Pre-order, 17th of February’23

YoYo

2 minutes ago, Nahen said:

And now I have a simple - this time a serious - question for all those who accuse RAZBAM of incompetent project management, straining patience, not keeping deadlines, etc.

Tell/write what did you lose

Trust.

Trust in their ability to pull this off, that they know what they are doing. Trust that the next time they communicate something they can be dependent on. I don't want to over-dramatize this, as this is indeed an entertainment title (although, if you want to feel the wrath of disappointed, ask some US fans of Taylor Swift's how they felt betrayed over a silly entertainment thing like purchasing concert tickets. People can get quite agitated over nothing, and this is just a mild breeze compared to that brouhaha).

Professionally, I also tend to feel bad when I see what feels like shoddy workmanship in a field I'm at home at, but this is just coincidence here.

I don't feel robbed, cheated nor betrayed. Just a bit disappointed. Like when a friend who said they would come over doesn't - and not for the first time. It happens, and you can't help but feel a bit bad, maybe even slightly disrespected. Nothing big. You still talk to them, and all is fine. And you'd be a liiiitle bit more hesitant the next time they called to ask if they can come over...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Accusation is (too ) strong a word. I would say I was just speculating as I claim not to have no insider information.

I would say I am not even disappointed. I waited over a year for the MB-339A, I can wait for 2 or more days just to pre-order.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

14 minutes ago, Nahen said:

And now I have a simple - this time a serious - question for all those who accuse RAZBAM of incompetent project management, straining patience, not keeping deadlines, etc.

Tell/write what did you lose, how much did your life collapse due to the fact that RAZBAM, as the creator of this particular module, stated that he is not ready to put it on pre-sale now?

For me, DCS is entertainment, fun, I've been waiting for this module since the first day of the announcement, looking longingly at the shelf with boxes with F-15 Strike Eagle, F-15 Strike Eagle II, F-15 Strike Eagle III from Microprose, Janes F-15 and others. But apart from wanting to start playing, I didn't bet on the house on this date, I didn't give notice termination of employment to the company, I didn't sell my sons...

It's fun, nothing more. In my opinion, if RAZBAM decides that he has to postpone the pre-sale for another year - I will write again how many classes I will have to find to kill time this time and that's it. Maybe when I'm done with the HOTAS kit for the pilot and WSO F-15E, I'll start building side panels, front panel... it will always be extra time for made it 😉

I suggest that everyone who feels deceived, betrayed, etc., go for a long walk, call a friend they haven't seen for a long time, maybe their parents. Let take a deep breath and look around for something worth the next two days, maybe the next week or month. Spring is coming in the northern hemisphere, maybe the garden is calling for attention...

People, no one robbed you, cheated you, did not betray you - someone wants you to be satisfied with the product itself and the cycle from pre-sale to release. So don't tighten your buttocks, full slack...

Interesting approach. I don't think you understand why this topic was brought up. It's not about what's lost. You shallower topic and you give simple arguments, obvious. None of us lost anything, but there is such a thing as "good PR" and "promise". imagine that you and your child go to a free match that someone cancels, twice or more. What emotions does it evoke in you? Do you know the word "be let down"? It's just about that. Of course, we all keep our fingers crossed for the RB and the release of the model and we wish everyone the best, because it's our hobby (importnat part our life) and love for aviation, the only thing we expect is clear communication and keeping our word and deadlines in both side. Thats all to be clear. 

Ok, I'll stop for Today because the topic is getting long. We are waiting for the news on Friday! 🙂

• Like 5

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No reason to get all winded up about a small delay like this 🙂 it's only the pre-order, the more important date is the Early Access Release...

If throw my money yeasterday or tomorrow won't change much, the day it get my hands on the Eagle is much more important 😉 

• Like 5

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

24 minutes ago, JohnMclane said:

But "the match" isnt canceled or even delayed, you just get the tickets 2 days later, still well before the actual "match".

It's more like the date for the actual match has yet to be announced. But the people organizing it have put up flyers about when the ticket  sales open up twice now around town. But each day it comes they can't manage to unlock the building or have staff their to do it so they cancel.  So some people begin to question how will the manage to pull off the eventual match itself if they cant manage to sell just the tickets.

Edited by Lykurgus
  • Like 2

The F15-E has been my most liked aircraft since the late 80's when Hasegawa released some 1/72th scale models I built in my teens.

Very excited to see it come to DCS.

Massive thanks to @Notso for participating in this, love your videos and the depth of knowledge you're sharing on this jet. The fact that you're a former F15-E pilot changes everything and your words are golden!

Kudos to RAZbam for bringing this to life on DCS.

note to self: I wonder If I'll be able to -use- of that jet if I get it. Love the the F15-E but I'm worried it might take a PhD to operate it.. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1

Trust...

