Flew the Huey tonight and found out that there appear to be some great new features for helicopter flying on this server 🙂

Please could someone give a summary of the new rules so that I can fully understand them.  Using trial and error at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

12 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Flew the Huey tonight and found out that there appear to be some great new features for helicopter flying on this server 🙂

Please could someone give a summary of the new rules so that I can fully understand them.  Using trial and error at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Think its all explained here.

I'm tending to get game freezes followed by DCS not responding when entering dogfight involving multiple aircraft (4+). Otherwise everything runs great.

My specs are:

I7 9700K, RTX 2060 super, 32 GB DDR4 RAM (just shy 3 years old) and DCS installed on it's own Nvme SSD with 66% space remaining.

I haven't had similar freezes on other servers but in saying that I've spent very little time in other servers. Any ideas?

EDIT: I just tried to play the server again and got another freeze, this time while I was on the ground. It happened when 4 aircraft taxiid out past me. Total lock up, couldn't even go to task manager to try exit DCS that way. After several minutes I had to restart my PC. Really like this server but it looks like it's not playable for me unfortunately.

Edited by Shibbyland

3 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

Think its all explained here.

Many thanks Hoirtel 🙂

Wow, Enigma's server just got even better!  The best MP server by a long way for Huey operations me thinks.

Very well done Enigma and many congratulations on a brilliant server.  :clap:

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

So I think my issues with crashes are memory related. I'm generally using up 80% of my memory on Enigma server but I just saw a spike of over 90%. I suspect when Im crashing it's exceeding the limit.

I'm not sure what to do as I have 32GB of RAM and decent GPU. Any tips on reducing RAM usage?

Check this out... single-handed strike on Beirut airfield last night... Went in with Su-25 (4xS-24B), double Rolands started firing... I evaded a load of missiles and managed to damage the radar of one battery... and they went silent somehow... Then I caught two Viggens in the corner of my eye that just landed from an anti-ship strike... Roared through them in a nice dual S-24 pass... Unfortunately, went out of fuel and crashed a couple hundred meters from nearest rwy...

Why would the Rolands stop firing? Did they run out of missiles?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hOQdoWgM-mR2CcHaiSP5Wq7b422lRldV/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Aries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Dear Enigma,

first of all, a big thx for all the effort to create this amazing community, I enjoy flying on your server in my sporadic free time and its nice to sometimes get away from the FOX3 battles. Quick question, would you consider adding the Mirage2000 as a „benefit“ module, just like the Mig29A and the F14A? I consider the Mirage2000 heavily underused and underrated and it would help boosting it a bit. From its weapons it is a nice fit compared to the Mig29, a bit less capable rockets, no optical guidance but a bit better radar and its flight characteristics especially makes it a killer (if flown well). Just a thought as I think it would fit, plus the Mirage could use a little extra love right now…

• Like 1

Trying to join the discord: I'm ending in a loop; "Claim this account" and when I try; "Email is already registered" 

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

2 hours ago, ragenoob said:

I recorded a replay that I wanted to view but the outside cameras are all blocked, is this normal? would it not be possible to allow them?

Rename track to miz, open in ME, change to allow views. Save. Rename back to trk.

• Like 1

Agree with Talisman, Syria is kinda....lame with how wide the frontline is but definitely is a breath of fresh air when I get tired of Caucasus 

On another note, what happened to the rear aspect only missiles? That was pretty fun and pushed for more than just getting in close for a kill.  I don't do discord so I'm hoping Enigma answers here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlitzPuppet said:

Agree with Talisman, Syria is kinda....lame with how wide the frontline is but definitely is a breath of fresh air when I get tired of Caucasus 

On another note, what happened to the rear aspect only missiles? That was pretty fun and pushed for more than just getting in close for a kill.  I don't do discord so I'm hoping Enigma answers here.

I don't do Discord either, as I cant sign up to their privacy policy and I don't like their data mining business model.  Not everyone uses Discord, so I am very pleased to have this forum thread available.  Thank you Enigma 🙂

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 2

Bell_UH-1 side.png

On 9/5/2022 at 3:26 PM, BlitzPuppet said:

We did it as an experiment. It may/likely will be coming back in some form in the future.

Right now we have been testing a more modern rear aspect mode 60s vs P

Fantastic server, really good fun. I would like to make a couple of suggestions.

1. Can you add arrows on all the airfield runways to indicate desired direction of use. Might help prevent accidents. 

2. Would it be possible to get a few beacons added to Syria for radial navigation. Would be a massive help for navigation (F10 seems a bit cheaty) and would allow players to communicate to each other by X miles along radial XXX, beacon XX. Caucasus has enough tacans around but might need some others.

Could be an added challenge...rather than removing weapons, remove the f10 navigation...

Edited by Hoirtel

On 9/10/2022 at 12:01 PM, Hoirtel said:

1. Can you add arrows on all the airfield runways to indicate desired direction of use. Might help prevent accidents. 

It's certainly not a bad suggestion but I think it does say in the FAQ to always use the right side of the runway, to avoid running into each other incase someone is coming the other way.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

30 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

It's certainly not a bad suggestion but I think it does say in the FAQ to always use the right side of the runway, to avoid running into each other incase someone is coming the other way.

Does it? Ah yes I must have forgotten that bit. Don't think anyone does that, and not all the runways are the same width...

• 2 weeks later...

A great server but really demanding on my system especially on the Caucasus scenario. My specs are: I9 9900K@4.5ghz, 32Go DDR4, RTX2080, SSD M2 and Quest 2. When I'm flying on the frontline I have terrible stuttering and my framerate dropped. It's really difficult to fight with this condition. 

Is it possible to reduce the amount of units on the frontline?

On 9/26/2022 at 10:47 PM, Midair said:

A great server but really demanding on my system especially on the Caucasus scenario. My specs are: I9 9900K@4.5ghz, 32Go DDR4, RTX2080, SSD M2 and Quest 2. When I'm flying on the frontline I have terrible stuttering and my framerate dropped. It's really difficult to fight with this condition. 

My DCS fps has dropped by 3 or 4 just recently across the board.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 6:47 PM, Midair said:

Can you post on our discord and we will help troubleshoot your issues.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

To bad this server is going the same destiny as alpenwolfs...

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

3 hours ago, Skyracer said:

To bad this server is going the same destiny as alpenwolfs...

I don't think so.  Although I have not been on the server much lately due to low fps issues in VR since the 2.8 patch release.  😞

Perhaps others are also finding performance an issue since the 2.8 patch.  I have managed the odd flight on Enigma, but sometimes the performance is worse than ever.  Snow kills my fps since 2.8 and I have to leave the server.  😞  Syria is bad too.

Caucasus map is best for me at the moment, but if there is snow on the ground I have to leave the server.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR
  • Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I didn't notice any drop in fps from 2.8, the only problems I have is that hosting the server in the USA will raise my ping from 140ms when there are only a handful of players to a massive 260ms and over when the number increase. Then desync & lag become my wingman and for me arrive the moment to quit.

I still hope that one day the second server (the one actually for testing I think ) could be promoted to a full server and will be moved in Europe so finally I will get ping below 50ms.

21 hours ago, Cab said:

In what way?

20 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

I don't think so.  Although I have not been on the server much lately due to low fps issues in VR since the 2.8 patch release.  😞

Perhaps others are also finding performance an issue since the 2.8 patch.  I have managed the odd flight on Enigma, but sometimes the performance is worse than ever.  Snow kills my fps since 2.8 and I have to leave the server.  😞  Syria is bad too.

Caucasus map is best for me at the moment, but if there is snow on the ground I have to leave the server.

Happy landings,

Talisman

What happened with Alpens server was that they put in ridiculous weapons restrictions. This pandemic has just started on this server. I mean RB-24 for the viggen? Come on man. Whats next?

I mean alpen removed A2A weapons for viggen.

Hopefully this server is focusing on realism not team balance. Cold War in syria? Wtf Cold war should be in Caucasus  

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView