OMG the Free for all is OVER!!

Targanon

Thank You ED for the Free for All, It helped me learn a lot about tail dragers and gave me a much better understanding of Russian aircraft. The MIG 19 in particular.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

How frustrating..I misread the steam dates as those for everyone...!

I wasn't looking at the store I was looking in game where the purchases are listed :-)

Lesson learned...cost me £50 more than it should :-)

Bill P

Why didn't you purchase at Steam and then transfer the licenses to your ED account?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As for the uninstall action, it's a little unintuitive, but I did it this way. De-selected a module, DCS then asks me to restart. I decline, go on about de-selecting the rest. When done, I exit by the exit "x" top right corner. DCS then asks me again to apply changes and restart. This time I comply and have everything done in one go.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Deselecting does not uninstall the modules. They are just unusable anymore. Only the trashcan uninstalls them with game closing and restarting every time.

Deselecting does not uninstall the modules. They are just unusable anymore. Only the trashcan uninstalls them with game closing and restarting every time.
Sorry, forgot to mention that. I should have been more detailed, that you only disable the annoying messages, and that I'm using Skatezilla's utility to remove multiple modules in one go.

Why didn't you purchase at Steam and then transfer the licenses to your ED account?

Im new to DCS and didn't even know that was possible! ...thanks will let my friends know....

is that possible for all steam purchases of Modules?

Bill P

Sorry, forgot to mention that. I should have been more detailed, that you only disable the annoying messages, and that I'm using Skatezilla's utility to remove multiple modules in one go.

no problem. didn't have to remove a lot of modules anyways.

Im new to DCS and didn't even know that was possible! ...thanks will let my friends know....

is that possible for all steam purchases of Modules?

Yes, see the section "How to transfer keyless DCS modules purchased on STEAM?" here.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/500/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Purchased two modules that I didn't plan to.

JF-17 and CE-II.

Once got to fly whole month instead just weekend, it was easy decision.

Now... Release already that Mi-24 so I can drop all other modules for a couple months... And then KA-50 BS3....

And yes, I have same thing... Default user interface allows uninstall one module at the time, but not multiple.

There is possibility to untick modules to deactivate them and multiple at the time as it asks do you want to restart. But same thing should be possible, mark modules to be uninstalled and then remove all at once in next restart.

Yes, it is not standard that we install/uninstall lots of modules, but doing this twice anyways is already annoying. It is after all just a better user experience to have multi-selection for uninstall just like multi-install.

So it goes both ways...

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It's a punishment - you should've bought the modules. Nothing comes free ;)

rdlaugh.png

I'm glad I didn't have any issues since I've got all the modules already, bar from that navigation thingy and a few campaigns that weren't even part of the event dealwithit.png

Thanks to ED anyway for this kind gesture of generosity. I hope it bought you some new customers that will stay with us in the future and help us all getting an even better DCS experience fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

They were free, only that I installed and deleted each. That was not much for good experience. I installed and deleted harriet three times :D

I almost bought one, but then decided to learn Frogfoot first. Maybe hornet will be - 50% sometime again.

The Hornet is well worth full price :thumbup:

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

The Hornet is well worth full price :thumbup:

Hornet and Harrier were both excellent. I feel that hornet is better and my country (Finland) uses them nowadays. I haven't HOTAS, only VKB Gladiator and Reverb, so I had some problems with mappings. Luckily I could use mouse in virtual cockpit so that was not so big problem what I excepted.

I had serious problems with flying hornet until I checked off game mode.

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

Well I can say only what a pain in the arse this is..

To get rid of all the plains that I didn't buy and in some cases did not even try out..

I have to delete each on individually..

with a restart between each OMG ED could you have not made it easier to remove stuff that you are not giving away..

Super carrier who cares about that when I get reminded every time I start DCS that I didn't buy this plane and this plane... I'm sure you get the idea... now to get them off my computer.. is a painful experience !!!!!

Not Happy JAN!!!!!

I got a notice when I started DCS that said the modules I tried out were no longer valid and if I wanted to continue using them I would have to purchase them, and it gave me the option to purchase each, I declined and it disabled them automatically. No deleting anything. I guess I could if I wanted to free up some space on my drive. :pilotfly:

You can use the command line, to uninstall without a restart in between, the syntax is:

DCS_Updater.exe uninstall <module>

For example: DCS_Updater.exe uninstall F-86F

The modules names are listed on this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2548018&postcount=4

You can even unistall several Modules at once, like this:

i3DZYbP.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

Comment of the millenium. Thanks mate! :thumbup::thumbup:

I am sure the procedure of uninstalling the modules will be improved.

To be able to repeat this free events in the future maybe the modules should just be disabled - there is a button for this but the lua file that is written for that is making the modules disappear completely from main screen.

For VR users I think there is a little plus problem atm.... the game hangs while the uninstaller waits for it to close so after restart you have to do it all over again and just kill DCS manually at the necessary moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I just can't seem to get The Normandy terrain dlc uninstalled

If I try with the in-game module manager I get a very long waiting screen and then a "Failed to wait for parent process to exit" error.

Also tried uninstalling via Command Prompt, but I'm probably not doing it right. (tried both "URGA Media" and "NORMANDY terrain")

Any help would be appreciated.

(should I just delete the entire "C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Normandy" folder?)

Edit:

Nevermind

Rebooted my system and the module key popup is gone now, so I guess the module itself must also be gone now

2020_05_22_14_33_25_Window.jpg.35ba552f13c488020d115cbac4443b70.jpg

2020_05_22_14_33_37_Window.jpg.de33e6537e8b2f87b5655e34558265b4.jpg

2020_05_22_14_38_05_Window.jpg.82755e49eac12b8ab9b415a98a331896.jpg

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

As soon as you confirm to the module uninstallation and agree to restart the game... right click on DCS icon on taskbar and choose to kill the poroces (you can use task manager for that too) then the uninstallation process will continue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least