Trust in whom? On what issue? I want to buy a computer game module ... a module that I've been waiting for 10 years and I'm glad that it's just around the corner. I didn't make an appointment with  RAZBAM for coffee, lunch, or going to the game. I didn't agree to anything except wait for them to do something I'm willing to pay to play with.

Comparing it to a friend or going to a game with your son is a joke.

No one is forcing any of us to place the purchase of the F-15E module at the level of existential life decisions that have an impact on our lives, our families, and the environment. When you go to the store to buy bread because someone told you that it is on sale and when you find a place that is empty - the shelves are empty or the promotion has ended, do you also lose trust in who informed you about it? Or maybe to the store? Or maybe a baker? I don't, I buy bread at a normal price/I go to another store where bread is available. Its all.

Embarrassing ... This trust can be lost to a friend when it turns out to be an ordinary loser and not a friend. And not when he doesn't come over for a beer because you two were appointment, because that's stupid. A friend is not for drinking beer with him...

The match with the son that didn't take place... well, you're the father/parent. Your role is to compensate him so that he doesn't feel disappointed - the more so that life will fail him more than once and this match is a piece of cake.

You're making a drama out of something that doesn't matter at all. What matters is how RAZBAM will do its job once you can evaluate it. And that's why, as for me, let him postpone the pre-sale and release dates for the next 2-3 years, if it is to guarantee a decent job and its final effect.

9 minutes ago, ElCoyote_ said:

note to self: I wonder If I'll be able to -use- of that jet if I get it. Love the the F15-E but I'm worried it might take a PhD to operate it.. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

This is the phenomenon of the entire F-15 family - they are relatively simple planes to master - the idea of their creation and operation was exactly this - give the pilot as much space as possible for his skills without overwhelming him with unnecessary information, complicated devices, etc. You can do it 😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nahen said:

Embarrassing ... This trust can be lost to a friend when it turns out to be an ordinary loser and not a friend. And not when he doesn't come over for a beer because you two were appointment, because that's stupid. A friend is not for drinking beer with him...

A true friend is for drinking whiskey with. 🥃

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

It’s ridiculous! It’s the first time I heard that the pre-order can be postponed twice! No matter how it is explained, this makes people highly doubtful about when it will be officially released
In addition, the RAZBAM  seems to be addicted to postpone, don't doubt that there may be a third postpone

We don't want RAZBAM using repeated delays of pre-orders as a hunger marketing ploy

Edited by huchanronaa
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, huchanronaa said:

It’s ridiculous! It’s the first time I heard that the pre-order can be postponed twice! No matter how it is explained, this makes people highly doubtful about when it will be officially released
In addition, the RAZBAM  seems to be addicted to postpone, don't doubt that there may be a third postpone

We don't want RAZBAM using repeated delays of pre-orders as a hunger marketing ploy

why are you so angry? this is Razbam?! anyone rushing to pre purchase this deserve exactly what they get... a steaming pile of.......

1 hour ago, Lykurgus said:

It's more like the date for the actual match has yet to be announced. But the people organizing it have put up flyers about when the ticket  sales open up twice now around town. But each day it comes they can't manage to unlock the building or have staff their to do it so they cancel.  So some people begin to question how will the manage to pull off the eventual match itself if they cant manage to sell just the tickets.

That's a much better analogy but still faulty. Tickets are a finite resource, selling of them needs to be well organized and timing matters because it affects people's ability to get one so you have to publicize the date and stick to it.

This is more like selling the code so you can watch it on pay per view. You can buy that on the day pre orders open or a week later or a month later, it doesn't matter. The day that pre orders open isn't an event, it is basically meaningless here.

Pre order is delayed again, so what?

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, huchanronaa said:

Your are new here? Some ED modules was delayed more any 3rd parties and that has only a repeat otherwise of angry torches... (Hornet, Supercarrier, Viper, etc)...

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks something Much Bigger is happening here than just a preorder??? 
I mean…Pre-Order…just basically collecting money and no obligation for nothing immediately in return …Why delayed not once but twice??? 
I think we might be in for a nice surprise when Pre-Order finally happens 

• Like 2

Patrick

mini.gif

The doors of wallet closed ! Continuation of  that modul developing - without my support. I will think about late sales, may be ...they want me wait... i will wait...  This sh.t with not "holding" word is annoying ! That repeats almost every time again & again with any module , i dont care whos this fault . Thats disrespectful from them . Result -no money . Thats it !

p/s That  gouging from their side helps me make right decision & save money - i prefer Phantom & i m sure it reveal earlier 😉 

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

Just now, Phantom88 said:

Am I the only one that thinks something Much Bigger is happening here than just a preorder??? 
I mean…Pre-Order…just basically collecting money and no obligation for nothing immediately in return …Why delayed not once but twice??? 
I think we might be in for a nice surprise when Pre-Order finally happens 

^Hype-fueled, assumption-driven pattern of thought (that leads to disappointment and raging) spotted 😛

• Like 4

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script