

And as you, I am still subscribed and the mail was not in my spam folder too...

:cry: