Thanks, Wags.

=Mac=

Im just tired to see "thanks ED for..." , "thanks Wags for...". And im asking again - thanks for what?

To be honest, ED should thank us...for being their clients for many years, and buying their products.

Stop being bootlickers guys!

You misunderstand who the "customer" is. We very likely need to thank the military of a couple countries and a few aeronautics clubs/organizations not the least The Fighter Collection to fund and support the research and development necessary for the groundwork that make DCS work.

I seriously doubt without any military or professional simulator contract in the background, one could finance the development of module like the A-10C or F/A-18C from a couple tens of thousands copies at $60 each. And use the rest to develop DCS World engine and assets for free...

Yes, we pay money for the modules, yes we are customers. And we can and should voice our opinions and concerns and wishes, to help shape and optimize the product DCS is.

But I doubt compared to the customers ordering a full fidelity desktop trainer for the A-10, a Simulation environment for a full fledged Mi-17 (Mi-8) Military flight simulator, or a home/desktop trainer for a Yak-52 aerobatics training simulator, we play such an important role, as some suggest...

Just my two cents.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I didnt understand..thanks for what? Pls stop with that sweet talking guys, its so stupid. We are all ED's clients and we pay for its product. So it is our right to push ED for new stuff, because we pay for it.

You decide to buy a product, you're not forced into doing so. Paying for something doesn't give you the right to push for anything other than what was offered and in this case for example...

I personally will thank to ED when i have a full-operational multirole FA-18C.

Until then, ED has a lot a work to do to deserve such kind of sweet talking...

There was no time line given on the complete F-18 and it was clearly marked early access, so I would say that your sense of what is owed to you is a bit off. If you only wanted a complete plane you should have waited for one to exist before buying.

In any case, what is there to thank ED for? A functional and enjoyable, if not also admittedly flawed in some respects, flight sim. I don't agree with or understand everything that ED does but I am getting more from my money spent on their products than many other similar ones.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Regardles of the relationship between people, everyone is happy to hear kind words, so why not just let people say thanks or express gratitude without commenting it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

You seem as annoyed as VDV. Maybe you should take your own advice?

Nahh I am good sparky. I am a satisfied customer enjoying what has been released thus far and here to counter the negative haters.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I may or may not agree with what VDV said. However, I believe he has the right to say it.

To tell us to stop expressing our gratitude?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

As I read, people were thanking the developers/team.

What you put wasn't to do with the product or team, but your feelings on the customers. So, Facebook/Reddit is a better audience, certainly more appropriate.

Im not tell anything to anyone...I just said my opinion. Cant I?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

As I read, people were thanking the developers/team.

What you put wasn't to do with the product or team, but your feelings on the customers. So, Facebook/Reddit is a better audience, certainly more appropriate.

:thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I may or may not agree with what VDV said. However, I believe he has the right to say it.

I agree with this...we used to be able to do this, but in ANY forum there are sycophants and there are constant critics...but these are the extremes...they still have the right to their opinion WITHOUT "dogpile" comments from either side...we're all anxious for the finished product, I think that's safe to say....oh, yeah...one more thing...don't forget to vote Tuesday :)

• ED Team
Ok bootlickers.:thumbup:

You may not share in others opinions, and that is fine, but insulting them based on your own opinion is not welcome here. Save name calling for the playground.

1.2 Forum members must treat each other with respect and tolerance.

https://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

No. Paying for stuff does not give you any rights, it gives you the product. Back to school!

In terms of software, paying for gives you the rights to use the product as per EULA (which noone ever read), the product itself stays property of the company that made it rainbowdashwink.png

I especially like the openness of this communication. I know ED aren't naturally open and Wags tries hard to walk the line between too much and too little, but in terms of this specific project I find the recent comms was very valuable. I prefer the disappointment of knowing that a target was missed than never knowing what the target was and being left with a mystery. Missing targets is pretty much software development in a nutshell.

This pretty much nails it salute.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

You may not share in others opinions, and that is fine, but insulting them based on your own opinion is not welcome here. Save name calling for the playground.

1.2 Forum members must treat each other with respect and tolerance.

https://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

+ 1 This.

Also Thanks Wags/ED!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Wags and all the ED team people have made me realise my childhood dreams.

My dad served in the Royal Air Force throughout my childhood and as such I was brought up on fighter squadrons in Germany during the cold war. I got to witness Tornados taking of in 4 ship formations and loads of other aircraft when I was 9-13 years old.

The shear noise was incredible. We had to stop class in school to let this happen.

I have always flown simulations on ZX Spectrums, Commodore 64 and of course PC. Now I get to fly Spitfires, Harriers, Hornets and the A-10C in Virtual Reality.

Dreams come true for me.

Thank you so much!

Newby to DCS here and I can't believe how impatient some folks are. Look on the bright side...they are constantly improving the platform....how many other sims/games do that? As an old guy, I am loving learning to fly the hornet and all the functions that work....and that is a lot of work. I am working now on air to air refueling. So for me...lots of good stuff and I'm patient enough to wait for stuff to work right and then released rather than get non working or really buggy stuff. Kudo's to ED.

Newby to DCS here and I can't believe how impatient some folks are. Look on the bright side...they are constantly improving the platform....how many other sims/games do that? As an old guy, I am loving learning to fly the hornet and all the functions that work....and that is a lot of work. I am working now on air to air refueling. So for me...lots of good stuff and I'm patient enough to wait for stuff to work right and then released rather than get non working or really buggy stuff. Kudo's to ED.

+1

How this got turned in to a negative thread there baffles me. Wags, I appreciate the time you put in to keeping the community abreast of things. There could ALWAYS be more updates and content, but, I reckon they come when there is information to disseminate. I've said it before on another thread - I'll say it again, while I wait for features to be implemented I will continue to work on my Case I and III approach and landings and unguided munitions. It is plenty to keep me occupied.

I sincerely hope some of the feedback you guys have gotten in recent months doesnt scare you guys away from the Early access model. It is nice to get it early and slowly learn more systems and weapons as they are added.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

I especially like the openness of this communication. I know ED aren't naturally open and Wags tries hard to walk the line between too much and too little, but in terms of this specific project I find the recent comms was very valuable. I prefer the disappointment of knowing that a target was missed than never knowing what the target was and being left with a mystery. Missing targets is pretty much software development in a nutshell. I do believe though, as soon as "Early Access" is purchasable that there should be a commitment to engage customers during the development, no matter how small the updates are. The alternative is meeting a release date with a finished product.

The contract basically is, giving you something unfinished in return for an early investment to meet business needs. If ED wants to continue EA models, then the entire process relies on a trust model, of which communication is a part, else, what happens is the customer base no longer trusts the EA model and will delay expenditure. Or basically, if you put people off EA by going quiet, you end up having no early investment from the customer base.

There's a lot of customers who get put off by this, not just with ED but in many other consumer gaming software. In the current climate, it's not easy to gain trust. Being open about things tends to intercept those worried customers, you see a lot of posts about EA and there's some quite mean shut-downs about not encouraging the EA purchases. Really it would make more sense not to put the EA process down, but highlight that missing timelines is normal and be upfront about it, whilst highlighting the successes.

Well put! When you take money from the customers in advance in the model you also need to engage them as partners that are along for the ride. Request and gather the right kind of feedback so you have a chance to make your software better.

Much of the issues have to do with the whole EA model being fairly new in the business, and it's not well known what customers should expect or what a company should get away with. Once the typical gamer has had a few bad and a few good experiences, they can form a reasonable range of expectations. Am I an optimist? :D

What I would like ED to do would be to offer deeper discounts for the first EA customers (or pre-purchase), to compensate for the time value of money and the risk (and frustration) involved. Or would that make the modules too popular, attract too many new customers and build too much hype? :P

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Im just tired to see "thanks ED for..." , "thanks Wags for...". And im asking again - thanks for what?

To be honest, ED should thank us...for being their clients for many years, and buying their products.

Stop being bootlickers guys!

Raven 68 is 100% correct, the fact that comments like this aren’t just deleted and the person warned are why I limit my involvement in these forums.

People are permitted to be rude to others and spout nonsense for zero gain for anyone.

“Thank Wags for what?” - literally how dare you.

So yeah, you can allow freedom to post for all the fools you want, but you lose contributions from people like me who don’t want to read this sort of drivel.

This is a company message board, not some lame democracy. They can go to reddit to have their valuable opinions heard and rated.

Just delete their comments 9 line, or make me a mod and I’ll do it. :)